• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

13 of October of 2012

4237days 0hours : 17min

Discussions

miss pickle
Wedding Ring Help
miss pickle, 2 of August of 2013 at 10:10

Hello, I am hoping someone can please help me ;-) This is my engagement ring; it is antique Art Deco, circa 1930s and is made of 9K yellow gold and platinum. After much perusing of wedding rings, I’ve...

Lemon Violet, tuesday 6-Aug-13 11
raindrop_eye
Looking for some advice from you lovely Hitched togs…
raindrop_eye, 3 of July of 2013 at 22:20

Hi, I’m a long-term Hitched reader and occasional commenter. I have a photography question and you guys are my photography gurus! I’ve been asked to photograph a family member’s wedding next year....

raindrop_eye, wednesday 3-Jul-13 303
kharv
Camera people...
kharv, 3 of July of 2013 at 11:10

If I wanted to buy a non expensive bridge camera to start learning how to take better pictures etc, would this one be ok?...

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, thursday 4-Jul-13 61
pandorasbox
Mortgages and remortgages - anyone ever heard of this?
pandorasbox, 4 of January of 2013 at 20:50

OH just told me our mortgage lender called him earlier to tell us we are not able to take out a remortgage with them on the house we're buying if we continue to use our current solicitor, as he is...

pandorasbox, saturday 5-Jan-13 4
rubyfirecracker
Vistaprint booty *flash*
rubyfirecracker, 1 of December of 2012 at 23:18

Ooh look at all the luvverly fings I got for only £18! 20 day invites 20 evening invites 20 thankyou cards 25 STD magnets and a Here comes the Bride sign (will flash when I have mounted on 2 sticks!) ...

*Pugsley*, tuesday 4-Dec-12 23
L
Burlap? For table runners
ljtomlinson1, 15 of October of 2012 at 21:21

Hi has anyone got any burlap that could make a table runner or burlap table runners?!

By Nicki, wednesday 9-Jan-13 2
raindrop_eye
It's a bit chilly! What cardigan / shawl / coverup would go with my dress **FLASH**
raindrop_eye, 24 of September of 2012 at 11:29

Morning all! I get married in less than 3 weeks, and today's horrible weather has got me thinking about how to keep me and my bridesmaids warm. This is a pic of me in the sample of my dress (it's a...

raindrop_eye, friday 28-Sep-12 11
*gnashers*
Opinions on Save The Dates please?
*gnashers*, 18 of September of 2012 at 17:33

Ok so we have four (similar!) options for our Save The Dates. We need to photoshop in the numbers for the date (as scrabble doesn't DO numbers). We'll print them on postcard size magnetic paper....

Pompey, wednesday 19-Sep-12 35
Pook82
Quick flash of my wedding
Pook82, 11 of September of 2012 at 17:09

Waiting for the professional photos before I do my report but here's a sneaky peek!

raindrop_eye, tuesday 11-Sep-12 1
Kathryn_Tom
Wedding Rings... Patterned/Plain & buying online?
Kathryn_Tom, 7 of September of 2012 at 20:52

Hi, After discussing wedding rings with my Mum, she recommended that I get a patterned wedding band as then if it gets scratched you won't see it as much as you would on a plain band. I see where...

MetalBride, sunday 11-Jun-17 5
J
Grooms surprise present ideas please...
Jadeplus2, 31 of August of 2012 at 18:13

Hello So my h2b is staying in a hotel the night before the wedding and I wanted to surprise him with something on the morning of the wedding by getting the hotel staff to take him a present or do...

Lofty86, thursday 6-Sep-12 24
raindrop_eye
Looking for somewhere to store the wedding rings?
raindrop_eye, 1 of September of 2012 at 18:46

I found a plain, wooden, hinged box at Hobbycraft today for £1.99, which will really go with our rustic theme. Alternatively you could easily decorate it to fit in with any theme. They also had round,...

raindrop_eye, saturday 1-Sep-12 495
jen_84
Back as an OM with a cheeky flash!
jen_84, 30 of August of 2012 at 10:30

We haven't had the professional pictures as yet, but I thought I would flash my favourite picture taken by a guest, my cousin. Once we have all the pictures back I will do a full report with more...

raindrop_eye, friday 31-Aug-12 23
B
are tiaras outdated
bride2be 21, 26 of August of 2012 at 17:29

I was looking through a wedding magazine and the was a discussion about wether is is old fashioned to wear them just though i would ask your opinion

MummyMoo82, saturday 1-Sep-12 13
HLT
I am back and married and ready to FLASH!
HLT, 28 of August of 2012 at 20:40

Hello ladies Well, I'm back, a married woman! The wedding, as everyone says, truly was one of the best days of our lives. There were a few issues along the way, which I'll mention in my report at a...

