• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

26 of October of 2013

3856days 19hours

Discussions

W
Mascaras
Wifeytobe88, 1 of November of 2013 at 11:04

Happy Friday all ? My question today is about mascaras! I'm not really happy with my eyelashes and would definitely want a 'false' effect for my wedding. I use Maxfactor 2000 calorie mascara on a...

Laura Radford Photog, monday 4-Nov-13 24
H
Price for pub reception
harr22, 3 of November of 2013 at 14:10

I'm loving this site-people are so helpful! Hope you don't mind me asking a few more questions My wedding reception is being held in a nice pub-we're having a two course meal consisting of a starter...

harr22, friday 8-Nov-13 12
C
Ideas for London Hen weekend
Cocktail-Couture, 29 of October of 2013 at 10:19

What to do, where to go? Also looking for a large apartment so were not separated in hotel rooms so if you know of any suggestions they would be gratefully received!

samanthas, thursday 31-Oct-13 6
M
Are you doing old, new, borrowed and blue???
MrsW-to-be, 3 of October of 2013 at 15:17

I hadn't really thought about it and wasn't really that bothered but loads of people keep telling me that it's "traditional" and that I should. The new is easy, the old I can probably sort, I have...

KJY16, wednesday 9-Oct-13 17
M
Seamstress recommendations in London
Mary(B), 29 of September of 2013 at 10:52

Hi, I have just bought the Carlotta Bridal dress from Monsoon. http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_4,mon_4.1/3531574608 Could anyone recommend a very good seamstress/alterations place...

Mary(B), monday 30-Sep-13 4
T
wedding night hotel London
tealbutterfly27, 29 of September of 2013 at 08:18

Hi all, We're not planning on going to honeymoon just yet but have decided we'll spend the night in a lovely hotel. I wondered if anyone could recommend lovely hotels in London. Don't want anything...

Foo, sunday 29-Sep-13 6
mickeyandminnie
guests travelling to hotel & reception
mickeyandminnie, 23 of September of 2013 at 19:23

Basically we are getting married at church and staying at a hotel that is separate to the reception venue. how would you go about this? we would like people to check in prior to coming to the...

mickeyandminnie, wednesday 25-Sep-13 3
Penny P
Flash your wedding transport
Penny P, 22 of September of 2013 at 15:08

We just had this confirmed (this isn't the actual truck but same colour and it will be minus the trailer!) SO excited, it's a big surprise, along with a few others. to get the wedding

ShropshireLass, sunday 16-Feb-14 15
ducks in a row
Underwear!!
ducks in a row, 13 of September of 2013 at 19:41

Hello lovely ladies, What is everyone wearing underneath their wedding dress (if anything)? Can anyone recommend a good place to get a strapless bra which won't be visible underneath and won't slide...

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, sunday 15-Sep-13 18
Ohwhatatuesday
Getting to know you....
Ohwhatatuesday, 1 of September of 2013 at 17:10

I've been thinking about doing this for a while - I don't know whether there's another one somewhere but I thought it might be nice to have a mass introduction style thread. As people tend to...

MrsF2Bee, friday 21-Feb-14 73
S
Guest lists
sdurn, 19 of August of 2013 at 11:08

Im really struggling, Aunts and uncles I feel I have to invite but some of them I havnt seen in over 15 years.. and we're not even slightly close? If I don't invite then I have the issue of arguments...

Kentish Gal, monday 19-Aug-13 8
G
Honeymoon - straight after the wedding or wait????
Germanbride, 18 of August of 2013 at 17:27

Hi all, we have been to the travel agent today to see what the options are with regards to our honeymoon. Now this is the second marriage for my OH so he is not too bothered for a typical honeymoon....

Stacey1987, sunday 18-Aug-13 23
Kate22
Ideas for table number/names??
Kate22, 15 of August of 2013 at 19:44

Me and my OH want something different other than numbers or names. My sister had names of places she went on holiday so don't want to do that idea. Any suggestions? X x

Laura Radford Photog, saturday 17-Aug-13 30
PinkButterfly
Wedding stress...
PinkButterfly, 15 of August of 2013 at 18:32

So after much thought I went to order my wedding dress today... I was told that this particular designer take up to 9months to deliver the dress with just under 10 months to go it was a case of now or...

jo-jo1983, monday 19-Aug-13 13
K
no children and invites
Katty1234, 15 of August of 2013 at 14:29

Hi ladies Now I know this is something that is always a bit of a sensitive subject and discussed before but just wanted to get your opinion with regards to wording on invites. For a variety of reasons...

Hannah1912, sunday 18-Aug-13 26
Jaysmonkey
How much did you pay for your wedding ring?
Jaysmonkey, 14 of August of 2013 at 15:43

Hello, first off I have a bespoke engagement ring designed by the dearest otherhalf, I adore it, however it means I need to get a custom made wedding ring. We've approached the jewelers who made my...

