Knees

United Kingdom · From June 2010

Happily married 🎉

4 of August of 2012

4255days 10hours
AuntieBJ
Dinner party food
AuntieBJ, 10 of March of 2015 at 16:10

We're having a few more dinner parties this year than we have done previously and, while I'm enjoying the social aspect, I'm beginning to get a little lost on what to serve! I've done most of our old...

InkedDoll, monday 23-Mar-15 43
Ddpunk
Cashback sites
Ddpunk, 16 of February of 2015 at 13:58

Why have i never used these cashback sites before now? we're moving house next month so are making some pretty big purchases (furniture, bed, sofa etc). Signed up to Topcashback a few weeks ago on a...

Erin8, tuesday 17-Feb-15 10
K
Working mums **Poss BT**
KyleighB, 13 of February of 2015 at 08:33

So I just bumped into an old school friend in Tescos and we stood having a catch up for about 5 minutes. We went over the usual, love life, kids, work stuff and I told her that yes I had a son and yes...

Erin8, monday 16-Feb-15 21
WickyWack
Holiday leave entitlement based on grade - HR question.
WickyWack, 30 of January of 2015 at 14:17

I've never really thought about this before now but a colleague is moving from a 'research and teaching' post to a 'administrative and professional management' post and asked me whether her annual...

Helenia, friday 30-Jan-15 7
*Mini*
Things that annoy me
*Mini*, 16 of January of 2015 at 20:18

People that drive wearing coats. people that eat cereal at any time other than for breakfast. People that clap along to music on a TV show.

MrsShep, wednesday 18-Feb-15 259 1
C
Hen weekend nightmare!
CrackedEgg88, 13 of January of 2015 at 21:47

Long story short - the bride wants a hen do (5 days) abroad with close friends but is also having a hen night with all other friends in Manchester....we have been asked by the chief bridesmaid (who...

Soybean, thursday 15-Jan-15 21
miss_winter14
vegetarian dish to compliment gammon??
miss_winter14, 18 of December of 2014 at 11:47

Hello all- my first OT post! eeee ^_^ my mother in law passed away on my birthday at the end of september. this is our first married christmas AND our first christmas without her, so we're trying to...

celticcurl, friday 19-Dec-14 6
WickyWack
Gift for grandparents
WickyWack, 10 of December of 2014 at 09:58

Budget it £10-12. I thought about doing a small hamper but my mum beat me to it! Any ideas? They didn't want anything but I wanted to get them something small but I am completely stumped! My other...

Purplecake, thursday 11-Dec-14 7
pink & glitz
Christmas + husband
pink & glitz, 7 of December of 2014 at 19:33

What are you buying for your husband for his Christmas??? Men are so hard to but for!!! Xx

maxinegallie, wednesday 10-Dec-14 26
daisymoo86
Career advice please.... Resi conveyancing
daisymoo86, 9 of December of 2014 at 12:25

Hi All I am hoping you may be able to help with some career advice, or maybe even that by writing things down I may come to my own conclusion. I work in a law firm as a legal assistant in the...

Knees, tuesday 9-Dec-14 6
SillyWrong
My Mrs has big bazookers .... (clothes question)
SillyWrong, 9 of December of 2014 at 13:49

I mean proper big ones, like she's been campaigning for ages to get referred for a reduction .... I was on the verge of buying her this for her birthday this morning and then suddenly though of Sarah...

cymruangel, wednesday 10-Dec-14 10
hellandglory
Save the dates...
hellandglory, 16 of November of 2014 at 17:36

How far in advance do you think save the dates should be sent? We're having our wedding mid-week so people will have to organize a day off work if they are coming... Just don't know when to send out...

hellandglory, thursday 20-Nov-14 7
Ali_G
Christmas Party Games...
Ali_G, 14 of November of 2014 at 13:41

..I can't remember whether I've posted this before. I feel like I have, but I think I dreamt it. Anyway, I'm organising the office Xmas lunch and a few people have asked whether there'll be any games....

Knees, tuesday 18-Nov-14 7
AuntieBJ
What makes you feel old?
AuntieBJ, 17 of November of 2014 at 13:52

This morning I had my eye test. I just ordered my first pair of varifocals and I feel like I turned the corner into serious middle age.

Chucklevision, friday 21-Nov-14 69
M
What wines should we get and how much?
MellieMoo, 7 of November of 2014 at 22:31

Going to do a booze cruise for our free bar. thinking 60 bottles of red and 60 white for 120 guests. We'll also have 4 kegs of beer/ ale/ cider so just need to sort the wine side. We'll have a bottle...

Scottish_Sarah, friday 14-Nov-14 11
Erin8
Best excuses for not going into work
Erin8, 8 of November of 2014 at 21:55

At work we are having issue with people either not showing up or giving ridiculous excuses. What are the best excuses you have heard for people not coming to work? My favourite is when my best friend...

