Skip to main content
jimjams
jimjams

United Kingdom · From June 2012

Happily married 🎉

11 of May of 2013

4025days 21hours
jimjams
Justin Alexander Bridal Gown, size 12 - Ivory Lace Fishtail - for Sale!
jimjams, 20 of January of 2022 at 11:26

Beautiful Justin Alexander Bridal gown for sale. Ivory lace fishtail, with satin waist detail. Worn once on our wonderful wedding day, selling due to house move and de-clutter. Hoping to pass on the...

Michelle, saturday 22-Jan-22 1 193 1
ashmegdj
Help - songs for DVD
ashmegdj, 17 of July of 2009 at 08:10

I won't be around today but I need some inspiration for the songs to go on our DVD. I need 4 in total. A slow lovey dovey one for the beginning, then a slightly more upbeat one. Then another slushy...

jimjams, sunday 26-May-13 19
jimjams
Veils... Can you flash/describe yours please or just make suggestions, I'm struggling - 27 days to go!!
jimjams, 14 of April of 2013 at 09:37

Hi All, I am having a real problem shopping for veils - all the shops I've been in have a very limited selecting and on-line the pictures seem to be far more of the model than the veil itself... I...

Wedding Photography, wednesday 24-Apr-13 15
jimjams
Extra Long Wedding Sparklers in the UK... Has anyone found them??
jimjams, 14 of April of 2013 at 09:45

Morning lovely UK Hitchers, I love the wedding sparklers that seem to be very popular in the US at the moment, and really have my heart set on staging some pictures in the evening using them, but I...

hayleybru84, monday 29-Apr-13 16
Chidders
Mass dress flash
Chidders, 14 of March of 2012 at 17:06

Please. We haven't had one of these for ages, pile in and flash us your dress. Model Me

Buy, thursday 26-Oct-23 965 2
N
share your hen do plans please
nattielo, 14 of April of 2013 at 14:38

Hi im a 2nd time around bride but I didn't have a hen party 1st time, I would love to hear what you all have planned. I am leaning towards a weekend at Alton towers so far. xx

Sparkly Momma, wednesday 17-Apr-13 28
K
Toiletry baskets for the bathrooms...
kitcat10210, 14 of April of 2013 at 19:52

I cant find the post that I saw a while ago where everyone said what they were having in their baskets in the ladies toilets ☹️ If you lovely ladies wouldnt mind, could you let me know what you are...

Guy Wade, monday 15-Apr-13 16
jimjams
Where is the cheapest place to buy matchbooks??
jimjams, 14 of April of 2013 at 16:43

Hi ladies, I need around 100 for a big sparkler photo I'm planning, but they seem to be a bit of a rip off on many of the favours sites, and as they're not for keepsakes I would rather pay as little...

Vix7913, monday 15-Apr-13 546
LilMissBusyBride
Positive post - calling all Hitchers!
LilMissBusyBride, 2 of April of 2013 at 11:46

Okay, I have not read some of the infamous posts mentioned here today, but feel we need some positive vibes on here! Questions that you may wish to answer to add to the positivity! - What has been the...

Elixia, tuesday 2-Apr-13 22
S
Advice please (before I start whacking annoying guests round the chops) ;-O
SpottieDottie, 2 of April of 2013 at 17:21

Having a proper 'grrrrrrrrr!' day - we've been chasing our last RSVPs and have had someone from OH's family (who I don't even like, she's a mahoosive chav) tell us she hasn't RSVP'd as she's a 'fussy...

SpottieDottie, friday 5-Apr-13 18
jimjams
Welcome drink and toast... Does it need to be Champagne or will Sparkling Wine Do?
jimjams, 26 of January of 2013 at 14:02

Just a quick one ladies, What arrival/toast drink are you all having, Champagne or Sparking wine and what type of each...? What I know on the subject really isn't worth mentioning, but I don't want to...

snow-woman, sunday 27-Jan-13 21 2,286
jimjams
Alcohol for Reception - Where is the best place to go for bubbly in bulk??
jimjams, 26 of January of 2013 at 13:34

I need help buying bubbly on a budget ladies!! I need about 40 bottles of bubbly for our 90 guests and depending on the price, I'll also be looking for 20 bottles of wine for the tables. We rarely...

