Skip to main content
C
Civil Ceremonies

United Kingdom · From November 2007

Discussions

MrsB88
Need some help please.....talking to Priest
MrsB88, 9 of October of 2014 at 13:24

Hoping you guys can give me some advice. Im catholic, h2b atheist. H2b finds religion & churches intimidating & uncomfortable. Just an example, when we were in Barcelona visiting a cathedral,...

Paula @ Ollievision, thursday 9-Oct-14 11 1
SillyWrong
Using twitter to advertise for witnesses!?
SillyWrong, 26 of September of 2014 at 11:31

We're getting married next week!! If you've been living under a rock and have missed me screaming it from the rooftops - we're getting married in Spain next Sunday. It's not legal though, we're having...

Civil Ceremonies, friday 26-Sep-14 11 1
L
Changes to marriage notice period
little_katie, 17 of September of 2014 at 02:49

Hi ladies, My fiance and I are scheduled to be married on the 6th of June 2015 in Oxfordshire. Earlier this morning we received an email from our registry office informing us that the notice period...

Civil Ceremonies, sunday 21-Sep-14 4
A
Booking the Registrar for Dummies
AmyMay92, 17 of September of 2014 at 21:38

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here - my OH and I have been engaged for 4 years nearly and have finally decided to look at wedding venues and get things moving. We looked at a wonderful venue earlier this...

AmyMay92, monday 20-Oct-14 9
*RMD*
Extra Suggestions Please
*RMD*, 1 of September of 2014 at 13:21

Hi Im putting together a box of bits like inflatable guitars, microphones, feather boas and hats that people can have fun with on the dance floor in the evening. Can anyone think of anything that...

Cricstay, friday 30-Sep-22 16
cinnamon009
white flowers?
cinnamon009, 21 of August of 2014 at 13:51

I had my first meeting with the wedding florist a few weeks ago and I am now back at the drawing board to think about what flowers I want. I want all the flowers to be white with some greenery. I want...

kimiu, friday 22-Aug-14 8
E
Top Table Dilemma!
Em921, 4 of August of 2014 at 15:11

My H2B and I have just started discussing our top table plans and come to a bit of a dilemma! My parents are married so I will be having my mum, dad and MOH (my sister) on the table. However his are...

HundredMonkeys, monday 4-Aug-14 5
L
Wedding Venues in Cheshire, UK
lauradew, 25 of April of 2014 at 09:31

I am looking to get married in Cheshire, and this will be a civil ceremony, not a religious one. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some pretty venues for both reception and ceremony services in...

Civil Ceremonies, sunday 3-Aug-14 3
MadamRed
Le Soulier shoes - anyone had any?
MadamRed, 2 of August of 2014 at 20:58

Hey guys, I was looking at hitched suppliers, and I came across Le Soulier shoes. The shoes on hitched & the Le Soulier website look amazing, and I'm thinking if I have to save on my dress it...

MadamRed, sunday 3-Aug-14 2
BethG
Ceremony fees!
BethG, 1 of August of 2014 at 11:34

Hi We are just in the process of booking our wedding for next year. We would like to get married at the venue, but the cost of getting the registrar out is £450. I wouldnt have minded but after seeing...

KinkyBride, sunday 3-Aug-14 19
R
HELP PLEASE! Large low budget wedding in Birmingham/Midlands/Warwickshire area??
Rosalita, 7 of January of 2014 at 22:43

Hi everyone! I got engaged on Christmas Day and have just joined Hitched I would be so grateful for any advice you can give me. We are planning to get married in July or August 2015 and have a budget...

Civil Ceremonies, friday 1-Aug-14 8
S
Ceremony Query
sianigirl, 31 of July of 2014 at 14:51

Hi There, I'm getting married next year in Wales, where I am originally from. I picked a venue and paid a deposit but there are no registrars available that day. My partner wont marry in a church, so...

Civil Ceremonies, thursday 31-Jul-14 7
lilacpearl
Deed poll....all a bit confusing for my little brain! Help please :-)
lilacpearl, 30 of July of 2014 at 14:12

Hey everyone, I need to get my name changed by deed poll after my wedding. I'm taking my H2B's surname, and I know my marriage certificate will be enough for this in usual circumstances but.... when I...

lilacpearl, wednesday 30-Jul-14 4
J
unlicensed venue and registrar's signing, need some thoughts please!
JenniferRennifer, 24 of July of 2014 at 09:13

Hi everyone, i've just joined as i really want some advice/thoughts on my situation. Basically we found a venue that is amazing it wasn't licensed but we were told they were hoping to be by our...

hollyhollytree, thursday 30-Jul-15 16
xoxoxo2017
Hen Weekend choosing nightmare! Part 2 decided but Part 1 driving me insane!!
xoxoxo2017, 25 of July of 2014 at 11:19

Its my ***part 1*** driving me MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!! It’s the one I shall invite all the girls in my life to (exp. 50% to come and already know families on both sides wont) but I am torn between a...

Civil Ceremonies, friday 25-Jul-14 26
emabee
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! VENUE NIGHTMARE! UPDATED - new venue booked!
emabee, 14 of July of 2014 at 16:38

So, with 6 weeks today until our wedding, our venue have just emailed me to say that there is scaffolding going up all over the building which will remain there for our wedding day. The venue has...

