Skip to main content
Gryfon
Gryfon

United Kingdom · From August 2006

Discussions

Lu2
Has anyone seen Gryfon recently, please?
Lu2, 1 of October of 2009 at 17:19

Or does anyone stay in touch with her? She doesn't really 'know' me, but she might have some answers to some questions I have. Nothing sinister, promise. If you do know her, could you please tell her...

Gryfon, thursday 1-Oct-09 2
mummy2hannah
WeightWatchers vs SlimmingWorld??
mummy2hannah, 18 of September of 2009 at 22:04

Hey everyone.... I desperatly need to join one! I want to lose my baby weight, plus the two stone I've put on SINCE having Hannah...just wondered which one's better? TIA xxx

Gryfon, saturday 19-Sep-09 3
Knownowt
Atkins- can anyone explain?
Knownowt, 21 of August of 2009 at 22:25

I've always loved the idea of the Atkins diet- I love meat, cream, butter etc but can take or leave carbs. I've never tried it though as I don;t really believe in it- I think that people lose weight...

Gryfon, friday 11-Sep-09 5
L
HDMC (Hitched diagnose my cooking)
LittlePeanut, 19 of August of 2009 at 20:47

I normally work stooopid hours so don't get time to cook anything other than something really quick (for this read: H usually cooks ?) but as I'm on gardening leave I'm trying to address my...

R-A, thursday 20-Aug-09 12
L
Combination oven / microwave - do you have one and do you use it?
LittlePeanut, 16 of August of 2009 at 18:10

We've got a panasonic combination oven / microwave / grill. We use the functions individually, but rarely use them combined. I was wondering if anyone does, and what works well in them. We have tried...

Gryfon, sunday 16-Aug-09 3
A
Getting rid of bamboo
Alexm, 15 of August of 2009 at 20:36

Hi, skipped across from BT so hope you don't mind me posting ? We have bamboo in the garden and want to get rid of it which I understand is REALLY difficult. Does anyone have any experience /...

Gryfon, sunday 16-Aug-09 3
Gryfon
Wooo 2.5lbs off last night :oD And ideas needed!
Gryfon, 14 of August of 2009 at 11:15

I'm very chuffed as now since I was at my heaviest (in 2005) I'm now 36lbs lighter than that! Got another 24lbs to go at least but at this rate I think I should hopefully make it by Christmas ? What I...

Gryfon, saturday 15-Aug-09 3
Bowski
I think I'm falling apart
Bowski, 13 of August of 2009 at 14:17

I've just been to see my occupational therapist about pacing with my ME/CFS and ended up crying. I feel like I'm sat on the edge of a swimming pool, where the water is it's dark and scary and behind...

princess layabout, friday 14-Aug-09 10
Gryfon
Best free e-mail account?
Gryfon, 13 of August of 2009 at 11:57

Heya I need to make one up for work e-mails but I'm not sure whether to go with Googlemail or Hotmail. Or is there no difference between them? Thanks ?

*ginni of the lamp*, thursday 13-Aug-09 5
H
Why do I do it to myself
HappyBlueDiamonds331, 12 of August of 2009 at 12:00

Sabotage my diet that is, I feel soooooooooooooooo fat today. Have been on WW since January 2008 and lost 2 stone, well over if you count how much I have put back on and theb lost again. I seem to be...

Gryfon, wednesday 12-Aug-09 5
NeoShoegal
Why do Americans fear nationalised healthcare so much?
NeoShoegal, 11 of August of 2009 at 23:06

I know the NHS has it flaws, but given the choice, I'd choose our healthcare system over theirs anytime. The comments I keep getting from some American friends are: it will be outdated, subpar, slow,...

Mr JK, wednesday 12-Aug-09 31
Gryfon
Help! Emergency waist taking in on trousers.
Gryfon, 11 of August of 2009 at 17:40

I'm off out in about 5 minutes and my trousers are now far too big around the waist. They do stay up but they make my top look funny because the waist sticks out. I have safety pins I can use but I'm...

