decibelle
decibelle

United Kingdom · From February 2006

• Beginner

Discussions

Mr JK
First British swine flu death
Mr JK, 14 of June of 2009 at 20:36

Just announced - I suspect that BBC page will add more details over the next few hours.

sparkle_kez, tuesday 16-Jun-09 13
oldspeckledtam
Ridiculous things you've done in your sleep.
oldspeckledtam, 12 of June of 2009 at 22:36

I was just clearing out my phone texts and came across this one from my brother. "Girlfriend has excelled herself. Apparently she was dreaming that she was being made to eat worcester sauce, onion and...

crystal-k, monday 15-Jun-09 58
Mrs Magic
Please not again. How poxy? (tmi)
Mrs Magic, 13 of June of 2009 at 12:57

I'm wibbling. ? I've had shingles twice and chicken pox three times. Today I have the pain in my head that I haven't felt since I had really bad chicken pox three years ago, ending up in an infectious...

Mrs Magic, sunday 14-Jun-09 22
Maxi
I've earned my good wife points for the year
Maxi, 13 of June of 2009 at 17:44

H is on his annual works golf outing today. I did say to him last night that he'd best pack some waterproofs, did he listen...no. Said he needed all the room in his golf bag for the Miller ? Got a...

Maxi, saturday 13-Jun-09 10
Old Nick Esq.
What do you do if....
Old Nick Esq., 11 of June of 2009 at 12:10

You've just inventd something devastingly brilliant. Incredibly simple. But with a limited market?

Old Nick Esq., thursday 11-Jun-09 9
Hubble
wwyd - i am so stressed out i feel ill. (teachers esp but anyone sympathetic!)
Hubble, 9 of June of 2009 at 21:51

I long suspected, but discovered the other week for sure that i am being underpaid by an average of £6k in comparison to some of my colleagues with the same or less responsibility both in my school...

Lumpy Golightly, wednesday 10-Jun-09 18
Mrs Magic
A year on...
Mrs Magic, 5 of June of 2009 at 18:03

I just wanted to post and say thank you to Hitched, as well as my branched off friends on Facebook and HPAD. It's the anniversary of my 'breakdown' this week, I can't quite believe a whole year has...

Nichola80, saturday 6-Jun-09 24
Zoay
UKIP to change their name to Aardvark Party
Zoay, 5 of June of 2009 at 08:27

Well, that's my suggestion following http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/8081729.stm Do people really just tick the first box they see? Should 'unfolding paper' be on the national curriculum?...

MrsMcB2B, friday 5-Jun-09 15
Iris
Is it OK to buy wine for teachers?
Iris, 4 of June of 2009 at 12:47

Master I has just over 4 weeks of reception left. I know people buy gifts for teachers these days. Is wine the done thing as I don't want to go down the twee tat route. His teacher is a lady in her...

LizBjk, friday 5-Jun-09 27
decibelle
Huge Name & Praise - The Proclaimers!
decibelle, 3 of June of 2009 at 08:00

You'll need a bit of background for this one! ? My H is a musician. In 2003, the band he was a member of (The Grim Northern Social - https://myspace.com/thegrimnorthernsocial) went on tour with the...

decibelle, wednesday 3-Jun-09 7
Braw Wee Chanter
Vegetable experts - What is this?
Braw Wee Chanter, 28 of May of 2009 at 19:49

I bought a vegetable today from a small independent greengrocer. I've never seen one before and I could have sworn the sign said it was Water Garlic (Great for roasting, just treat like any vegetable)...

RubyBlue, friday 29-May-09 17
WelshTotty
How's this for a speedy house sale?
WelshTotty, 27 of May of 2009 at 11:06

Colleague of mine in work, put his house on the market just over a week ago, last week had 10 viewings on it, 3 offers, the highest of which he accepted (a cash buyer too!) he went to view a bungalow...

WelshTotty, friday 29-May-09 20
baublegirl
Neighbour intimidation over weeds/boundary etc - any ideas?
baublegirl, 26 of May of 2009 at 19:24

Hi - was wondering if anyone could help out wiht some advice for my Mum. She's nearly 70 and lives alone in Council property. She loves her garden and spends a lot of time tending it, she knows loads...

decibelle, wednesday 27-May-09 15
baublegirl
Is there any point appealing this penalty notice? (road fine)
baublegirl, 26 of May of 2009 at 15:01

While driving on a red route in Sth London last saturday morning, I felt very sick. My H pulled over quickly and I jumped out of the car to be ill. He drove off straight away to find somewhere to...

Gryfon, tuesday 26-May-09 6
S
Digital Photo Frames
Steph73, 25 of May of 2009 at 08:09

Can anyone help. I'm looking at getting one for my mum's birthday but know nothing about them (if there is anything to know). My budget is about £60 and I'd like it not to be too difficult to upload...

