• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

14 of September of 2013

3896days 21hours

Discussions

M
Changing your name
morristobe, 24 of September of 2013 at 08:28

Hi all i got married just over a week ago and it was the most amazing day of my life and I'll certainly be doing a wedding report shortly. Could someone please send me the link for the very cleaver...

Vix7913, wednesday 25-Sep-13 4 929
M
Been let down by supplier and I get married on Saturday!!!
morristobe, 9 of September of 2013 at 10:45

I need help! i have booked a candy cart, post box and sparkly backdrop through a company called a little bit of bling based in the West Midlands. Over Facebook I've seen various posts where the woman...

overtherainbow, tuesday 10-Sep-13 8 1,884
MissKB
Hair and make up dilemma
MissKB, 30 of August of 2013 at 09:16

Morning lovely hitchers Our budget seems to be spiralling out of control, mainly because we have quite an expensive venue which has taken a huge chunk of it, and the fact our church fees are huge....

MissKB, friday 30-Aug-13 12
S
Wedding at Avoncroft - nearby hotels
slbarber, 27 of August of 2013 at 19:11

Hello! I am getting married in May at Avoncroft Museum... The bridal party and myself are staying at Chateau Impney, but am wondering what hotel(s) would be best to recommend to guests. Does anyone...

slbarber, friday 13-Sep-13 3
mandspice
I'm getting married in three days!
mandspice, 29 of August of 2013 at 12:58

I haven't posted here in ages (but have been lurking) so feel a bit rude coming in now to share my excitement! Have had lots of exciting and not so exciting ups and downs with wedding planning and...

Feb2014Bride, thursday 29-Aug-13 1
amihohu
Sweetie cart supplier disappeared, argh!
amihohu, 25 of August of 2013 at 22:56

So, I booked and paid for in full a sweetie cart for our wedding in 3 weeks (booked it in March). Over the past week the supplier has been getting some bad feedback on her FB page (she apparently...

morristobe, thursday 29-Aug-13 17
N
Wearing my ring but not married yet!
Nanoushka, 27 of August of 2013 at 16:03

Shock horror!! I am wearing my wedding ring (we both are) even though we don't get married until next month. We just wanted to wear them as we already call each other husband and wife and I couldn't...

Icklefee, tuesday 3-Sep-13 82
M
Really stuck for gift ideas
morristobe, 23 of August of 2013 at 14:10

All of our gifts have been sorted, other than for the best man and usher. And I have no clue what to get them! We have bought their suits, shoes and cufflinks and so I don't really want to spend much...

Childhood-Sweet<3, friday 23-Aug-13 442
M
I get married in 3 weeks !!!
morristobe, 23 of August of 2013 at 11:51

Yippeeee I cannot believe that after booking my wedding 11 months in advance the day is now quickly approaching. All major things are now done, just the last minute bits to do like filling the favour...

alyj66, friday 23-Aug-13 7
M
Childrens Activity Packs
morristobe, 9 of August of 2013 at 08:50

I'm creating little goody bags for the children at my wedding to try and keep them entertained during the wedding breakfast. I've included colouring books and crayons, little puzzle things, and...

Meshelled79, friday 9-Aug-13 2 525
W
Surnames - old or new?!
Wifeytobe88, 8 of August of 2013 at 17:10

Hi all! Question - who's taking their husbands name when they get married, and who's keeping their own? Anyone double-barrelling? My surname is Davies - so very boring / common. My h2b has a pretty...

Studying&Planning, tuesday 13-Aug-13 79
A
Help!! Hair Accessories
anna89, 8 of August of 2013 at 10:32

Help please! Wedding is next month, and I still can't find anything for my hair. I'm having it down with a wave to it (think bouncy blowdry), but really want a nice crystal/pearl piece to put in it,...

Natasha11, sunday 11-Aug-13 6
M
Old photos at the wedding
morristobe, 7 of August of 2013 at 13:33

Hi all I am having a birdcage theme for my wedding next month and I bought a birdcage memo board thing which I was originally going to use as my table plan. However, i've since changed my mind and the...

DaffodilWaves, wednesday 7-Aug-13 8 1,364
B
help.... get married in october
Bellyboo, 18 of July of 2013 at 13:30

Hello a few things i need idea for please. I am looking for silver bridesmaids dress for my girls and i cant find anything ages are 11 and 2 1/2?? ideas for presents for my bridesmaids and page boy,...

morristobe, thursday 18-Jul-13 1
N
To make or buy? That is the question...
neo_kat26, 17 of July of 2013 at 21:20

I'm really torn.. I love a wedding invitation I have seen online and I'm torn as to whether to buy them or make them myself. I could make them (probably not perfect but very similar) but by the time I...

