Skip to main content
Sandysounds
Sandysounds

United Kingdom · From April 2009

Discussions

E
uplighting + drape recommendations newcastle?
elvira-darkside, 16 of June of 2015 at 19:55

Help me hitchers! anyone used/using this kind of service? ive sent a few emails out for quotes - but really dont know what is reasonable or not. any north east brides have a recommendation?

Sandysounds, thursday 18-Jun-15 1
C
Should I ask the DJ Any Questions? (E.g. about Contingency Plans in case something goes wrong?)
CristaMB, 27 of June of 2014 at 15:38

Hi, Just wondering if you ask your suppliers questions before you book them and what those questions might be? I asked the photographer various questions such as 'do you have a back-up kit, do you...

Sandysounds, sunday 29-Jun-14 6
L
Finding a DJ
loves-young-dream, 10 of April of 2014 at 20:27

I need to find a DJ, I've left it late as I don't really know how to look for one? How am I supposed to judge them on their website? Or do I meet with them first?

InkedDoll, friday 11-Apr-14 4
A
the whole day - advice needed !
amrssoon2be, 13 of March of 2014 at 20:55

Hi We are after your thoughts and opinions. Me and my other half thought we found the perfect venue, however some problems have arisen with the venue ! Never mind, life goes on We have decided that we...

thespectrumband@hotm, sunday 23-Mar-14 18
M
Opinions on these Terms and Conditions
Mrs-RM-to be, 10 of March of 2014 at 19:37

Hi, Was wondering if people would mind giving me their opinion. There is a few terms and conditions we have received from the venue which im a bit 50/50 on and just wanted to gauge other peoples...

melgibbs, tuesday 11-Mar-14 10
Cupcake26
Nottinghamshire Bands
Cupcake26, 19 of February of 2014 at 11:51

Hi can anyone recommend any bands in the Nottinghamshire area? We want something a bit indie but also can play poppy songs! Struggling to find anything that doesn't cost an absolute fortune!

Cupcake26, friday 21-Mar-14 18
G
Need advice on weekday wedding!
gillshaw15, 6 of February of 2014 at 12:16

Hi - I'm new to posting on here, but need any advice on weekday weddings! Me and my OH have been together nearly 10 years and got engaged about 6 months ago and are planning to get married in 2016. We...

Jade8, saturday 25-Jul-15 48
H
DJ's in Southampton/Winchester Area!
hfraser87, 5 of February of 2014 at 20:52

Hey!! Has anyone got any recommendations for a DJ in the Southampton or Winchester area!? Its the next big thing on the list to get booked up and I'm finding it hard to find a decent one so any...

Sandysounds, thursday 6-Feb-14 3
R
Timing confusion again :(
RLB, 5 of February of 2014 at 21:15

Thought I'd got my timings for the day sorted, and had even checked with my photographer, who agreed they were fine. We were planning on the following: 12.15 I leave parents house for church (30min...

Sandysounds, thursday 6-Feb-14 6
DrBuffles
Quizzes on tables at wedding breakfast
DrBuffles, 5 of February of 2014 at 11:00

I went to a wedding in the summer and they had put little boxes of cards with an 80's music quiz in them on the tables. It was a great way of breaking the ice between people who didn't previously know...

DrBuffles, wednesday 5-Feb-14 9
M
Dj cost
maxi-qu, 3 of February of 2014 at 21:43

So sorry, I bet this has been asked a million times before.. I emailed my tog asking for recommendations for dj's. And she was really helpful and gave us a few, also went to a wedding fair and found a...

Sandysounds, wednesday 5-Feb-14 13
M
Wedding Ceremony Exit Music
Minicupcake, 26 of January of 2014 at 18:01

Hello, This is my very first post! My parter and I really need help picking an exit/recessional song for our wedding. We are looking for something modern we don't care for older music (I really don't...

babybl00, wednesday 29-Jan-14 9
Curlysuzie
Hook and eye for train...
Curlysuzie, 22 of January of 2014 at 22:38

Eeekkkk I brought my wedding dress on Sunday!! The women in the shop mentioned that some brides now are having a hook and eye to fasten their train up for the evening. Has anyone done/thought of doing...

*Pugsley*, sunday 26-Jan-14 4
MischiefMumma
Wedding 'Disco' music
MischiefMumma, 16 of January of 2014 at 09:08

Morning ladies, I'm just after a yes or no sort of poll really. Me and OH are really into our dance/electro/house music, Swedish House Mafia, David Guetta (pre sell-out!) Laidback Luke etc. We're...

natwock, sunday 19-Jan-14 15
S
Disco???? advice needed
Shely, 17 of January of 2014 at 16:50

Hi all. Could really use some advice. Im getting married in july and we are having a civil ceremony followed by wedding breakfast. The ceremony is at 3.30 pm. The wedding started off tiny with just 20...

Shely, friday 17-Jan-14 1
K
Wedding cake question
Kk86, 6 of January of 2014 at 14:19

Hi everyone, we have decided to go for an M&S wedding cake - it's very plan and simple and you add finishing touches (e..g, ribbon, flowers, brooches, etc) to it yourself. Anyway, I am going to...