CrazyRatLady, wednesday 12-Nov-14 30
J
Evening invite and ceremony
jesikab4u, 7 of November of 2014 at 11:05

I'm sure this has probably been asked before. Think is a bit of a debate for people. we are getting married in a very large church but a pretty small venue that can only fit around 60guests. As a...

elvira-darkside, wednesday 31-Dec-14 17
smilesjp
Experience VS Degree
smilesjp, 6 of November of 2014 at 15:22

Which do you think is more valuable? I know that having a degree is necessary in certain fields, but was curious as to whether employers value either experience or a degree in this day and age.

smilesjp, tuesday 11-Nov-14 11
Pompey
Weekly Good / Bad thread
Pompey, 7 of November of 2014 at 11:45

Hello all - Lots of vibes and hugs to anyone who needs them. Good - It's Friday Bad - I have a hideous cold and feel poo Good - Fireworks party at Mum's tomorrow for Nephew's bday. Hotdogs, soup and...

pink & glitz, friday 7-Nov-14 13
Knees
Blow dry/makeup/nails in Central London
Knees, 6 of November of 2014 at 16:15

I'm going on a one night trip to London mid December with my singing group. We arrive early afternoon and have a meal booked in the evening. Most people will be going straight out to the pub and given...

*Funky*, monday 10-Nov-14 3
amihohu
Offering on a house confusion!
amihohu, 6 of November of 2014 at 15:35

Calling all experienced house buyers! How did the offering process work for you? I've heard so many mixed stories, some people saying they offered 10-15% less than asking price, and in some cases got...

Erin8, friday 7-Nov-14 6
MrsDJG
I never thought I'd be saying this - please give us your money!!!!
MrsDJG, 5 of November of 2014 at 08:01

Ok, so the title of this post probably caught your attention ? What I am actually talking about is gift list/money poems. I had decided we wouldn't provide either, however our friends & family...

InWineTheresTruth, wednesday 5-Nov-14 20
H
Invite etiquette/ venue info about lack of cash machines
HappyGoldCakes177, 29 of October of 2014 at 18:32

Hello, I'm trying to work out my invites and I'm nearly there, we have a very informal wedding and I'm making informal style invites but I've got one bit I'm stuck on. We are having a wedding website...

Knees, friday 31-Oct-14 7
WickyWack
Sensationail offer at boots..
WickyWack, 31 of October of 2014 at 10:12

Deluxe starter kit worth £110 now down to £50 on their website..

*J9*, friday 31-Oct-14 2
M
People who wont say if they are coming MOAN!
MissJag, 30 of October of 2014 at 16:57

I have moaned about this before but I am going to do it again. We get married one week today (I am so excited!) On our invites, sent out in July, we asked people to respond by 30th Sept. I spent the...

InkedDoll, friday 31-Oct-14 12
Shelly70
DUMB QUESTION RE. TABLE PLAN & NAME PLACES
Shelly70, 31 of October of 2014 at 08:27

Hi All Really sorry if this is a dumb question but when you are doing your table plan and name place cards what do you call yourself? Will you be putting Bride and Groom on the table plan and name...

NorthSouthGirl, friday 31-Oct-14 7
A
What have you chosen for your wedding breakfast?
Aquiescence*, 29 of October of 2014 at 10:26

Hello, Just out of interest really..... We had the initial idea of antipasti sharing platters for a starter (cold meats, cheese, olives etc) and a sharing roast meat joint on the table for guests to...

MissJag, wednesday 29-Oct-14 18
yorkshirekiwi
Engagement gifts for boys
yorkshirekiwi, 28 of October of 2014 at 23:43

My brother and his girlfriend got engaged a month ago, and although they haven't set a date yet, his fiancee is straight into the swing of wedding planning. I want to send them a joint Christmas...

MrsShep, wednesday 29-Oct-14 1
pink & glitz
what party food do you like?
pink & glitz, 28 of October of 2014 at 21:51

I am having a party in the house in a couple of weeks and I am making a buffet! It's on a Friday night so I am making a feast as it will be tea for everyone. What foods do you like to eat? I need...

Forever Wedding Danc, thursday 30-Oct-14 18
Panjita
Babyliss Curlers
Panjita, 22 of October of 2014 at 16:27

Does anyone know the difference between these?

Mispinkprincess, wednesday 29-Oct-14 25
Holey
FAO Knees
Holey, 24 of October of 2014 at 14:20

Hiya, Just seen on the good/bad thread that you are expecting again! Just wanted to say congratulations! When are you due?

Chucklevision, saturday 25-Oct-14 7

General groups

Hitched article topics