Skip to main content
P
petitefilous

United Kingdom · From August 2008

• Beginner

Discussions

Beccy Sprout
Anyone else been told this after their hair trial???
Beccy Sprout, 30 of September of 2009 at 21:55

I was told by my stylist not to put conditioner in my hair the last couple of times I washed it before the wedding as I'm having an updo so the lack of conditioner will help it stay up as it will be...

petitefilous, friday 2-Oct-09 13
Fozzy Bear
It's tomorrow!
Fozzy Bear, 2 of October of 2009 at 09:07

My day is finally nearly here! I must admit, after everything that happened in June, there has been more than one occasion where I thought this day just would not happen. But, we got through last...

prettywild, friday 2-Oct-09 19
Fluffy
Off the peg wedding dresses
Fluffy, 5 of October of 2008 at 16:40

It seems these are hard to get these days. I have a friend coming down from Cheshire in 2 weeks. She'd really like to look for an off the peg wedding dress as she's really not keen on the whole...

petitefilous, wednesday 16-Sep-09 16
knickers_twickers
Anyone else feel like a year is ages away?
knickers_twickers, 8 of September of 2009 at 13:42

I keep reading people saying how time is whizzing by! I'm starting to feel like maybe I should start to get things done! Wedding is 18th September next year so only just over a year away and so far we...

petitefilous, tuesday 8-Sep-09 20
kellyandy027
how far in advance did every1 book their wedding/reception
kellyandy027, 4 of September of 2009 at 16:27

Hi all, I got engaged on my birthday last month, h2b and i are looking at getting married in june 2011, was just wondering from everyone else how far in advance they booked their wedding/reception???...

GEMINIBEBE, wednesday 9-Sep-09 16
lizzyleek
I just had to share... I'm sooo excited!!!
lizzyleek, 5 of September of 2009 at 14:48

Hi Ladies, I'm sorry I just had to share... When me and my H2B first sat down to plan our wedding after working everything out we realized we had a really small budget (really really small) So that...

lizzyleek, sunday 6-Sep-09 24
Mitzi50
When do you meet the people from your venue again?
Mitzi50, 5 of September of 2009 at 09:23

We booked our reception venue back in about January time. We havent really heard anything from then since, other than a letter confirming we have paid the deposit and they will contact us nearer the...

Mitzi50, saturday 5-Sep-09 6
bluewater
it's the weekly weekend good/bad thread! maseltov!
bluewater, 4 of September of 2009 at 09:44

GOOD: again, lots of lovely hitchers getting married this weekend! for me: BAD: i am having to bash my keyboard as i type as the space bar isn't working!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr GOOD:get to see my 3...

petitefilous, friday 4-Sep-09 18
P
Problems with dresses
petitefilous, 1 of September of 2009 at 15:47

Hi, I'm getting married on 3rd October and starting to get a little bit worried about some dress issues!! I've got 3 Bridesmaids (adult, 12 yrs, 10 yrs) but only 2 dresses, the 12 yr old has been...

petitefilous, tuesday 1-Sep-09 1
I
How much do tiara's cost?
i cant wait, 1 of September of 2009 at 16:43

THere seems to be such a variation of prices at bridal shops i have been to, can anyone tell me how much is resonable to pay? I dont want something too fussy or big. Thanks for any help/advise. Or if...

Katie V, thursday 3-Sep-09 11
HatTrick
Making your own flowers?
HatTrick, 1 of September of 2009 at 09:58

I'm thinking of making my own buttonholes and bridesmaids bouquets. My aunt did this for her wedding in June and they looked great, and I've watched a few clips on you tube of how to make a simple...

hayles77, saturday 5-Sep-09 17
groomwithaview
The coolest thing?
groomwithaview, 31 of August of 2009 at 10:52

RIght - the boards have been quiet for a bit and with all the bruhaha in the week, I refuse to let HItched die, so its my mission this week to post as much as possible! Starting with a question -...

Brian Parkes LSWPP (, monday 31-Aug-09 7
bec84
Whats your wedding perfume?!
bec84, 25 of August of 2009 at 08:44

Come on Ladies, been done before but I'm trying to decide on a wedding perfume, so inspire me! x x

drifter, wednesday 26-Aug-09 18
Hugo Brambles
Would you (or did you) buy a second hand wedding dress?
Hugo Brambles, 6 of July of 2009 at 18:06

I'm usually on OT but have skipped across to get opinions from you guys. I'm currently researching opening a bridal shop selling second hand wedding dresses. Would you consider buying your dress from...

shenyan, monday 13-Sep-10 41
FutureMrsCover
list to ask venue...
FutureMrsCover, 19 of August of 2009 at 16:40

Hey Hitchers! Im off with OH to view the venue we really like on saturday, what should I look out for and ask them? Thanks x

Amethyst, monday 24-Aug-09 13
P
Photographer Question
petitefilous, 15 of August of 2009 at 21:01

Ok, this is probably a silly question but here goes anyway. What do you do with the photographer(s) during the wedding breakfast? I've heard you have to provide a meal for them too, is this right and...

PhotographybyRiddell, tuesday 18-Aug-09 9
missdeedee
Questions about m&s wedding cake...
missdeedee, 15 of August of 2009 at 16:47

Sorry, I know this has probably all been asked before, but just had a couple of questions about the M&S Cakes. The 'traditional cakes', can these cakes be stacked directly on top of each other?...

Catherines Cakes, tuesday 15-Sep-09 29
The Sock Chicken
Roll Up! Roll Up! Come and introduce yourself!!
The Sock Chicken, 12 of August of 2009 at 16:11

I know it's not been too long since one of these was done. But I have been naughty hitcher of late and now I have returned I feel a bit 'out of the loop' with all these newbies. Also it's a little...

AngeliB, monday 17-Aug-09 93
teeheeyoucrazyguys!
OT Pssssssst...
teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 11 of August of 2009 at 15:02

Ive just been out in my wee car. Just pottered about the village, with the rock music to soothe me lol. Went for a wee drive, then to mums with a paper, then to the recycling point and to the docs,...

petitefilous, tuesday 11-Aug-09 8
trikebabe
HELP ! wedding dress creases
trikebabe, 10 of August of 2009 at 16:40

Any help on how i can get some of the creases out of my wedding dress please. Any idea's will be gratefully recieved, Thank you in advance x

trikebabe, monday 10-Aug-09 2
Weather Girl
October bride & grooms - a catch up
Weather Girl, 6 of August of 2009 at 08:29

Well, our big days seem to be approaching at speed now so I thought it was time for a catch up. How are you all doing? I still need to: Buy presents for the best man, ushers, those doing the readings,...

petitefilous, sunday 9-Aug-09 10
Dubai Bride
M&S Wedding cakes
Dubai Bride, 20 of July of 2009 at 08:36

Hi Fellow Brides Ladies i currently live in Dubai, but im getting married in Shriopshire on Sept 26th this year. I am going to get my cake from M&S, I hear you can order it 3 weeks before hand. Is...

ashmegdj, tuesday 21-Jul-09 8

General groups

Hitched article topics