• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

21 of December of 2013

3806days 19hours

Discussions

emmiejune
Umbrella, Wicker hearts, brooches, bridesmaid dress, shoe clips etc
emmiejune, 17 of November of 2014 at 16:30

Hi, I have put all these things on before but in separate posts so am putting them all together now Umbrella collection only from Northampton/Milton Keynes £18 (was a custom design) Navy Debenhams...

emmiejune, saturday 3-Jan-15 1
L
Finding a dress in no time at all...
LisaMH78, 15 of November of 2014 at 20:19

Ladies - I have just signed up to the site having got engaged and booked our wedding venue in the last few weeks. The thing is we are getting married on Good Friday next year and I have only just...

Lemon Violet, tuesday 18-Nov-14 15
alabastamasta
Are you changing your name?
alabastamasta, 24 of January of 2014 at 21:36

Hiya ladies! So, it's finally starting to dawn on me that I'm *actually* going to be getting married - argh! And it's got me thinking: do I change my name, or not? I'm not overly fond of OH's surname...

Jayla, wednesday 1-Oct-14 79
sweetlikechocolate
stuck on hair accessories. please give me a flash ;-)
sweetlikechocolate, 7 of September of 2014 at 17:32

I am trying to decide what hair accessories to have. I am thinking of having my hair something like this but not sure if i want a headband, a slide in the back, a band across my forehead. Ahhhhhh so...

xcocowux, monday 8-Sep-14 5
emmiejune
Navy dress, shoe clips, brooches and tie
emmiejune, 28 of June of 2014 at 17:38

Two flower shoe clips which can be used on shoes or as corsages. Slightly more mauve/aubergine than they look in the picture. £10 + postage. Lilac tie from Debenhams £5 Same as pic below but not been...

emmiejune, thursday 21-Aug-14 1
emmiejune
6 x wicker hearts with or without flowers
emmiejune, 28 of June of 2014 at 17:26

6 wicker hearts. Happy to sell with flowers or I can easily remove them so that you can make them fit your colour scheme. Slightly irregular in design due to the natural nature. They have quite a...

emmiejune, thursday 21-Aug-14 7
emmiejune
Some lovely accessory bits and bobs
emmiejune, 14 of August of 2014 at 15:30

Just a few bits and bobs left Wooden bark style pencils. Used for kids to draw with at the table. 14 in total. Probably need sharpening with a knife. £6.50 Pearly wire decorations. 11 strands. £2...

emmiejune, thursday 21-Aug-14
A
Coloured wedding dresses
AmericanDream, 12 of August of 2014 at 23:14

Does anyone have any pics of coloured dresses?, really struggling to find pics. Keep finding the same old ones whenever searching. Any colours would be great, purples, blues, greens, red, pink, black,...

jayannfernandez, friday 12-Jun-15 17
M
Show Me Show Me Your Shoes.
MrsF2Bee, 10 of August of 2014 at 19:40

I was set on having Rainbow Club Gala, I love them. However, yesterday I went to get my measurements at the dress shop and she advised unless I absolutely am head over heals with the shoes too look...

almostmrsStimpson, friday 15-Aug-14 71
ClaireD*
Cleaning of dresses post-wedding - updated with before/after *flash*
ClaireD*, 6 of June of 2014 at 18:05

So, I've sent my dress off for cleaning now. Used one of the collection services that take it away and deliver it back again. I'll let you all know afterwards whether the company are worth...

lottie.f, friday 15-Aug-14 13
emmiejune
Duplicate post, sorry
emmiejune, 14 of August of 2014 at 15:31

Duplicate post, sorry

emmiejune, thursday 14-Aug-14 276
F
Wedding Favours
footie-widow, 10 of August of 2014 at 13:14

Any ideas on wedding favours? I have 40 guests and am going for a low-key, relaxed kind of day. I am also on a serious budget so need something nice but cheap.

footie-widow, monday 11-Aug-14 9
emmiejune
Foam Flowers
emmiejune, 29 of June of 2014 at 11:34

I have a selection of foam flowers for sale. 4 x lilac peony style, large 10 x purple roses, large 20 x lilac roses, medium 10 x dark blue/navy roses, medium. Some have not been out of box/bunch. Only...

emmiejune, sunday 10-Aug-14 15
Soon2bMrsSmith
Normal to freak out about be a MRS?
Soon2bMrsSmith, 13 of July of 2014 at 20:11

Hello all, It has just dawned on me this morning that although I am marrying my best friend and man I love..... I will need to change my name. The only reason this has freaked me out so much is...

InkedDoll, monday 14-Jul-14 45
T
Teal Bridesmaid dresses - what colour flowers?
The future Mrs G, 14 of July of 2014 at 14:06

I'm trying to decide what colour flowers to have with my teal bridesmaids? First I thought I would go with pink but now I am starting to think ivory/white flowers would look nicer. Just wondering what...

