Skip to main content
Elderberry Brides
Elderberry Brides

United Kingdom · From December 2009

Discussions

B
Wedding dress shopping - When to buy??
BlossomKatie1993, 7 of May of 2017 at 20:52

Hi All I'm planning to go wedding dress browsing at the end of June, and my wedding is not until May next year. Everyone is telling me to start looking for dresses now but I've been putting it off,...

JulyBridetobeMrsS, sunday 21-May-17 7
N
I have been scammed! 30 days until the wedding and no dress
Nicola_25, 3 of September of 2014 at 15:46

I bought my dress from an outlet store a few months back, it was £500 I had a random message on facebook from someone telling me to be careful from buying with them due to a dispute she was having...

LittleMissPanda, tuesday 9-Sep-14 39
F
Worried about dress shopping
Future*mrsP, 3 of September of 2014 at 12:01

I suppose I am after a little bit of reassurance. I am really excited to start dress shopping but I'm really worried about it too.... basically because of my size. At 5'10" tall I'm currently a size...

Tidal Wave, saturday 26-Sep-15 17
I-go-by-many-names
Anyone had/seen gold wedding dress?
I-go-by-many-names, 30 of June of 2014 at 18:27

The more I look at dresses the more I want a different colour other than the standard ivory/white. Problem is I'm not really sure where to start. I really like this:...

HeavyMetalMaiden, tuesday 1-Jul-14 15
Paul & Dawn
I didn't go to the dress shop...
Paul & Dawn, 24 of June of 2014 at 22:42

Hello I was planning on going dress shopping for the first time yesterday, I made an appointment but just couldn't face it and cancelled I feel completely overwhelmed. Am I supposed to book...

BridetobeMrsS, wednesday 25-Jun-14 2
lc93
Mori Lee dresses
lc93, 24 of June of 2014 at 13:04

Hi everyone, I've been having a hypothetical browse at wedding dresses and seen a few mori lee ones I like (both for me and BMs!) Does anyone know roughly how much they cost? I can only find prices on...

kharding2014, friday 27-Jun-14 11
S
Cancelled uk wedding and booked abroad!!
suzannelewington, 14 of June of 2014 at 23:23

Hi ladies!! I posted in here over the last few days that oh wanted to cancel uk wedding and go abroad... well today we have now done that! We spent 5 hours in the travel agents... yes 5hours!!! Gettin...

Elderberry Brides, sunday 15-Jun-14 10
T
FINDING THE PERFECT DRESS WITH RESTRICTED BUDGET
trucall, 3 of June of 2014 at 12:04

How do you shop around to find best price for a dress? I have a shortlist of dresses I'm after I've been to a couple of shops but they are way out of my price range and I have been unsuccessful at...

Lapland2015, wednesday 4-Jun-14 9
AmyandRoss
Thoughts on this dress?
AmyandRoss, 24 of April of 2014 at 13:10

I'm yet to try any dresses on (wedding is 11 months away so figure I have beyond plenty of time), so I'm just internet searching some shops to possibly visit. I love this dress, can anyone recommend...

Lemon Violet, tuesday 29-Apr-14 74
daffodilly
Dress shopping part one :-))))
daffodilly, 16 of April of 2014 at 09:14

Morning Im off on my first dress shopping experience tomorrow. ....two shops either side of girlie lunch ? I'm very excited but equally nervous. As im only 5ft. I've been advised to: avoid thongs ?,...

daffodilly, thursday 17-Apr-14 18
L
When did you start looking at dresses? When did you buy yours?
leffers5555, 6 of April of 2014 at 21:36

Good evening I was wondering when you started looking/trying on wedding dresses and how far in advance you purchased your dress? I'm getting married in Sept 2017 and although I have plenty of time to...

Elderberry Brides, tuesday 8-Apr-14 22
B
Budget wedding dress help
Bridezilla2B, 26 of March of 2014 at 19:10

Hi everyone, I'm joining the world of wedding planning madness I just wondered if anyone has brought their dress online? I am on a very tight budget. There are so many bargains especially on ebay but...

Abigail, saturday 27-Aug-22 26
S
Dress doubts
sarahrah81, 2 of March of 2014 at 10:31

Ok so I picked up dress a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE the top half and sleeves it's very pretty but the skirt is quite puffy and has quie a few layers which I'm now not too sure I'll feel...

leni-lw!, friday 7-Mar-14 13
H
Tea Length dress, can anyone help?
hannnnah, 17 of February of 2014 at 10:29

Hello, I'm having problems finding tea length wedding dresses. Does anyone know where i should be looking? These dresses are along the right lines: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/417145984206903166/...

*Mini*, sunday 2-Mar-14 13
daisymoo86
Bridesmaid dresses... help locating
daisymoo86, 12 of February of 2014 at 12:37

Hi All When I was trying dresses on at the weekend my bridesmaid tried dresses on too. She loved this one. Does anyone know who makes this dress so I can try sourcing it? Thanks for any help you...

bubblerawk, sunday 16-Nov-14 10
S
When can you start looking at dresses, and buying them....what if you lose or put on a few pounds...2015 Bride to be!
spain202, 12 of February of 2014 at 11:06

Hi All, It is so nice to see so many 2015 brides, I feel like this site puts me in my own little bride to be bubble, even though its 540 days to go. I am getting married Aug 2015. When should you...

