Skip to main content
M
makingpretties

United Kingdom · From May 2014

Discussions

M
Help a DIY bride
MariaDenmark, 4 of February of 2015 at 14:26

I am looking to do most of our decorations myself, also STD cards, invitations signs etc, so could any of you guide me in the direction of assorted DIY stores in London? Thanks! ?

makingpretties, friday 6-Feb-15 10
CBeckford
Any London brides? (2015)
CBeckford, 11 of November of 2014 at 20:32

Hi ladies, i just wanted to know if there are any more London brides getting married next year on the forum. With just over 7 months to go, I'm beginning to realise how much there is still to think...

makingpretties, thursday 22-Jan-15 22
FoxUmbra
Heart shaped cutter NOT for border!
FoxUmbra, 7 of January of 2015 at 19:26

Hi guys, sorry I am not getting married lol but I am being a bridesmaid for one of my best friends this summer. We are making the invitations and we need to find a heart shaped cutter / punch that can...

makingpretties, thursday 8-Jan-15 1
jen-lou
Getting myself in a tizz!!
jen-lou, 7 of January of 2015 at 16:06

It's not really a topic to bring up on a wedding planning site, but i'm not too sure where else to post it. Over the last few months, i've heard more and more people saying that they knew people who...

Kerrypug, thursday 8-Jan-15 13
A
Help Please - gatwick airport
Almost~Mrs~W, 4 of January of 2015 at 19:45

Hi has anyone used any of the gatwick airport lounges? were they worth the money? which would you recommend? I would like to book them for before we fly to our honeymoon but dont know which one to go...

Almost~Mrs~W, friday 23-Jan-15 13
cymruangel
cymruangel's wedding report
cymruangel, 31 of December of 2014 at 18:27

First off, congrats to anyone who gets engaged this evening, I am sure there will be many of you and you have a wonderful journey ahead of you. I am sneaking my wedding report in before the New Year,...

cymruangel, monday 5-Jan-15 24
C
Where to buy paper for invitations
ccurrie1012, 15 of December of 2014 at 12:54

We've decided to make our own invitations to cut down on costs and to have a bit more control over how they look but are struggling to find somewhere to buy the actual paper. We need something thin...

ccurrie1012, thursday 18-Dec-14 8
A
DIY Self Catering Autumn Wedding Plans!.
AriS, 3 of December of 2014 at 12:29

My partner and I have been together for something along the lines of 5 years now (he remembers the anniversary, I forget every year). Our budget is pretty small, as we don't see the point in spending...

HeavyMetalMaiden, thursday 4-Dec-14 7
S
Etsy and customs
Stephie, 17 of November of 2014 at 13:12

Hi all, has anyone ordered any jewellery from Etsy? I've found a shop in New York which has a gorgeous vintage style wedding band and I want it. Also some necklaces that I liked the look of for BM...

Stephie, tuesday 18-Nov-14 10
M
Sourcing invites or graphics I use
maxinegallie, 12 of November of 2014 at 20:10

Hi hitchers, life has been crazy busy for a while now, but my dad has asked me to make his wedding invites. He is also happy to order them from somewhere if they aren't too expensive and I can't make...

makingpretties, monday 17-Nov-14 2
W
A bit worried about the safety of our guests!!
Wife In Training, 2 of September of 2014 at 20:59

Has anyone used tea light baubles like the one pictured below before? We've bought them to hang from our centrepieces and decided to test one out tonight but the bauble gets really hot!! Like to to...

Wife In Training, wednesday 3-Sep-14 10
A
Wedding Favours
amiewitter494@hotmail.co.uk, 17 of August of 2014 at 15:34

Hi ladies, Our wedding theme is farming/cows but I'm struggling to think of a wedding favours for each person. I've looked at the wedding survival kit but it doesn't have much to do with our theme and...

makingpretties, sunday 17-Aug-14

General groups

Hitched article topics