Foote2c, sunday 27-Jan-13 9 973
P
Wanted-tiara,table decorations,earrings,post box
Pimento, 15 of October of 2012 at 12:08

Does anyone have any of these items over from your day,Tiara,table decs,post box,earrings,favor boxes. Congrats to all newly weds ,hope my day goes as well as I am sure your did.

jimjams, wednesday 7-Nov-12 9
I
wedding dress a size too small - realistic goal?
itsrebecca, 15 of August of 2012 at 10:36

Hey all... I just wanted to get a feel for peoples opinion on my wedding dress plan... I bought my dress a few months ago online, in the size that I am (well, was, i have lost a few pounds since...

jimjams, tuesday 6-Nov-12 3
Kentish Gal
6-8 weeks..... - any tips?!
Kentish Gal, 16 of October of 2012 at 17:57

Hello ladies... HEEELLLLPP!!!!!! Being loved-up has done nothing for my diet or my exercise habits. We used to exercise together a lot but the weather is pants and it's all gone to pot. I need to lose...

jimjams, tuesday 6-Nov-12 2
jimjams
If you have items for sale, please read... I need LOTS!!
jimjams, 6 of November of 2012 at 21:25

Hi all B2B and OM's, Being on a tight budget, I thought I'd give this a try... Basically, I'm based in Cambridgeshire and can get anywhere within a reasonable (say 100 mile) radius to collect items. I...

NotJustForHIre, thursday 21-Feb-13 12 2,130
jimjams
WANTED... Ceramic Cake Stands - Single Tier and Afternoon Tea Style
jimjams, 6 of November of 2012 at 21:05

Having tried with no success to find companies who hire these items, I thought I'd turn to the Hitched "wanted" board instead. I'm looking for simple, ivory/white/cream ceramic cake stands. I want...

jimjams, tuesday 6-Nov-12 242
karenluke22
Wedding dress - Back Fat!!
karenluke22, 2 of November of 2012 at 17:13

So I went to have my measurements taken today for my dress. I'm just over a size 14 so they are ordering it in that size. The sample dress is a size 14 so tried that on again today (I totally love my...

chloe_chloe, wednesday 7-Nov-12 13
jimjams
I want to hire 26 ceramic cake stands... But no-one seems to do them???
jimjams, 5 of November of 2012 at 16:32

Hi all, I am hoping you are the ladies (and gents) to help!!! I'm planning a vintage/picnic style wedding reception, and in line with a lot of the themes around in the magazines at the moment, a "tea...

jimjams, tuesday 6-Nov-12 16
jimjams
Chiavari Chair Hire
jimjams, 5 of November of 2012 at 13:42

I have my heart set on white Chiavari chairs for my Reception like the ones below, but I'm struggling to find hire companies either in my local area or prepared to deliver. Can anyone help?? My venue...

RomanticRedDiamonds2, thursday 31-Oct-19 8
S
Sainsburys free glass hire
staranise, 24 of October of 2012 at 22:22

Anybody use this service? seems too good to be true to me, nothing is ever totally free, is it? Sounds great through if it is! Anyone used sainsburys for glasses or plan to, I would love to hear your...

SummerLouiseLewis, friday 26-Oct-12 6
jimjams
Has anyone else made their own wedding stationary..?
jimjams, 25 of October of 2012 at 21:47

?... I'm planning to make as much of my stationary as I can to save money - any tips from anyone who has already done this or doing it? Flashes of handmade or bought stationary would also be great to...

LeedsBride, thursday 25-Oct-12 2 803
jimjams
Cake!!!
jimjams, 18 of October of 2012 at 22:08

Anyone willing to flash, or give ideas on cakes?? I'm especially interested in anything out of the ordinary... Anyone NOT having cake, or having cake that isn't "wedding" cake?? xxx

*RisqueM*, monday 22-Oct-12 24
jimjams
Is anyone having fairy lights?? If so, I need your help!
jimjams, 18 of October of 2012 at 21:08

Hi all, I am having real trouble finding suppliers of fairy lights and light curtains, and I wondered if any of you have already found anywhere to buy/hire fairy lights or light curtains in large...

Troy, tuesday 29-Dec-20 16
jimjams
Any savvy shoppers out there got tips for Engagement ring shopping??
jimjams, 7 of October of 2012 at 08:55

Hi ladies, The OH and I are on a tight budget, and tight timescale!! Next job on the list is to find an engagement ring for me, and I'm sure like all of you I have my heart set on my perfect ring......

Kentish Gal, saturday 27-Oct-12 29
C
Which would you choose?
cornishbride2bee, 18 of October of 2012 at 14:58

Fish & Chips or Hog Roast?? Our wedding is in March so not sure if its going to be warm enough for a poor man to cook a whole piggy outside!! But which would tempt you more? xx

Snowby, saturday 20-Oct-12 31

General groups

Hitched article topics