The future Mrs G, monday 14-Jul-14 11
kharv
PP Posts
kharv, 13 of July of 2014 at 01:19

Ok, so I know this probably isn't my place... But I'm seeing a new influx of hitchers putting PP (meaning Pointless Post) before some post titles. This is a wedding forum! If it's wedding related...

MrsShep, saturday 26-Jul-14 44
lolapickle
'THE' dress
lolapickle, 7 of July of 2014 at 07:42

Hi all, i went dress shopping for the second time on Saturday and at the time was quite torn between 2, completely different, styles (pics below). Felt quite emotional in both and my bridesmaid was...

emmiejune, monday 14-Jul-14 12
Sambarine
searching for a new venue with only 10 months to go....
Sambarine, 13 of July of 2014 at 20:37

So, update to my last post about my concerns over our venue - we met with them on Friday, and she did very little to allay my concerns. She insisted that us providing our own public liability...

Sambarine, monday 14-Jul-14 17
xoxoxo2017
The box your engagement ring came in.
xoxoxo2017, 9 of July of 2014 at 20:22

What did you do with it? I have a "Wedding Desk" in the spare room and I decided to use mine for a scented candle, gives some ambiance alongside my fairy lights and is quite relaxing when I sit here ...

icklesal, friday 11-Jul-14 22
SillyWrong
How would you feel about a same sex wedding section?
SillyWrong, 10 of July of 2014 at 09:06

I had an idea since we have a same sex wedding thread going and a few people have mentioned it's hard for us to find one another ... I was thinking about asking hitched if we could have a same sex...

DeeBee33, friday 11-Jul-14 32
Barnett2015
What are you all wearing in your hair?
Barnett2015, 8 of July of 2014 at 14:41

Give me some inspo ladies! I know i want a veil and that's it so far! I want to see what you are all having/have had on your heads! Anybody got any good supplier (budget friendly!?) recommendations...

emmiejune, tuesday 8-Jul-14 7
MrsSkinner2be
I'm married! Hoping this link to my wedding report works
MrsSkinner2be, 8 of July of 2014 at 20:55

So I got married end of May and only just got my wedding report done - with pictures. Hoping this link works...

nixy3, sunday 13-Jul-14 14
mustard_mitt
What did you do with your dress?
mustard_mitt, 6 of July of 2014 at 20:40

I'm in the process of thinking about dress shopping soon - the thought fills me with dread! I plan to go to a dress shop, find a style that suits and then buy it online, probably from one of the many...

ATB, wednesday 9-Jul-14 23
Erin8
What 3 pieces of advice do you wish people had given you about weddings?
Erin8, 5 of July of 2014 at 19:02

What 3 pieces of advice do you wish people had given you about weddings? I wondered what pearls of wisdom there are out there.... 1) Figure out what things are a priority to you both and stick to...

Bean2304, monday 11-Aug-14 42
bamboo
Invitation drama - are we unfair?
bamboo, 7 of July of 2014 at 17:47

Not long till the wedding and we're having some drama from an uninvited guest. Just heard from a guest that his girlfriend isn't happy that she's not invited to the wedding. She's been going around...

thewanderingwebster, wednesday 9-Jul-14 47
Mispinkprincess
Had my hair and make up trial..... not wowed!
Mispinkprincess, 6 of July of 2014 at 13:14

I had my hair and make up trial last night and tbh I wasn't hugely wowed. I'm no proffessional but I'm very into doing my hair and make up, I don't feel she did anything I couldn't do myself! Let...

kharding2014, sunday 6-Jul-14 11
T
Hen party
Titchymichy, 6 of July of 2014 at 10:15

Wondering if anyone else has similar issues about what to do for hen party? my friends and I went to Magaluf last year for a friends hen weekend and we loved it and they are keen to go back but I...

Daisyday, sunday 6-Jul-14 2
L
Wedding Exit Song - What's everyone having? - Help please!
Lea_1980, 2 of July of 2014 at 13:02

Had planned on Ho Hey by the Lumineers to leave ceremony but after being in Dublin at the weekend and hearing it sung far too many times by the live singers I've totally gone off it. Wedding is on...

emmiejune, sunday 6-Jul-14 40
T
Bought my dress!!!! *FLASH*
ThefuturemrsG, 6 of July of 2014 at 08:59

I bought my dress yesterday!!!Its Maggie Sottero, Briony! Sooooo excited now and I love it so much!! Had such a lovely dress shopping experience! I didn't think I would cry when I found the one, I...

Hmcx, sunday 6-Jul-14 12
SunnyOrangeFlowers21
6 week flash!
SunnyOrangeFlowers21, 5 of July of 2014 at 14:00

We're heading up north for the final venue meeting and ring collection tomorrow, so thought I'd do a flash before I get packing! My gorgeous bridesmaid, who I will be playing with make up with on...

SunnyOrangeFlowers21, monday 7-Jul-14 12

General groups

Hitched article topics