Steph73, monday 25-May-09 3
Knownowt
Cockbibs
Knownowt, 25 of May of 2009 at 07:33

Waah, I'd never heard of these but it seems that discussion of them has filled up half the interweb. Introducing the cockbib https://www.jezebel.com/cockbibs-keys-to-not-getting-a-blow-job-5261578...

SophieM, monday 25-May-09 3
Old Nick Esq.
Lanocane anti-chafing gel....
Old Nick Esq., 23 of May of 2009 at 16:23

I hesitate to ask..... But is there a market?

SophieM, saturday 23-May-09 20
decibelle
Where would you be without Ikea?
decibelle, 23 of May of 2009 at 09:46

I was looking round our house this morning and, after a trip to Ikea yesterday, it's really dawned on me how much we've relied upon it to furnish our home. From Ikea, we've bought: Hallway - rug...

fox-in-socks, saturday 23-May-09 28 2,190
anjumanji
Blood Test - what might it be for? Update......Sneaky and underhand behaviour!
anjumanji, 19 of May of 2009 at 20:49

Hello, if someone was to go for a blood test, then have another one an hour or so later, would you have any idea what it might be for? The only thing I can think of, that may be under investigation,...

GMT, friday 22-May-09 80
hazel
Buying houses in Scotland
hazel, 20 of May of 2009 at 21:40

Can anyone explain to me how it works? FIL is looking to buy in Scotland. His understanding is that he can't make the offer until he has the cash for the full purchase. My understanding was that...

hazel, thursday 21-May-09 9
Daydreamer
Bunion question
Daydreamer, 20 of May of 2009 at 10:39

Hi all I have had a bunion develop on my foot. It was only a few months ago that I actually realised it was a bunion, I just thought it was bruising from wearing too tight shoes until a friend said...

Daydreamer, wednesday 20-May-09 17
glider12000
Is it time for a General Election?
glider12000, 20 of May of 2009 at 12:25

I`m watching PMQ`s and the conservatives are calling for a general election. Just wanted an idea whether people were mainly for or against this idea.

princess layabout, wednesday 20-May-09 12
Mrs Magic
Would you have been offended?
Mrs Magic, 20 of May of 2009 at 08:27

I don't mean massively offended, more just mild "ummm... what?" style offence really. I've joined a stitch & *** knitting group in a local wine bar, with everyone being under the age of 45 or so,...

ooh la la, wednesday 20-May-09 12
Oompa-Loompa
Dress opinion - too OTT for a wedding?
Oompa-Loompa, 16 of May of 2009 at 15:25

I tried this dress on today and it looked amazing but my H thinks it is too 'much' (not price) for a wedding. What do you think?...

shooting star, monday 18-May-09 56
Puss
A really stupid Harry Potter Question.
Puss, 15 of May of 2009 at 11:05

I have read The Deathly Hallows more times than I care to count as it is the only book that I can read that doesn't make me want to read more and end up not sleeping iyswim. There is one thing I don't...

eponymous, saturday 16-May-09 31
Petal
Things to do in North Devon?
Petal, 14 of May of 2009 at 19:24

Hi Just wondering if you had any tips for what to do in North Devon? We are going to Ilfracombe for 1 week next week and I wanted to make the most of our time there (just me and my H). We are open to...

decibelle, friday 15-May-09 5
decibelle
Just got a BNP leaflet through the door
decibelle, 14 of May of 2009 at 13:17

Jeebus. Can I share it with you? Sorry, no scanner. The first side starts with THE NEW BATTLE FOR BRITAIN (with accompanying picture of a Spitfire) NO to EU Rule and the Euro NO to Immigration and...

Old Nick Esq., friday 15-May-09 16
kierenthecommunity
the 'pregnansee' advert on BT
kierenthecommunity, 6 of May of 2009 at 16:44

I appreciate the forum is here to generate an income via advertising for hitched. and no way would i tell you who and who can't advertise but any chance they can change the grim as hell advert...

decibelle, sunday 10-May-09 12
B
Because of Hitched I have never...
Boop, 8 of May of 2009 at 08:47

Touched the bump of a pregant woman - even if they offer. It's such a taboo horror on BT that I'm terrified of offending. Anyone else?

stafoo, saturday 9-May-09 39
decibelle
Is it ever going to stop fcuking raining?
decibelle, 8 of May of 2009 at 10:40

This weather sucks. It's been raining for what seems like weeks on end. My poor garden is a tattered waterlogged mess and my children are going stir crazy. I can't even take the bin out without...

Cazzyg, friday 8-May-09 14

General groups

Hitched article topics