Snyffa, saturday 20-Jul-13 22
M
Bridesmaids hair...arghhhhhhhhh
morristobe, 12 of July of 2013 at 08:29

I need some advice. My MOH made the decision 2 months ago to have her hair cut radically short (compared to the lovely shoulder length bob that she had), with one side shorter than the other. She...

havecreditwillwed, saturday 13-Jul-13 5 1,183
M
On the morning of your wedding...
morristobe, 11 of July of 2013 at 15:41

On the morning of your wedding what did / are you going to wear? I'm staying at the hotel that I am getting married at the night before and my photographer will be taking some getting ready photos....

future.mrs.c, thursday 11-Jul-13 10
M
Birdcage Wedding Stationary...
morristobe, 5 of July of 2013 at 09:38

I'm hoping someone can help. My dad is a Printer and is going to print our Order of the Day, guest Name Cards, Menu's and table numbers and im looking for some art work to put on them. We have the...

*Teabag*, friday 5-Jul-13 4 663
woowoo83
Flower Etiquette - HELP PLEASE!!
woowoo83, 3 of July of 2013 at 14:19

Hi, please could someone advise me on the etiquette for who should get what flowers? My mum mentioned the other day that her corsage needed to match her outfit and I had no idea what she was on about!...

havecreditwillwed, wednesday 3-Jul-13 19
M
Wedding dress after the wedding?
morristobe, 3 of July of 2013 at 13:34

I was just wondering what you were all planning on doing with your wedding dress after the wedding, whether you will be keeping them (how do we store them properly) or whether you were going to try...

*MM3*, wednesday 3-Jul-13 15
M
How much did you spend on your Tiara?
morristobe, 27 of June of 2013 at 16:07

As the header goes really, how much did you spend on your Tiara? I rushed out and bought one off Ebay for under £20 and now after looking at others I don't think it's what I really wanted and I rushed...

Italybride14, friday 28-Jun-13 31
2b_MrsB
Gifts for your Groom
2b_MrsB, 3 of June of 2013 at 09:00

Hi Everyone, With 19 days to go I really need to make a decision on a gift for my OH. To begin with I was looking at buying him a dress watch but have decided against it since he has a number of...

Feb2014Bride, tuesday 4-Jun-13 20
M
Grooms outfit
Mrsdsoon, 31 of May of 2013 at 09:22

Ok, i am thinking of putting my bridesmaids in black with a different coloured belt/sash and shoes, flowers - so each one has different (bright blue, bright orange, purple) but what colour do i get my...

MrsMeldrew, friday 31-May-13 5
L
spray tan
Loulou10, 30 of May of 2013 at 14:18

Ladies, anyone having a spray tan before their wedding? ive never had one before but kind of decided i would, now im not sure whether to bother. main reason being the cost, my beautician said its best...

morristobe, thursday 30-May-13 1
M
Trainee Harpists / cheap musicians in the Midlands
morristobe, 23 of May of 2013 at 12:13

I'm really struggling with what songs to have and how they will flow and my partner suggested possibly hiring someone to play for the civil ceremony and drinks reception (possibly through the wedding...

gabi5, tuesday 11-Jun-13 6 979
M
I need help on music please...
morristobe, 23 of May of 2013 at 11:55

So, we are getting married in a civil ceremony at a hotel. For our music we have decided to use piano pieces so that they flow nicely. 1. I need music for guests arriving (was thinking of having...

Sandysounds, thursday 23-May-13 347
H
When to book...
HundredMonkeys, 16 of May of 2013 at 16:15

Hello all, Have been on here for a while now and have wanted to start a few threads but have been too....shy haha. Is it possible to be shy on forum? Anyway... I'm getting married August 2014 down in...

DaffodilWaves, friday 17-May-13 6
ShaynaV
How long to wait before sending out "Thank You" notes?
ShaynaV, 16 of May of 2013 at 15:22

This question might sound kind of trivial, but it's something my fiance and I can't seem to figure out. What's the appropriate amount of time to wait (after the wedding) before sending out thank you...

maxinegallie, thursday 16-May-13 10

General groups

Hitched article topics