enelya

United Kingdom · From July 2010

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

11 of September of 2010

4984days 13hours

Discussions

Mrs_T2B
H2B's Family/Contributions (Rant Alert!!!)
Mrs_T2B, 31 of October of 2010 at 17:08

Before H2B and I got engaged, his parents (particularly his father, well step-father) was always asking when we were getting married, and saying how exciting it would be and how he would do this and...

Mrs_T2B, sunday 31-Oct-10 3
Little Madam
Entrance music - not sure if I can do the song my moms asked for?
Little Madam, 8 of October of 2010 at 11:08

We were discussing our Church entrance music and my mom has asked me if i'd consider having "You raise me up" on the organ to come in as a tribute to my nan and Ave Maria as I go out as a tribute to...

BumbleBrat, friday 8-Oct-10 4
M
negative photographer
mrs2bsoon, 5 of October of 2010 at 11:37

Hello I'm getting married in Nov and a photographer told me we would not get nice pictures outside due to light! Is anyone else having a winter wedding and worried? I wasn't before but can't a good...

Wedding Photographer, thursday 14-Oct-10 25
Arquard
Help with blue stuff!
Arquard, 5 of October of 2010 at 12:31

So, following yesterday's discussion about suits and h2b's newfound love of a blue tie I'm having to overhaul our entire colour scheme. I'm ok with this; we hadn't bought anything in the green anyway...

Cheeky_pie, tuesday 5-Oct-10 11
Spangler
Did you sell your wedding dress? If so, please help!
Spangler, 4 of October of 2010 at 20:20

Hello fellow old marrieds! I am looking at selling my wedding dress *sob* and was wondering percentage wise how much I should expect to recoup? The dress is a bespoke Ian Stuart, is in a box and has...

daftgiraffe, tuesday 5-Oct-10 12
Mrs_T2B
Inviting work colleagues...
Mrs_T2B, 31 of August of 2010 at 11:03

Ladies, I need your help! Have you invited work colleagues to your evening doo? I'm in a bit of a dilemma about it! There's a girl I work with who I quite frankly do not like for various reasons, a...

debmci, tuesday 31-Aug-10 14
Arquard
Not inviting other halves you don't personally know - etiquette question
Arquard, 31 of August of 2010 at 10:33

A fair few of our friends have boyfriends or girlfriends neither me or h2b have met before. Seeing as we're on a budget and trying to keep numbers down, we're facing the choice of either having...

Angelgirlie, tuesday 31-Aug-10 17
froggy29400
WWYD, worried to upset the friend who made my tiara...
froggy29400, 26 of August of 2010 at 16:57

A friend of a friend made my comb tiara, she's a friend on FB, we see every now and then, but she's not coming to the wedding. I collected my comb last week (it's gorgeous!) but it doesn't really go...

Lynseys Designs, friday 27-Aug-10 3
teeheeyoucrazyguys!
****Mariemarie's Goodluck thread.28/8*****
teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 11 of August of 2010 at 13:58

Ha! gotcha!! Times moving on so thought, as a fellow Scot (and once a Dunfermi-lite myself) I would start by wishing you and your beloved a wonderful wedding day!!! hope the scottish drizzle buugers...

Gillsy, saturday 28-Aug-10 55
TheNinjaPigeon
Wedding Doldrums.....
TheNinjaPigeon, 27 of August of 2010 at 09:33

Humph - I have 5 months to go and I seem to have done most of the stuff I need to until we get into the fine details. What are you meant to do in the lull? Don't want to lose my wedding mojo but I...

TheNinjaPigeon, friday 27-Aug-10 6
The Sock Chicken
**My Wedding Report - 7th August 2010** Loads of PICS included
The Sock Chicken, 26 of August of 2010 at 22:10

Ok, so I think I have kept you all waiting long enough for this. I will try and keep it short and straight to the point. Here goes: Wednesday 4th August This was my last day at work, except I don’t...

The Sock Chicken, tuesday 14-Sep-10 54
mrsjbw2b
photo books _vista or snap fish
mrsjbw2b, 26 of August of 2010 at 19:12

Looking at doing a photo book, who do you use ? and what made you choose them ?

VikingPrincess, sunday 29-Aug-10 8
froggy29400
I've booked first dance lessons!
froggy29400, 26 of August of 2010 at 16:35

I'm really excited, I've booked first dance lessons, just a trial to start with (1 hour) but with the aim to upgrade to a longer package if we like it. It would be nice to have a few good moves and...

Blackkat, thursday 26-Aug-10 8
Lynseys Designs
So quiet in here
Lynseys Designs, 26 of August of 2010 at 12:42

It is just me or has the forum went so quiet recently? I haven't even been on much because the pages never really change. Where is everyone...come back!