Gryfon, tuesday 11-Aug-09 2
lmsunshine99
So excited - healthy BMI!
lmsunshine99, 3 of August of 2009 at 09:29

Week 9 weigh in today and I have officially lost a stone, 15lb to be exact! That means I am now at the top end of my healthy weight range and my BMI is within the normal range, just, 24.9. I am...

Gryfon, saturday 8-Aug-09 5
Gryfon
Fleas...argh!
Gryfon, 7 of August of 2009 at 13:38

Was wondering why the dog was scratching and just gave her a good comb and found a flea ? Off to get some flea stuff from the vets later for her and I'm just trying to remember what else to do. I...

Gryfon, friday 7-Aug-09 1
Gryfon
Campers :o)
Gryfon, 5 of August of 2009 at 12:18

I'm just revising my camping check list. Was wondering what the things were that you find you need when you're there and you've forgotten? And also what you tend to take with you and never use? My...

Gryfon, thursday 6-Aug-09 20
Chicken
Lunch
Chicken, 6 of August of 2009 at 13:42

Turkey, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce and mayo on sundried tomato bread. Thank you Alfords of Farringdon. There's no wonder I'm not losing weight.

mimimouse23, thursday 6-Aug-09 21
Gryfon
Back pain and painkillers, WWYD?
Gryfon, 6 of August of 2009 at 12:17

I've got chronic back pain which is caused by being hypermobile, having children, putting on weight and lack of exercise! I'm dealing with the weight, can't exercise much because I've been told it'll...

Gryfon, thursday 6-Aug-09 1
Gryfon
What spices would you add to this food?
Gryfon, 5 of August of 2009 at 16:00

I need to use up some beef strips in the fridge, so I was going to fry those with mushrooms, slices courgettes and spring onions and serve with cous cous and salad. However not sure what spices to put...

Gryfon, wednesday 5-Aug-09 1
Sunset21
Flying ants...
Sunset21, 5 of August of 2009 at 15:40

Our front and back garden are infested - I haaaate them. How long do they usually last once they erm, hatch?

bobbi, wednesday 5-Aug-09 15
C
What do u eat on an average day??
crackers1, 3 of August of 2009 at 09:58

I need some inspiration as have been healthy eating now for the lst two weeks and have lost nothing (sob).... I had a baby 5 weeks ago and naturally through fluid retention etc lost a stone, then...

Gryfon, monday 3-Aug-09 2
swampytiggaa
my brother died this morning
swampytiggaa, 2 of August of 2009 at 11:31

5am. That fcuking fiasco with the *** boat finished him off. just glad i got to see him last night before the end and that he was able to recognise who people were. rest in peace Michael xx

Sah, monday 3-Aug-09 93
Gryfon
Has anyone here got a dehydrator?
Gryfon, 31 of July of 2009 at 20:49

And if so do you use it lots? I keep wanting one and wondering whether it's worth it. Would use it to dry fruit for the children and possibly do some foods before we go camping so when we're starving...

shooting star, saturday 1-Aug-09 1 749
Bowski
Ouch - Sacroilliac joint injectons hurt
Bowski, 31 of July of 2009 at 14:20

Well actually the injections sting a bit but my god the pain today is terrible. I ache all over, My back is killing me and I'm all shaky. I just want to go to bed. How long will it take for the pain...

Gryfon, friday 31-Jul-09 2
Leela Sh
Cross stitch help / advice
Leela Sh, 29 of July of 2009 at 13:38

I have been working on a birth sampler for child number 2 (this one http://www.sewandso.co.uk/cgi-bin/find/db.cgi?db=zoom&do=search_results&Prod_Code=58021&ww=1) having completed one for...

Gryfon, thursday 30-Jul-09 5
ashke_again
What's your average spend on food in a month?
ashke_again, 30 of July of 2009 at 18:00

Just trying to work out budgets and looking at the last few months we're probably spending nearly £260 (on average) on food for 2 of us. That's a bit much isn't it? Caught the start of the article on...

PoppetK, saturday 1-Aug-09 64

General groups

Hitched article topics