bananacatdance

United Kingdom · From December 2014

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

30 of July of 2016

2836days 4hours

Discussions

M
What's your best piece of advice? OM's & Planners!
Mrs-Riley, 14 of July of 2016 at 12:06

Inspired a little bit by the regrets thread that pops up every now and then. What is the best piece of advice you could give someone about the wedding planning process, the day or the aftermath?...

bananacatdance, monday 25-Jul-16 17
B
Preloved dress shops - advice
bananacatdance, 19 of June of 2016 at 21:28

Hi all. I have a brand new, unworn and unaltered wedding dress that I am looking to sell on. A friend of mine used a shop that sold dresses on for previous owners and took 30 per cent of the sale to...

Jayne E, monday 20-Jun-16 3
Beckcible
She didnt make it ;(
Beckcible, 19 of June of 2016 at 15:54

My mum sadly passed away 2 days ago. In a way it was a relief as I dont think we could have beared another moment of her suffering. I cant believe she wont be there for the wedding since we started...

RachD90, tuesday 21-Jun-16 23
Pookie8911
Adding on a bridesmaid...
Pookie8911, 23 of May of 2016 at 18:57

We are getting married 29th April next year, and pretty much as soon as we got engaged last August I had chosen 2 bridesmaids (one I lived with for over 2 years, and the other one of my closest...

Pookie8911, wednesday 25-May-16 6
B
Shoe sizing
bananacatdance, 30 of April of 2016 at 15:09

I have bought my wedding shoes and have been walking round in them at home to try to break them in! I've found that one of the shoes slips a bit on the heel where one foot is a bit smaller than the...

bananacatdance, saturday 30-Apr-16 408
Arpee
First dress fitting... **FLASH!!**
Arpee, 26 of April of 2016 at 21:23

I went for my first fitting and I absolutely love my dress! I've lost about a stone and a half since I ordered it so it fits better now and I'm really happy with the way it looks. The bolero in the...

MrsLBtoB, wednesday 27-Apr-16 7
Emmy1102
Bridal Party
Emmy1102, 20 of April of 2016 at 10:43

Not really a question, just though it might be nice to talk about who we have all chosen as our bridesmaids and groomsmen! We decided to keep it small, so I only have two bridesmaids; my sister and...

Ash953, sunday 24-Apr-16 23
Lovely songs that are inappropriate for weddings
1987RAF, 20 of April of 2016 at 14:46

I have been thinking about a lot of music that I really like and is great music that I would really want to have played at my wedding, but a lot of it is inappropriate considering the tone of the...

soraneko, sunday 24-Apr-16 22
Stephisaur
Worst day ever
Stephisaur, 14 of April of 2016 at 09:35

Yesterday morning, I was collecting addresses ready to send our save the dates. After work, I went to see my florist so we could talk through wedding ideas. My parents were due to join me but (as...

Pookie8911, monday 18-Apr-16 25
B
Distant bridesmaid
bananacatdance, 13 of April of 2016 at 18:20

Hi all, I've seen similar threads to this in the past so hope someone can offer some words of wisdom! I have 3 adult bridesmaids for my big day and I am concerned about one of them. We have a facebook...

ExpensiveBrownDiamon, wednesday 13-Apr-16 4
FutureMrsPayne
5 months to go *FLASH*
FutureMrsPayne, 13 of April of 2016 at 00:43

Hi everyone, I've been enjoying looking at all your flashes so thought I would join in... Church... Reception Venue... Dress... Veil... Headpiece... Hair... Bouquet (a combination of the two)...

jayannfernandez, friday 15-Apr-16 16
The dreams have started
1987RAF, 8 of April of 2016 at 09:52

Morning guys How often do you dream about things going horribly wrong on the day and is it normal? I had one last night where everyone but my parents forgot, a few random strangers appeared in my...

samwillow, monday 11-Apr-16 12
L
Hairclip/hair jewellery inspiration!
Laurensmum, 4 of April of 2016 at 21:55

Hi guys, so this is how I'm planning on having my hair....Downton-esque but with a bit of an edge! I've been told I need something sparkly in my hair as it would look a bit boring after veil is out (i...