Wedding Photography, tuesday 15-Apr-14 4
Erin8
DJ recommendations in central / north London?
Erin8, 2 of January of 2014 at 19:23

Could anyone please recommend a DJ in the north / central London area? -our wedding party is being held in Angel. We like indie / rock type stuff with the odd traditional wedding disco type music for...

mariannechuaphotogra, tuesday 7-Jan-14 5
W
Band & DJ
whitters2k, 2 of January of 2014 at 19:39

Hi all, I just wanted to see whether anyone had any suggestions of a wedding band? We are looking for a band that will also do a DJ set and an acoustic set earlier in the day that would be under...

whitters2k, friday 3-Jan-14 7
Erin8
First song and last song?
Erin8, 2 of January of 2014 at 22:11

I know this has probably been done to death in the past but what are / were your first and last songs? First song: Never Tear Us Apart by INXS (maybe the acoustic version?) Last song: God knows! Mr...

Sandysounds, friday 3-Jan-14 4
G
which song to walk down the aisle to?
goingtobemrsmatthews, 6 of December of 2013 at 21:58

Me and oh love both these songs, but we cannot pick? Help! We are having a church wedding.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-_4oxZH60A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zkYrYLYM0g Thanks! x ...

SamanthaBrandon, thursday 17-Dec-20 10
K
Dummy cake tiers
KyleighB, 26 of November of 2013 at 09:07

So orginally I was going to make the cake myself to keep costs down but Ive now realised that its a crazy idea! Now my thoughts are to use dummy tiers?! I'd like a three tier cake and to use the...

HelenSomerset, wednesday 27-Nov-13 3
E
Wedding Insurance - Public Liability
ExpensiveOrangeCakes62, 4 of November of 2013 at 15:56

My first post, so be gentle! We've set the date for our wedding in May2014 and I'm about to sign a contract with a local hotel to provide all the facilities (wedding room, breakfast, evening party...

mirandag, thursday 7-Nov-13 11
L
Songs to walk down the aisle to?
Lankylil, 6 of October of 2013 at 23:29

I'm having a hotel ceremony with 5 bridesmaids. Do I have a different song for when I am going to walk in or just the same one? Also what are your thoughts on songs for the wedding walk? I like David...

MrsOh, monday 7-Oct-13 4
F
Major TOG wobbles :(
future.mrs.c, 3 of October of 2013 at 21:36

Hi everyone, I was mega excited when I saw my TOG had a wedding at my venue coming up (following on fb page) kept waiting for photos to be uploaded. Well, I'm totally disappointed don't know what I...

~Curley~, tuesday 22-Oct-13 13
K
Opinions on DJ 'traditional games'
Kwal, 30 of September of 2013 at 03:10

We have a DJ booked for our wedding next year. At the meeting he was saying its obviously entirely our choice but he likes to be a bit more involved that your usual DJ in order to get your guests more...

Kwal, tuesday 1-Oct-13 17
Pinkboo
Wedding Guest Quiz Ideas?
Pinkboo, 27 of September of 2013 at 13:56

Hey! Need some advice on a little quiz I want to do for my Wedding. I'm wanting to put picture frames on each table with a "getting to know you" quiz on about the other guests on the table. I'm hoping...

MrsOh, monday 7-Oct-13 11
H
What does everyone think to mood lighting?
Helybel, 25 of September of 2013 at 20:34

Ok, opinions please. Wedding planning is giving me a headache the past few days. I can't make simple decisions anymore! Our DJ company is offering LED uplighters if we want them. They could be on...

Wedding Photography, saturday 26-Apr-14 14
noseli24
No religious references in music - help!
noseli24, 23 of September of 2013 at 15:07

Hi all, We've been trying to decide on music for our civil ceremony, and found lots of nice Vitamin String Quartet ones that we want, including some with titles relating to religion. I was just...

noseli24, monday 23-Sep-13 5
H
First dance dilemma??
HappyPinkCars45, 23 of September of 2013 at 00:30

Hi everyone! i would like some opinions please.. we kinda have 2 choices for our first dance. No doubt- underneath it all or Queen- you're my best friend. so the dilemma.. Underneath it all has the...

*MM3*, monday 23-Sep-13 3
charliejack
No buffet at reception?
charliejack, 21 of September of 2013 at 10:11

Hi we are getting married 17th oct 2014 and have just starting planning everything. We are booked in for a 3.30 wedding at the register office then at a hotel for a 3 course sit down meal for family...

charliejack, monday 23-Sep-13 32
G
Non cheesy wedding DJ in Yorkshire
Gezzabelbride, 19 of September of 2013 at 18:15

Hi everyone, I am looking for a DJ for our wedding in April however we don't want the traditional wedding DJ because we both have very similar taste in music and would like to reflect that at the...

Wedding DJ, saturday 21-Sep-13 3
L
To invite the vicar...
llkit, 19 of September of 2013 at 19:55

Hi, just booked our CofE wedding date, and we were wondering, do you invite the Vicar to the post wedding bash or not? She's lovely and is really helping with the planning, but i am unsure of the...

ShropshireLass, friday 20-Sep-13 9

General groups

Hitched article topics