MrsDJG, monday 21-Jul-14 93
C
Calling all plus size brides
Cat_3386, 7 of July of 2014 at 19:56

Hi ladies, I am thinking about starting a bridal shop in the North West which exclusively stocks plus size wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses. I am trying to find out if there would be much...

ATB, tuesday 8-Jul-14 3
M
Changing ceremony time
Mrs-S-to-be, 4 of July of 2014 at 21:45

I've been away for a week and come back full of questions! We booked our ceremony for 3pm but as the planning gets further along I feel like it should be at the earlier slot (1.30) - has anyone...

Mrs-S-to-be, monday 7-Jul-14 5
H
Two wedding ceremonies??!
HappyCouple14, 4 of July of 2014 at 01:05

Hey I have a sensitive and odd question at the request of my sister in law - here goes.. Isit possible to get married in the town hall and then 3 weeks later have another ceremony performed. It would...

Civil Ceremonies, friday 4-Jul-14 22
M
Silly question re witnesses
MsFrogToes, 30 of June of 2014 at 09:36

Hi all, I'm new here. Getting married in October. I have a very silly question regarding witnesses. I would like my Finnish mother to be a witness as I really want her on the marriage certificate....

Civil Ceremonies, monday 30-Jun-14 4
M
Top table?!
MrsGGtobe, 9 of June of 2014 at 14:58

We are getting married in 2016 so plenty of time to think about this idea...but has anyone else considered a top table just for the bride and groom? I saw the idea a while ago & due to various...

Civil Ceremonies, wednesday 11-Jun-14 11
M
Guest List help
mrs_w_to_be, 10 of June of 2014 at 16:28

Hi everyone, this is my first post here We were originally planning to get married abroad as my fiancé's parents have a place in Florida. However, they go every May/June which isn't suitable for my...

mrs_w_to_be, wednesday 11-Jun-14 11
S
Irritated
SoontobeMrsR, 9 of June of 2014 at 19:25

Am I having my first bridezillas moment?? OH's cousin is really high maintenance, he is 45 and the whole family pissy foot around anything he wants as "it's just him" He has no social skills and is...

Alisha.B, tuesday 10-Jun-14 16
M
Yesterday I was looking at my parents wedding album...
Mrslizziew2be, 26 of May of 2014 at 10:35

Yesterday was sunday roast round my parents, we arrived really early and as normal got chatting about the wedding. It hit me that Iv never seen my parents wedding album! So my mum dug it out and...

Lorns, tuesday 27-May-14 15
J
Oh dear... *dress flash***
Jayla, 25 of May of 2014 at 20:06

So, about a month ago now I went dress shopping and had the 'moment'! As soon as I put the dress on I felt like a 'real' bride and had to hold the tears in, well after trying on 5/6 more, I tried it...

Civil Ceremonies, monday 26-May-14 22
lovelaurajane
Midweek wedding negatives
lovelaurajane, 26 of May of 2014 at 14:26

Hi all, We were really shocked at how far ahead everything is booked... and so have thought that we'll go for a Thursday wedding as we want to get married next year. I can only really see positives...

SillyWrong, wednesday 28-May-14 24
Curlysuzie
MOB shoe help!
Curlysuzie, 25 of May of 2014 at 22:21

My mum is struggling to find shoes to match her outfit.... So do any of you lovely ladies know anywhere where we could get some purple court type shoes with a small heel 2inch max.... That's the...

Curlysuzie, monday 26-May-14 5
N
Article on weddings i read last night.
nammy502, 21 of May of 2014 at 11:52

Hi everyone, on tuesday evenings, i always end up with a copy of stylist mag thrust at me as i enter the tube, whilst reading it on the way home there was an interesting article about marriage...

Civil Ceremonies, wednesday 21-May-14 9
kimiu
Department store make up counters
kimiu, 16 of May of 2014 at 08:55

I've mentioned these in a couple of posts before, but thought it worth mentioning again to those who can't afford/find a make up artist for their big day. On Saturday I went for a "bridal" make up...

kimiu, sunday 18-May-14 15
C
Food options, again!
cw2b, 7 of May of 2014 at 18:05

I posted a couple of weeks back about our inability to choose the main dish. We had our tasting of 2 chicken dishes as we couldn't try a roast, but none the wiser! We tried chicken in mushroom sauce...

ClaireD*, wednesday 7-May-14 12
The Little Jewellery Box
O/T Cotswold winter break - where?
The Little Jewellery Box, 5 of May of 2014 at 10:04

Hi all, thinking about a winter break, nov or dec. I would love to stay in or near somewhere quaint and pretty, countryside. Also in or near a nice shopping area? What area is nice to stay? Also, any...

Rob Pack Photography, monday 5-May-14 5
smokesignal
What colours with daisies, but not yellow?
smokesignal, 29 of April of 2014 at 14:12

Hi, so we've not been engaged very long, so this is really me just looking around the web for inspiration, but I think I'd really love to have daisies everywhere. Our wedding is going to be quite...

MOMB, thursday 1-May-14 13

General groups

Hitched article topics