• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

22 of September of 2014

3475days 17hours

Discussions

TreacleTart
Treacletart's wedding report - with loads of flashes
TreacleTart, 20 of August of 2015 at 13:16

Tiny background: Me and OH have been together five and a bit years – I met him where I used to work, and eight months after he left I tracked him down and asked him out!! old internet! We had our...

TreacleTart, friday 21-Aug-15 35
AuntieBJ
Petition
AuntieBJ, 7 of August of 2015 at 08:07

Hi lovely hitched otters! I'm posting a link here to a petition that I've started thanks to a letter I received yesterday. I hope that you will all have a look and, if it means anything to you, please...

bananacatdance, thursday 20-Aug-15 12
H
Song lyrics to use around the venue
History man, 17 of August of 2015 at 14:02

I am in the process of making some little signs to go around the venue for different things and I am trying to use song lyrics wherever I can - but I'm a bit stuck. E.G. Table with dressing up props...

overtherainbow, tuesday 18-Aug-15 21
R
The First Dance thread
RomanticEmeralds, 15 of August of 2015 at 18:16

So me and the OH have started to discuss what we should have as our first dance. And it got me wondering what all you out there have chosen and if there was a special reason for your choice. ? I bet...

Nicolab23, tuesday 1-Sep-15 59
Arpee
One year to go... *FLASH!!!*
Arpee, 14 of August of 2015 at 21:12

I have one year to go until the big day, so I thought it was a good opportunity for a little flash of what we've got sorted so far. Our ceremony will be in a beautiful English garden (assuming it's...

BubbleBees, monday 17-Aug-15 18
MrsHertfordshire
Smoker Related: I'm ridiculously mourning
MrsHertfordshire , 12 of August of 2015 at 21:58

Hi all, So after 15 years and got to at least 25 a day - I have quit smoking as of Thursday (5pm) I came home from work and started on my new e-cig that arrived that day. I quit for 8 months back in...

Martin Makowski Phot, friday 21-Aug-15 9
L
My first post and ER flash
LisaKirsten, 11 of August of 2015 at 22:59

Hi there. I'm new to the site So would just like to say hi and congrats all on getting engaged! I Got engaged on 4th June this year to my h2b who I have been with for 7 years. He proposed with this...

LisaKirsten, friday 14-Aug-15 11
T
Falling apart.
Throwawayaccount, 3 of August of 2015 at 09:34

I don't know whether this is the right place to post this but I didn't want to post it anywhere else and get happy planning people down. I don't feel like I can talk to anyone else because doing so...

MadamRed, thursday 20-Aug-15 73
MrsV-wasMissB
So I'm married! Very quick post and teeny flash, full post coming soon.
MrsV-wasMissB, 10 of August of 2015 at 18:11

Oh where to start, it was BEAUTIFUL! Everything I ever imagined and more (omg i'm getting tearful again!). I did not stop smiling ALL day. Everything looked even better than I imagined in my head -...

MrsWebberToBe, friday 14-Aug-15 24
Nims
*Wedding Report!* Best. Day. Everrrrrrr
Nims, 9 of August of 2015 at 10:05

Karen84, friday 21-Aug-15 28
D
Groom has fallen in love with a bright blue suit - help!!
DiscoCat, 9 of August of 2015 at 08:48

Hello everyone I am getting married at the end of October to my wonderful fiancé whom I have been madly in love with for the last 33 years. We are having a very small wedding for 25 guests at a...

HelenSomerset, monday 10-Aug-15 23
T
Cival ceremony seating help!!
Tbk197a, 6 of August of 2015 at 07:53

Hi I'm really stuck on the seating for my wedding during the cival ceremony, there's 8 seats on the front row for each the bride and groom. My groom has 1 best man, 1 grandparent, 1 parent who's...

Jayne E, thursday 6-Aug-15 2
D
Help Please x Wedding venue needed for less than 20 people, UK or abroad x
djfrost, 5 of August of 2015 at 15:59

❤️ Hi All Please can you help me, I am looking for a wedding venue for less than 20 guests, I still want it to be beautiful and special, as I am flying out my immediate family from NZ - but I have...

djfrost, thursday 6-Aug-15 17
B
Best man wants to ruin my stag do
Benaal87, 3 of August of 2015 at 16:55

Hey all, I'm getting married on 29th August and my stag do is this coming Friday. I had everything planned pretty much, because the best man was a bit slow on the uptake. I'm of a more traditional...

RomanticRedDiamonds5, monday 8-Feb-16 7
E
Buying a House Together Before You're Married/Engaged
ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257, 5 of August of 2015 at 04:38

After talking to my British FI and friends, I've realized there's a big gap between Americans and Brits when it comes to buying a home. It seems like everyone in the UK is very eager to get on the...