Princess Norty, thursday 26-Aug-10 15
judeclarke
Fishing for an invitation
judeclarke, 26 of August of 2010 at 13:37

Why is it that when I tell someone I'm getting married they immediately start fishing for an invitation? I've had a dozen offers of help where I don't need help in the hope that I'll ask them to come,...

tietheknot, thursday 26-Aug-10 11
Chez2k
What song are you walking out of the church/ceremony to?
Chez2k, 22 of August of 2010 at 12:07

I'm just having another think about the song to walk out of the ceremony too? What are you all having? We were going to have the wedding march by Mendelssohn but H2B is not keen. I am walking into...

darkivy, monday 23-Aug-10 21
Arquard
1950s 'Good Wives Guide' - is this genuine?
Arquard, 22 of August of 2010 at 14:22

We found an absolutely GENIUS piece of supposedly 1950s writing about how to be a good wife, and H2B is itching to use it on our wedsite but he wants to make sure it's genuine first. Has anyone read...

Shnarfy1, sunday 22-Aug-10 17
Storky
Hen Party - yay and grrrrr!
Storky, 13 of August of 2010 at 11:19

So, it's still aaaaggggeeessss until my wedding but my sister is very keen to get the wheels of my hen party in motion. She'd organising alongside my other sister and my friend, both of whom are also...

Storky, friday 13-Aug-10 8
Vikster79
Has anyone completely changed their colour scheme?
Vikster79, 12 of August of 2010 at 15:51

I keep having wobbles about our colour scheme as i cant seem to match the colours together. I know i will stick at it and the more i buy the less likley i am to change it haa haa but i just wondered...

Hannah @ HGM Group, friday 13-Aug-10 16
A
rubber stamps for making invites??
amythest76, 11 of August of 2010 at 12:30

I am looking for rubber stamps with our initials on, in calligraphy type writing to make my invites -they seem to be non exsistent!! any idead where i can get these? only ones i can find are packs of...

Arquard, thursday 12-Aug-10 4
Vikster79
Real -V- Fake
Vikster79, 12 of August of 2010 at 10:49

Is it just me or does anyone else really not like fake flowers? I dont know if it is a "parent" thing, but my Nan used to have a zillion fake flower arrangements at home and my mom always commented...

lovelygirl, thursday 12-Aug-10 49
E
Two weeks of much less htiched!
enelya, 12 of August of 2010 at 11:44

Hello ladies, just as I'm starting to get to know you all, its time for me to have 2 weeks of much reduced hitched time! On Mon I start 2 weeks of jury service, then it is only two weeks til the big...

Storky, thursday 12-Aug-10 2 400
Jay-Low
Four Wedding US and Chair Covers
Jay-Low, 12 of August of 2010 at 01:17

Just been catching up on Four Weddings US (I'm not an insomniac I'm just nocturnal because I work nights!!). One of the brides had white chair covers with organza bows tied around them to match her...

mrsgreatbatch2b, thursday 12-Aug-10 30
MrsS29
Quick Question?
MrsS29, 12 of August of 2010 at 09:53

Do i give STD's to everyone coming or just day guests? TIA xx

enelya, thursday 12-Aug-10 8
lamby
Did you know...Catholic wedding related
lamby, 11 of August of 2010 at 20:10

That 'I now pronounce you ...you may kiss the bride' is NOT part of the Catholic marriage service?? Okay, me and OH can't help it if we were brought up on a diet of cheesy Hollywood films but we've...

enelya, thursday 12-Aug-10 8
S
Table Plan Question
sherbert, 11 of August of 2010 at 17:14

Hello, All the stupid questions seem to be popping up now I'm getting closer. I'm having a top table and 5 round tables. Does my table plan have to round or can I still have the list of names kind, if...

sherbert, thursday 12-Aug-10 10
smyvicki
Hen Night - Am I over reacting???
smyvicki, 12 of August of 2010 at 09:49

I went on my hen weekend 2 weeks ago now all organised by myself seen as my chief bridesmaid lives abroad and my cousin who is the other bridesmaid couldnt afford to com (thats another story!)...

Shnarfy1, saturday 14-Aug-10 19
C
Confused about marriage certificate thingy....
car822499, 9 of August of 2010 at 23:21

I'm really confused about this one.... We're getting married in a church and I thought that our chaplain would sort out the marriage certificate but I had a conversation a while back with a work...

car822499, thursday 12-Aug-10 9
thefuturemrsclarke
why is it i that..
thefuturemrsclarke, 7 of August of 2010 at 11:52

As soon as your married people expect you to start having babies. i know its the next step but iv only been married 3 weeks and iv had at least 5 people ask me if theres going to be a baby soon or if...

Snuggle-bum, saturday 7-Aug-10 11
C
Advice on invites please
car822499, 5 of August of 2010 at 13:28

I suddenly realised I have no idea when invites are supposed to be sent out. We're getting married on 18th December this year and it's closer than I thought (I keep thinking it's like a year away!!)....

car822499, thursday 5-Aug-10 5
J
Looking for a wedding venue where we can do most of it ourselves
Jaynec36, 5 of August of 2010 at 11:25

Hi I'm new to this site and I'm hoping someone on here can help me. After being engaged for 4 years, my fiance and I have just been told we're getting a bit of money in a couple of months so we've...

Arquard, thursday 5-Aug-10 6
B
Name changing....
brideseekingblush, 3 of August of 2010 at 14:04

Well, all along I have said that I would keep my maiden name for work. I work in lobbying where it's quite important for people to know who you are...But this is my first day back and it just FEELS SO...

Mrs S*, tuesday 3-Aug-10 10

General groups

Hitched article topics