Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

Chapped Lips (keep it clean!)

*Mini*, 19 July, 2011 at 20:01 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 16

I have really bad chapped lips. I have used Carmex, Vaseline, 8 hour cream, Nivea stuff and still my lips crack and are sore- what would you recommend to put on them or is it a diet thing do you reckon?

16 replies

Latest activity by ATB, 20 July, 2011 at 14:06
  • Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Get yourself a small tub of L'Occitane shea butter. I'd also recommend exfoliating your lips once or twice a week.

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

I've tried soooo many lip balms (currently have 8 on my shelf which have been tried and rejected ?), as I have chapped lips all year round (yuck) but the best ones I have tried are No7 protect and perfect lip care, and Eucerin Lip Active (which is only available online as its not stocked in this country, cheapest is fruugo.co.uk to get it from Finland!).

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Try and avoid anything with petroleum in it i.e vaseline as it makes the shedding even worse. Your skin on your lips gets addicted to it then they are worse when you stop. I only seem to get along with Carmex in the tub but the tube didn't help much. Soap & Glory mouth o mighty is lovely and tastes lovely!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I have a Palmers Cocoa Butter one.... smells lovely, feels lovely and lasts ages.

I also second the exfoliating!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I use Body Shop lip butters in a variety of flavours. The only problem is, they smell/taste so nice, you lick it all off sharpish.

Agree with above - no Vaseline/petroleum jelly. You need a moistruiser, not a barrier.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The Body Shop ones make me so much worse! They make my lips sore (V annoying as big sis is QC manager at Body Shop HQ)

Love Palmers stuff MrsC- may give that a whirl

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

My lips get very sore and chapped in winter as I'm always outside in the cold. E45 is sometimes the only thing that seems to make a difference when they are really bad.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My son loves the mint chocolate one it tastes like after eights!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I have had really sore lips since I was a child, if I don't use lipbalm everyday they go all red and sore.

I use 'Lypsyl'. They do it in original and strawberry, its only about 99p and you can get it from any chemist or somewhere like Wilko's. Always works for me, I'm never without it

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

What u should do is leave it..as hard as it is........your lips will repair and then be able to produce enough moisture to keep them non flaky and chapped but when we get chapped lips we tend to shove stuff on....thats what my doc said anyway lol

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I often brush my lips with a soft tooth brush to keep them in good condition. I find that helps coupled with a good lip balm.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

As others have said - stay clear of Vaselene etc. KY Jelly (yes really) is good for chapped lips. It is water based, as apposed to oil based.

I did aromatherapy at college - and we used KY as a base for lip balms and for all dry skin conditions.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry I now have visions of Mini at work getting the KY Jelly out of her bag. Can imagine the looks she'd get!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Another rec for this. I love it, and have sticks of it all over the house.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

That is interesting about the KY Jelly.

I would die of embarrasment if I dropped my bag and that fell out in a public place ?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

In response to the KY - decant decant decant!!!!

Mortification...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics