Skip to main content
TheCakeNinja
TheCakeNinja

United Kingdom · From April 2010

Discussions

N
Dummy wedding cake?
November11thwifey, 14 of August of 2015 at 17:32

I have a really small budget but want a fabulous cake. Has anyone seen dummy cakes? Would have like 6 or 7 tiers and only the top 2 would be cake the others are just iced polystyrene. Am all for this...

November11thwifey, saturday 15-Aug-15 9
TheCakeNinja
re introducing myself :)
TheCakeNinja, 14 of August of 2015 at 11:47

Good morning all Thought I would say hello and reintroduce myself as it were. I was a hitched supplier many moons ago and made many friends here over the years. For one reason or another I had to shut...

TheCakeNinja, friday 14-Aug-15 3
pammy67
Look what I did today **flash**
pammy67, 13 of April of 2014 at 19:59

Darling daughter and I went shopping for inspiration to Country Baskets. £85 later and I have all my stuff for my flowers. Peonies are out of the window though. Can't get the right colour here. So saw...

TheCakeNinja, monday 14-Apr-14 14
donnyette
just done my flowers *flash*
donnyette, 7 of April of 2014 at 13:32

So I have just sat and made flower bouquets. Artificial flowers as budget is tight but tried to do the best I can. Do they look really cheap? Honest opinions please x

TheCakeNinja, thursday 10-Apr-14 23
E
Honest opinions on this dress plz!!
ExpensivePurpleStationery146, 8 of April of 2014 at 22:48

Jens Hand Crafted St, wednesday 9-Apr-14 18
SillyWrong
At last!! I bought my dress!! *FLASH*
SillyWrong, 6 of April of 2014 at 08:43

It's been a long and hard journey ending in an 8 hour shopping trip yesterday .. But I now have my dress ..

cymruangel, monday 7-Apr-14 35
M
Home made invites
MrsB2015, 25 of March of 2014 at 15:11

Hi Guys For those of you that have made your own invites where did you get all your bits and bobs from, card etc. I cant see any I like so was going to have a go at making some. Thanks in advance xx ...

MrsToffee, sunday 6-Apr-14 26
S
If you have nothing nice to say and there really is no point to what you are saying...
spain202, 4 of April of 2014 at 12:37

Hi Lovely ladies, This made me laugh so I thought I would share. A person at work decided to tell me, for no reason, that he does not like the hotel chain that I am gettting married in, and then...

*Mini*, saturday 5-Apr-14 21
victoriahbell
Fortune teller?
victoriahbell, 2 of April of 2014 at 14:11

Hi All We are getting married on 06 April 2015 and we're having a carnival theme reception. I really like the idea of having a fortune teller at the reception just for fun, but my parents think it...

ClaireD*, friday 4-Apr-14 11
ATB
Hahaha - a corker from my mother!
ATB, 2 of April of 2014 at 11:22

We are having a 90th birthday bash for a family member this Saturday in my reception venue (it's our local village hall) and I've been asked to do the decoration. My mum suggested I used the table...

*MM3*, wednesday 2-Apr-14 20
H
My flashes!!!
Haylzlou, 1 of April of 2014 at 19:45

Hi everyone I'm getting on great! We are getting married at The Old England Hotel in Windermere on Friday 29th August (just a small do - 16 people) and then having a party for family and friends in...

*MM3*, saturday 12-Apr-14 6
SillyWrong
Invite inspiration *Now updated with flash of invite*
SillyWrong, 7 of March of 2014 at 14:41

I've finally found what I'm looking for - I've been bimbling through google images for months - you know when you don't quite know what it is you're looking for and the BAM there it is!? We wanted our...

*MM3*, monday 31-Mar-14 13
M
Wedding invite flash advice
MrsB2015, 29 of March of 2014 at 13:42

Well after debating about making my invites someone pointed me in the direction of imagine doing it yourself.co.uk. I ordered a sample and it came today. Out theme is red and black and OH designed he...

pammy67, sunday 30-Mar-14 6
BarcaGirl25
Place names *Flash*!
BarcaGirl25, 28 of March of 2014 at 15:49

Mum and I have been working hard at these and she has just sent me these pics! Getting excited it's all coming together! 23 days to go and more importantly 14 working days to go! Dress fitting...

Elixia, saturday 29-Mar-14 18
H
Cake toppers arrived - yay!
Hisgirl, 27 of March of 2014 at 12:46

My stunning cake toppers have arrived today from Andrea at Tiddys Tops and they are truly amazing. Her attention to detail is incredible and turn around was really quick.They are going to look so...

TheCakeNinja, thursday 27-Mar-14
InkedDoll
Possibly sensitive topic - Mother Nature and your wedding
InkedDoll, 26 of March of 2014 at 10:06

So, this occured to me suddenly last week. What if I get my period the day before, or even worse of, the wedding?! OH thought I was just referring to the issues it might cause on the wedding night...

Kjay, sunday 30-Mar-14 37
K
Gifts - opinons!
Katty1234, 26 of March of 2014 at 11:06

Hi Ladies im looking at gifts for my two bridesmaids and have come across this site which I quite like but struggling what to get. Any opinions on what you think would be best - I quite like the idea...

TheCakeNinja, wednesday 26-Mar-14
InkedDoll
Elopement dilemma
InkedDoll, 24 of March of 2014 at 09:52

So, a fair few of you probably know by now that H2B and I are eloping. We originally wanted to go to Vegas and when that wasn't financially viable, we settled on Gretna Green. After the initial...

SillyWrong, wednesday 26-Mar-14 16
ShropshireLass
Guest book alternatives?
ShropshireLass, 25 of March of 2014 at 17:38

Just sorting the last minute bits & pieces and realised we don't have a guest book yet. I wanted to do something a bit different to a guest book, but we don't want a wish tree/fingerprint tree or...

DaffodilWaves, wednesday 26-Mar-14 15
.A.S.
First timer EPIC flash. 14 weeks to go (July 5th, 2014)
.A.S., 24 of March of 2014 at 21:44

I have finally got round to doing it! Would love to hear any opinions... EPIC FLASH Mark Lesley wedding dress - the bolero came with it but im undecided on it yet. depends on whether it hides anything...

MrsACF, wednesday 26-Mar-14 18
S
Dress FLASH
SoontobeMrsR, 23 of March of 2014 at 18:29

Simply can't resist as I have seen so many other beautiful dresses. Heres mine! I'm no where near as thin as this model but felt amazing when I tried it on!!

TheCakeNinja, monday 24-Mar-14 9
Joebella44
Bought my Wedding Dress!!! - now includes flash!
Joebella44, 23 of March of 2014 at 12:04

Totally pointless post but I'm so excited and still on a high from yesterday so just wanted to share with others! Bit of background, i tried this dress on about a month ago and liked it but it was in...

Joebella44, sunday 23-Mar-14 9
McFarley
weirdest wedding item you have come across...
McFarley, 22 of March of 2014 at 18:50

I only ask because I popped into a wedding accessories shop in Norwich last week. They sell everything from wedding tiaras and shoes, to invitations, table confetti and table centre pieces,...

McFarley, monday 24-Mar-14 29
Sam&Louise
Cake topper flash!
Sam&Louise, 21 of March of 2014 at 09:19

Our cake toppers have arrived I adore them! They were made for us by "TiddysTops" Andrea is a fellow HIB, so I wanted to give her a shout out as I was blown away when they arrived. They are so...

Sam&Louise, friday 21-Mar-14 12
A
sash or no sash? FLASH
Aykay, 20 of March of 2014 at 17:36

My dress is due to arrive soon. Every time I have tried it on I love it but always have a wobble when I look at pics of it. I have ordered a sparkly sash for it which will be sewn onto the dress but...

MOMB, sunday 23-Mar-14 31
Suzie88
How on earth do you wear hold-ups?
Suzie88, 18 of March of 2014 at 19:11

OK, this is probably a personal thing, I tried on my wedding shoes, and I know I'm going to have to wear something on my feet - stockings/tights/etc. - something! I love the look for suspenders and...

Suzie88, friday 21-Mar-14 10
P
Inspiration needed for wedding shoes - flash me yours!!
Paranoid_Pixie_:), 13 of March of 2014 at 15:34

Title says it all really. I am running out of time to get my shoes, I need to have my dress fitting!! I can't find anything that is what I want, please flash me your wedding shoes.

jen-lou, friday 14-Mar-14 40
TheCakeNinja
Been gone a while, popping in for some help!
TheCakeNinja, 10 of March of 2014 at 11:41

Hi all ? not sure how many oldies are still about (Sherrie?) but I used to be a regular hib ? To cut a very long story short I had to close our wedding shop and website due to many family traumas, and...

TheCakeNinja, thursday 13-Mar-14 23
TheCakeNinja
Technical issues!
TheCakeNinja, 13 of March of 2014 at 09:49

Hi , can all ladies that replied to my previous post and are waiting for a design list please email me at **********@*****.**.** and not lilypondweddings. Im not sure whats going on but clearly there...

TheCakeNinja, thursday 13-Mar-14 284
Lola-Belle
Care to Share your Thank You Gifts
Lola-Belle, 29 of December of 2012 at 17:15

Hello Laides, Pretty self explanitory the post really but wanted to know what everyone else is doing for thank you gifts for wedding party including MOB FOB ect?? Really stuck for ideas on a tight...

TheCakeNinja, sunday 30-Dec-12 8

General groups

Hitched article topics