Excitedbridetobe2014, tuesday 27-Aug-13 27
L
lynd's wedding report
lynd, 14 of August of 2013 at 16:00

This won't be as good as some reports - am not that good at getting my feelings down on paper (give me a complaint to make and I'm your woman though). We both had the week before the wedding off -...

Red Kite, thursday 15-Aug-13 21
Indiefluff
I'm married! *sneaky flash*
Indiefluff, 14 of August of 2013 at 12:13

We had the greatest day, so thought I would steal a few piccys off facebook! Here we are: My beautiful bridesmaids: Me and my lovely Mum: Me and the girls from my new family: Confetti!: Just can't...

Indiefluff, monday 19-Aug-13 27
Gemini_Bride
Honeymoon.....so deflated
Gemini_Bride, 14 of August of 2013 at 10:19

I have just finished a couple of calls with some travel agents about possible honeymoons for September 2014 - we don't want to book yet but I need to know what our saving target is for both wedding...

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, wednesday 14-Aug-13 16
MrsBeckiW
11am vs 4pm Wedding - Please help!
MrsBeckiW, 14 of August of 2013 at 10:59

In the last couple of days my OH and I have booked a lovely venue in Milton Keynes, scraping in on a Saturday in May - the only Saturday they have we can do. We really don't want to change the date....

MrsBeckiW, thursday 15-Aug-13 55
S
BYOB venues London???
sallyok, 14 of August of 2013 at 07:01

Good Afternoon Ladies (and some Gents) I only got engaged last month but keen to get the planning going asap. I want to have the wedding in London although currently live overseas and will have...

mariannechuaphotogra, wednesday 14-Aug-13 5
mariannechuaphotography
How did you know your dress was right for you?
mariannechuaphotography, 12 of August of 2013 at 11:54

I was just thinking about wedding dresses and my *ahem* non existent wedding plans/current attempts to get into shape, and it just struck me that I have zero idea about what kind of wedding dress...

mooshy, wednesday 14-Aug-13 23
Chippet
DIY table plan
Chippet, 13 of August of 2013 at 17:38

Hi I'm trying to get supplies for our table plan, I already know roughly what we want; map of manhattan with pins of major landmarks which each table with be named after. What I'm struggling with is...

RomanticPurpleDiamon, tuesday 18-Dec-18 10
G
How much are you planning to/did you spend on your wedding?
gc615, 9 of August of 2013 at 16:52

Just wondering what people are budgeting (or did budget~) for their wedding? What things are you doing to help you stay in budget?

slou90, wednesday 14-Aug-13 66
W
Surnames - old or new?!
Wifeytobe88, 8 of August of 2013 at 17:10

Hi all! Question - who's taking their husbands name when they get married, and who's keeping their own? Anyone double-barrelling? My surname is Davies - so very boring / common. My h2b has a pretty...

Studying&Planning, tuesday 13-Aug-13 79
J
beauty
janetyler, 9 of August of 2013 at 08:51

Hi everyone not sure if im in the right forum, but was asking for some advice on which make up to use on my wedding day. i would like to know what the best primer/base to use and what foundation to...

havecreditwillwed, friday 9-Aug-13 4
havecreditwillwed
Attached - List for name changes - where, how, what docs you need.
havecreditwillwed, 8 of August of 2013 at 18:48

Yes I am a geek. I have just thought of literally every place where I might have to change my name, made a big list complete with a column for ticks, and then noted in what documentation you need to...

Taoisa, wednesday 25-Sep-13 18
*J9*
Weight!
*J9*, 7 of August of 2013 at 21:24

Aaaaaah I need you all to please give me an internet kick up the backside! I ordered my dress 2 months ago knowing I wanted to lose a couple of stone before the wedding but have managed to put on...

cass_b, friday 9-Aug-13 29
A
Wedding ring advice please
Andzia, 7 of August of 2013 at 23:20

Hi a few people have pointed out that the e ring and wedding ring don't go well together. Please advise as I am worried as I cannot change it! i think it looks ok but a few people on other forums...

*Pugsley*, thursday 8-Aug-13 4
S
Bouquets
sharnem, 5 of August of 2013 at 21:24

Hi all I have gone through stages looking at at, wanting and dismissing certain types of unique bouquets as such as brooch (too expensive) button (Ok, but not exactly what i was looking for) and...

sharnem, tuesday 13-Aug-13 17
B
For those of you who've had an engagement/pre-wedding shoot...............
Blondie28, 5 of August of 2013 at 13:20

Hi All I'm just wondering what you wore for your engagement/pre-wedding shoot? Did you just keep it natural (i don't mean naked LOL but did you wear what is everyday typical for you) or did you get...

BrownEyedGal, monday 5-Aug-13 3
F
Wedding hair London - advice and recommendations please :)
fatbunneh, 4 of August of 2013 at 11:09

Hi everyone, I'm getting married in central London in August 2014, and I'd like a hairdresser to come to the venue to do my hair. I'd like a relaxed, messy updo, nothing too elaborate. Same goes for...

mariannechuaphotogra, sunday 4-Aug-13 1

General groups

Hitched article topics