Champagne & Promises, tuesday 12-Apr-16 6
B
Advice about hair & makeup trial - moisturisers
bananacatdance, 6 of April of 2016 at 18:16

So the advice that my hair and makeup artist gave me yesterday was that I need to use a more intensive hydrating moisturiser as my skin is sensitive but quite dry in places. I currently just use a...

bananacatdance, thursday 7-Apr-16 11
B
Hair and makeup trial! (First proper flash!)
bananacatdance, 5 of April of 2016 at 18:02

HappyYellowHair540, saturday 9-Apr-16 6
B
Dress - possible change of heart
bananacatdance, 31 of March of 2016 at 18:12

So I am going for my first fitting tomorrow but I am a bit worried about if I will still like the dress. Long story short, I bought the dress last July when my mum was ill. At the end of January she...

bananacatdance, wednesday 6-Apr-16 11
A
How many venues did you visit?
ameliasofia, 5 of April of 2016 at 17:16

Hi everyone! (This is my first post so sorry if it's not in the right place) I'd be interested to know how many potential venues you visited before you booked the one I've spent the last month...

ameliasofia, monday 18-Apr-16 29
Miss-b
Hair & Make Up! So confused :-/
Miss-b, 17 of March of 2016 at 10:59

Hi Ladies, I need/want to get hair and make up booked for my wedding ASAP, but I'm just a bit confused/over loaded with options!! I will be staying at the hotel we get married at the night before the...

Juliet Cunnington (M, sunday 27-Mar-16 12
B
Just booked my fitting - happy and sad
bananacatdance, 11 of March of 2016 at 12:17

Just had to post as just booked in for the first fitting of my dress. Bought it in July so it has been a long time since I saw it and this one will actually be the one I wear on the day, very...

Mrslh2b, tuesday 15-Mar-16 8
A
Worrying about divorce - odd title for wedding planning!
Annaangel, 9 of March of 2016 at 14:48

Hi, My partner proposed last November and we have planned our wedding for this November. The issue is that he is still married, I know that sounds terrible but they have been legally separated for...

SoontobeMrsS, thursday 10-Mar-16 14
PadBin
Hair and make up trial and bridesmaid dress shopping
PadBin, 8 of March of 2016 at 14:02

So yesterday I had my hair and makeup trial. Theres a few bits I'm going to get her to change on the day. Little more height and have the plat as a French plat if possible. I'm not a 100% on the...

PadBin, tuesday 8-Mar-16 3
S
Photographer Buckinghamshire - how to find one!?
SoontobeMrsS, 7 of March of 2016 at 14:11

Hi all, This is my first post, so be gentle How did you go about finding a photographer? I must admit the thought of trawling round wedding fayres after a week at work makes me want to claw my eyes...

Chapples, friday 11-Mar-16 16
Shelly70
He's Gone
Shelly70, 20 of February of 2016 at 00:26

Hi Ladies Just thought I'd update on my previous posts. My dad died earlier today. I'm heart broken . But he asked me not to cancel the wedding. Not sure I can do it without him but we will try ?

Pooba, monday 22-Feb-16 21
B
Absent MOB
bananacatdance, 11 of February of 2016 at 19:04

Hi all, I can't believe I am about to write this but I am getting married in July and my mum will not be there. On new year's eve we were told she had weeks to live after a long illness and she was...

Tidal Wave, friday 12-Feb-16 10
S
Bucks / Berks Brides - Affordable Venues??
SunnyIvoryFlowers494, 11 of January of 2016 at 16:59

Hi all, my first post, how exciting! I'm in the High Wycombe area and we are thinking of booking Burnham beeches hotel as our venue. We have around 55day guests, need a civil ceremony at the same...

SunnyIvoryFlowers494, monday 18-Jan-16 9

General groups

Hitched article topics