Elderberry Brides, thursday 13-Feb-14 12
C
Cheap wedding dress
carlyb13, 23 of January of 2014 at 10:50

Hi, I am getting married in August and we are planning on doing the wedding for £3k! A tough task, but we have been lucky, a florist in the family, a butcher to do us a hog roast etc. I am really...

Elderberry Brides, thursday 23-Jan-14 5
jen-lou
Struggling to find a stockist
jen-lou, 31 of December of 2013 at 09:24

I know my wedding is way off (2016) but when I have been looking on line I have fell in love with a dress. https://uk.morilee.com/s/5170/ I don't mind finding and getting a dress this early on, but...

jen-lou, friday 3-Jan-14 9
LoveHimMegaMuch
Wedding dress bargain :)
LoveHimMegaMuch, 10 of November of 2013 at 00:19

Sorry....this is a bit of a smug post....but I still can't believe my luck!!! Got my dream dress at a total fraction of the cost! X Been engaged since July and literally spent every spare second...

S108HAN, wednesday 13-Nov-13 21
*Mrs M to be*
First wedding dress shopping trip coming up... Bit nervous!
*Mrs M to be*, 26 of August of 2013 at 16:43

Hi Girls! :o) I thought I'd come here for some practical advice/ reassurance/ personal experiences with regards to wedding dress shopping! You're usually good at that stuff! :o) So I've got my first...

missmandymoo, wednesday 28-Aug-13 6
PinkButterfly
Dress... (Again)
PinkButterfly, 8 of August of 2013 at 00:18

Does anyone recognise and know who this dress is by... Just seen it on Pinterest but the designer is not mentioned. yes I have a dress... But think II may have changed my mind!! :-(

havecreditwillwed, thursday 8-Aug-13 2
Soon2bMrsCB
First dress shop visit, loved these two *Flash*
Soon2bMrsCB, 4 of July of 2013 at 20:27

Went to my first bridal shop today and fell in love with these two, what dyu think? I'm having a church wedding followed by a reception at the Secret Garden in Ashford x

Hoddy, saturday 6-Jul-13 24
J
Wedding dress... Finding "the one"
joanna9dm, 4 of July of 2013 at 20:26

To all b2b's I am having a real heartache trying to find my dress. I have been to around 8 bridal boutiques and found some beautiful dresses each of which I could quite happily wear on my special day....

Elderberry Brides, friday 5-Jul-13 12
P
Too soon to start trying on dresses?
Princess Bride 2013, 3 of July of 2013 at 20:17

Our wedding date is 6th June 2015. Do you think it's too soon to be searching for my dress?

TheMrsMeFo, thursday 4-Jul-13 9
*MM3*
Wedding dress prices..
*MM3*, 29 of June of 2013 at 19:03

Just wondering what everyone on average spends on their wedding dress? I'm looking forward to going dress shopping for ideas, but a lot of people are saying to expect around the £1000 and some that's...

estilomodabridal, tuesday 2-Jul-13 49
Y
What to wear for dress shopping?
YellowDuckie, 28 of June of 2013 at 13:00

I'm going dress shopping for the first time tomorrow. Nervous more than excited at the moment....I've not lost the stone I said I would and am a couple of pounds over my BMI still which hasn't left me...

Elderberry Brides, sunday 30-Jun-13 10
H
Budget plus size dress in West yorkshire
halechap, 16 of June of 2013 at 19:47

Hello, This is my first post and unsure if i'm posting in the correct area ! I have seen a few older posts on plus size dresses and have a couple of bridal shops in mind however we are on a very tight...

overtherainbow, monday 24-Jun-13 18
L
Wedding Dress - The One??
Lemonflower, 20 of June of 2013 at 14:12

You've probaby seen this question on here loads of times but please forgive me i'm newish!! How do you know you've found "The One"??? Have you ever bought a dress and then a few weeks/months later...

Katty1234, sunday 23-Jun-13 14
E
yourbridalwear!
Elfb, 19 of May of 2013 at 17:21

Hi, Im getting married in june 2014 in greece & I have found the perfect wedding dress its an Ella bridal gown but its a bit out of my price range! im on a budget. Has anyone or do you know of...

LuxuriousRedBridesma, monday 12-May-14 23
BubblesKM
Is there such a thing as 'the one'??? Going dress shopping next month......
BubblesKM, 18 of April of 2013 at 22:35

Hi Guys OK, so I have found a dress online that I love, not found one I like more, obviously it could look hideous on but hopefully not. I have booked a Saturday in May to try on loads of different...

BubblesKM, thursday 23-May-13 26
S
When do you start looking at dresses
Soontobe_mrsG, 2 of April of 2013 at 15:14

Hello, I'm quite new here, and just in the early days of my wedding planning - but i am a big list maker and project planner, so my wedding plan is well underway! My question is, when did you start...

Embrace Bridal Bouti, thursday 16-May-13 16
ambermaba
Dress advice
ambermaba, 11 of May of 2013 at 17:46

Went with mum and sister for my first wedding dress shopping experience today. Was absolutely dreading it and thought I would be too big for anything and look horrible etc etc (very boring I know) We...

Ohwhatatuesday, monday 20-May-13 11

General groups

Hitched article topics