Charles, saturday 7-May-22 11
R
Planning a wedding while trying to conceive!!
rainbow.love, 4 of August of 2015 at 11:12

Hi everyone!! My partner and I have been engaged for a year and 7months and we have a little boy who's coming up 2 in September. Over the past couple of months we've been thinking about setting a date...

HappyRedStationery70, monday 27-Feb-17 14
M
In Law's grrrr!!!!
MrsEdisToBe, 3 of August of 2015 at 15:27

Hi Ladies, Sorry about the rant in advance but I need to get this off my chest.......... Yesterday, I went for dinner with my OH and my future in laws after the first reading of our banns. I thought...

halloweeny, tuesday 4-Aug-15 11
P
Newbie - second time around help
princess twinkle, 1 of August of 2015 at 18:20

Hello - I'm new and hoping some b2bs or other wedding people can give me some help or inspiration. Would love to hear how anyone got married second time around less formally, on a strict budget but...

Jayne E, friday 7-Aug-15 8
HelenSomerset
Thousand posts!
HelenSomerset, 30 of July of 2015 at 18:34

Can I throw myself a party for my one thousandth post please? ?? Speech : Thank you to all the posters that made this possible & encouraged me to while away hours of my life discussing weddings...

pink & glitz, sunday 2-Aug-15 11
B
Question about proof of address (giving notice)
Bamboozledbride, 31 of July of 2015 at 08:06

Hi everyone, I'm going to give notice on the 10th of august and I've been told to bring something with my proof of address on it. I only have a provisional licence and although my address is on there...

Panda-gill, friday 31-Jul-15 2
Karen84
1 year to go! *Mega flash*
Karen84, 29 of July of 2015 at 09:18

Morning all, well today we have been engaged for exactly 1 year and we also have 1 year until our wedding (genuine coincidence!). I haven't done a lot of flashing so far so I thought I would do one...

jayannfernandez, friday 4-Mar-16 24
M
Advice on flower girl shoes *flash*
MrsEdisToBe, 28 of July of 2015 at 08:21

Hi ladies, i can't decide which shoes to get for my flower girls (aged 8,7 and 5). which do you prefer?? x

daffodilly, thursday 30-Jul-15 14
E
Music - Please help!!
Evielou1505, 27 of July of 2015 at 17:21

Please help! We have a DJ for our wedding in 2 weeks, he has told me today that we need to give him about 50 songs so that he can build a picture of the kind of music we would like at our...

overtherainbow, monday 27-Jul-15 1
E
Lakefront Camp Wedding - Would you attend?
ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257, 27 of July of 2015 at 14:43

My FI is from the UK and I am American. We will be getting married in the US in New England. We’ve struggled quite a bit to find a venue that meets all of our expectations. We want a place where most...

lc93, tuesday 28-Jul-15 17
S
Travel journal
Stephie, 23 of July of 2015 at 17:23

I've been thinking of getting myself a little travel journal for the honeymoon - we'll be doing lots of sightseeing and a tour/trek etc. I thought it would be nice to write things down that I may...

CornishBride89, friday 31-Jul-15 7
Calella
What made you happy this week?
Calella, 23 of July of 2015 at 10:39

I know we sometimes do good week/bad week, but this week I thought I'd ask for 3 things that made you happy this week - no bad things allowed! I'm having a horrible week, so trying to focus on the...

Calella, wednesday 29-Jul-15 17
S
Can't decide on which date out of 2 - need some help!
Stenners, 24 of July of 2015 at 08:48

Myself and my fiancée are looking to marry in 2016 but very flexible over the date. (We are useless at making a decision!!) We were thinking June or early July. We visited the church and July was...

Scottish_Sarah, saturday 25-Jul-15 15
M
Advice needed I don't think I want to get married!
Miss Moo2016, 23 of July of 2015 at 20:57

Hi everyone i am new to this forum but really need some advice from everyone who is going through the whole wedding planning etc. Me and my oh have been together for ten years and have finally set a...

Daisy Bell, monday 27-Jul-15 20
pink & glitz
invited 3 weeks before wedding!
pink & glitz, 22 of July of 2015 at 20:45

So we got a wedding invitation this week to attend an evening reception, it's on the 14th August. They told us that they weren't organised with sending invites out - hmmmm it may just be me but I...

AKWedding, monday 27-Jul-15 16
I
Feeling a bit deflated - BMs
imabusybee, 21 of July of 2015 at 22:34

Hello everyone Getting married in Jan 2016, aside from a bridesmaids lunch I haven't had my BMs together & we're in the process of sorting dresses via online orders & whatsapp. I have 1 BM...

Justkeepswimming, thursday 23-Jul-15 7
D
Amazing catering for wedding reception
Danni5564, 22 of July of 2015 at 18:19

I have just booked my wedding catering for our reception. We were looking for a relaxed reception but something that would wow our guests and we have found it with a hog roast company The Crunchy...

Pooba, thursday 23-Jul-15 15

General groups

Hitched article topics