Selenalee69, monday 3-Sep-12 33
raindrop_eye
Home-made invites *Flash* - thanks to MrsG2B28.7.12 and Kharv
raindrop_eye, 7 of August of 2012 at 19:27

Thought I'd share some photos of our home-made invites. I liked the idea of having inserts, but making traditional pocketfold seemed too complicated, so one of my very creative friends suggested using...

raindrop_eye, friday 10-Aug-12 14
charlottelucy
8 days to go, favours ticked off the list *flash*
charlottelucy, 10 of August of 2012 at 08:57

8 days to go, OH spent last night putting together 70 favours, everything seems to take twice as long as you think it will. Anyway heres how they look: List to do this weekend: Kids boxes, put...

charlottelucy, friday 10-Aug-12 8
K
My wedding flash *pic heavy*
kittypuss85, 9 of August of 2012 at 00:02

The morning .....

Kjay, thursday 9-Aug-12 22
gee_gee
Pocketfold invitations...help please!!
gee_gee, 6 of August of 2012 at 21:19

We (read I!) am really keen to make our own invitations. OH and I are both agreed that we would like pocketfold invitations, and I've ordered some card to make a mock-up. We've gone for bookfold so...

raindrop_eye, tuesday 7-Aug-12 8
Emmer80
Invitations *flash*
Emmer80, 2 of August of 2012 at 17:29

Hi, after the great advice I received from fabulous hitchers on which card to use, my invitations are finally finished and I've started to give them out The people who have received them are really...

Flowmojo, friday 3-Aug-12 8
B
If you don't mind me asking............
Blondie28, 1 of August of 2012 at 07:11

How much are you all paying for your photographers and what exactly is that getting you? Currently looking at a few options but if anyone has any recommendations in the Lancashire area then please let...

Gurzle, wednesday 1-Aug-12 25
Sparkles82
Did you make your own invites?
Sparkles82, 19 of July of 2012 at 21:39

For those who did, please can you suggest the best place online to buy the stuff required? I am doing wallet style invites, I have found a shop on Ebay that sells everything I will need, but it'll...

raindrop_eye, friday 20-Jul-12 7
mickeyandminnie
Deflated and wobbling...
mickeyandminnie, 19 of July of 2012 at 15:54

tracy P, monday 23-Jul-12 40
katiechops
Non Traditional Wedding shoes ...... what have you gone for?
katiechops, 6 of July of 2012 at 20:09

Hi ladies, Ive not got my dress yet but i do know I want non traditional wedding shoes, maybe red or polkadot. Has anyone got any inspiration for me? xx

Barefoot, wednesday 11-Jul-12 41
saspip
***Saspip's Wedding Report - 26th May***
saspip, 9 of July of 2012 at 18:05

I've finally found some time to sit down and write this, fingers crossed it makes sense and I can get my photos inserted in the right order...! In the beginning H and I met in my first week at...

saspip, wednesday 11-Jul-12 34
E
EEKK! Dress no2 purchased. No more dress wobbles :) :) :) Opinions welcome!
Emotionalwreck2013, 2 of July of 2012 at 08:49

Good morning everyone! Just wanted to share my latest news with you all. I was having some serious dress wobbles and started to feel really deflated about my original wedding dress. I just couldnt...

Emotionalwreck2013, thursday 5-Jul-12 27
J
Making wedding invitations - advice needed!
Jinglebride, 28 of June of 2012 at 21:46

I'm making our own wedding invitations and have designed them but it will require lots of bits of card to be cut out in various shapes. Each invitation will have about 7 shapes cut out and stuck on......

Jinglebride, monday 2-Jul-12 10
Autumnroseee
FLASH ME YOUR WEDDING CAKES!
Autumnroseee, 21 of May of 2012 at 11:33

Hey guys, I'm looking for ideas for wedding cakes? there's a few I've been like "oh that nice!" but no "I love it I have to have it!" So what cakes are you guys having/ planning to have? plus what...

RedKitchie, tuesday 4-Sep-12 85
amihohu
Organising a wedding 130 miles away, argh!
amihohu, 27 of June of 2012 at 10:38

Morning everyone! Is there anyone here who has arranged/is arranging a wedding far from where they live? Myself an H2B currently live in the midlands, but we are hoping to get married down south, in...

Shazia S, thursday 28-Jun-12 33
V
How do I design my own invites?
Vintage84, 21 of June of 2012 at 16:01

Hi Ladies, I've seen some stunning invites on here and I think I've made a decision on how I want mine to look but I need to be able to do them on a budget. So, how can I design my own? I don't really...

missmandymoo, saturday 23-Jun-12 26

General groups

Hitched article topics