Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner December 2013

CRONDON PARK

Crondonbride1975, 10 of February of 2013 at 23:13

Posted on Planning 250

Any other crondom park brides.....? wondering if anybody has heard the resident dj and recommends. any tips/hints or this venue currently planning my dec wedding . Yay

Any other crondom park brides.....?

wondering if anybody has heard the resident dj and recommends.

any tips/hints or this venue currently planning my dec wedding . Yay

250 replies

• W
    Beginner July 2015
    w2b2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hi All,

Im looking to get married at Crondon on 23/07/2015 and dont knwo where to start.

And to be honest when i look at everything my buget dont seem to cover it all.

Does anyone recomMend the DJ?

long way to go and feeling stressed already

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

Hello! Have you got FB? If so search 2015 brides and post on there - I will reply Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    Je55 ·
    • Hide content

I am a crondon park bride......getting married Easter weekend!! Did any of you have the bacon sandwiches and wedges was it enough??

also not sure to upgrade to the inclusive drinks package?? Opinions and experience greatfully appreciated. Xxxx

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow what day Easter Weekend? We are getting married on Easter Monday!!!

Can't advise you on food and drink yet though obviously.

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

Hey Wozzle - I just wondered now you're a few months married! (woohoo!)

Is there anything you wish you had done differently? xxx

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

Hello all just thought I would see how everyone's planning is coming along.

ive just been flicking through the Crondon literature and have decided I'm going to email them and ask when the food tasting will be. I can't believe they think its ok to not let us taste the food we are paying thousands for. Is anyone else going to ask? I want to make sure we make the right food choices.

has anyone made any further decisions whether to go for the extra drinks packages, or the BBQ options? I'm feeling stressy this week, think its because I have found my dress and it all seems real, yet I don't feel like I've done any planning for ages!

arrrgghhhh

• W
    Beginner September 2013
    Wozzle ·
    • Hide content

Hi M&M,

Am loving being married Smiley smile

In all honesty, it sounds cheesy but I wouldn't change a thing Smiley smile even things that didn't go according to plan all added to the memories. In direct relation to Crondon though, my guest book didn't get signed at all so should've tasked a BM with that, they didn't put my cd of background music on, just left it on the table which was a bit annoying but soon sorted. Prob would've chosen a different main course tbh but starter & dessert were good...canapés were nice too.

I did pay for the unlimited drinks, wine went down really well with dinner but the reception drinks were only kir royales & sparking wine (yum) but men did tend to go to the bar and buy beer, which was a shame them paying for drinks when we'd paid extra. So may have been worth getting the beer jugs?

Overall though loved the venue. And def don't need a toastmaster they're great at doing that all for you.

let me know if you have any other specific questions! Good luck! Xxxx

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

When are you getting married lizzy? let me know how you get on with the tasting xxx

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

Fab thanks wozzle! we were thinking of putting jugs of beer on the table as well as the wine for this reason too

did you do your own stationary? or did you get a supplier in? xxx

• W
    Beginner September 2013
    Wozzle ·
    • Hide content

We did our own but omg it was hard work! So time consuming... Xx

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

Getting married on 15th August 2014. Have now paid a deposit on a dress, got some shoes, ordered bridesmaid dresses (cheaper and quicker to get them from America and pay tax and shipping than get them from the same uk store - strange but true!)

havent yet asked crondon for a food tasting but it's crazy that they don't offer it automatically.

Wozzle, were there seats in the garden area? I can't remember

• W
    Beginner September 2013
    Wozzle ·
    • Hide content

How exciting Lizzy! Will come round so quickly now! Yes there are picnic benches x

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    Je55 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, sorry for the late reply.....

yes we're getting married on sat 19th :-)

my main stress now is the guest list.....I didn't want more than 80 but its nearer 100 to the day :-/ plus the accommodation bit.

Not sure where to stay!!

I am praying for sunshine too. Can you remember when you went and visited if the gates had a arch? I went last week and there was no arch .... My h2b thinks it may have blown away in the storms but I keep thinking maybe it was never there??!!

so excited now in that nervous, sick omg were getting married way x x x

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

They're supposed to be putting an arch in over the next year or so

Accomodation - we're supposed to be staying in the Lions Inn. However, Greenwoods have just gone into administration so they may have a pricing restructure and they're also selling acres of land as a seperate sale.....so who knows what could happen!

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    Je55 ·
    • Hide content

Booked into the Ivy Hill.....with the majority of family staying their too. To the brides who got married at crondon what time did your groom get there and what time did you arrive? Trying to sort out timings with transport xx

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

Hi crondon brides....how is the planning coming along? I've gone into stress mode as we are now in the year of our wedding, hate to think what I'll be like in August!

is anyone having a church wedding and then reception at crondon? Or are any of the brides who have 'been there done that' still reading these posts? I was just wondering how long the church part took and did you aim to arrive at crondon for 3pm as per their booklet. Also how long do you hang around outside chuch before moving on to your reception (we are having a photographer who takes natural shots so he won't be lining us all up for 40 mins taking photos, but I still don't know how long you mingle outside before moving on.

also does anyone know if Crondon have a good taxi company or 2 or 3 probably as I'd hate for my guests to have a great night and then sit around for ages waiting for a taxi.

thanks everyone, any more tips gossips or anything else do share :-)

• Catty30
    Beginner December 2014
    Catty30 ·
    • Hide content

Hello fellow Crondoners! After spending what seemed an age, reading all previous posts I can definitely feel the planning bug taking hold. So far we have sorted photographer, chair covers (just in main room) and some other little bits - mid entertainment search now! We get married on 21.12.14 - so we have a while but it comes round v. quickly! I have 5 bridesmaids and struggling with the dress budget - any advice on do's and don'ts/where or where not etc? Anybody go for the hog roast? think it would be a nice winter touch but maybe a bit nippy!! Thanks Ladies,

Catty30 ?

• C
    Beginner December 2013
    Crondonbride1975 ·
    • Hide content

Catty I got my bridesmaid dresses off eBay , full length and made to measure £50 they are stunning and amazing quality . They come from china so you need at least two months to be on the safe side but mine came pretty quick. There's many sellers but I would of course recommend mine as I'm so pleased with them, let me know if you want details

also previous crimson brides , did you pay the £250 for bread on tables. We get married 28/2 and had our planning meeting , they asked " would you like us to place bread on the tables" we said yes and noticed £250 slammed on our bill. Is it worth it ?

• C
    Beginner December 2013
    Crondonbride1975 ·
    • Hide content

Catty I got my bridesmaid dresses off eBay , full length and made to measure £50 they are stunning and amazing quality . They come from china so you need at least two months to be on the safe side but mine came pretty quick. There's many sellers but I would of course recommend mine as I'm so pleased with them, let me know if you want details

also previous crimson brides , did you pay the £250 for bread on tables. We get married 28/2 and had our planning meeting , they asked " would you like us to place bread on the tables" we said yes and noticed £250 slammed on our bill. Is it worth it ?

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

£250 for bread??? That's outrageous. How many day guests do you have? I don't mind paying a fair price, but that seems very overpriced for bread

Crondon are having a Weddingopen day on Sunday 26th jan. 11am-5pm with canapés and champagne. This could be the opportunity to tase some of the food I've been wondering about. Though I'd mention it as we only discovered it as we were passing, I would have thought they would let their couples know, especially as they don't do a tasting.

• C
    Beginner December 2013
    Crondonbride1975 ·
    • Hide content

That was based on 90 guests , inc 10 kids . I think it's very very expensive. And don't most weddings come with a bread roll anyway !?

No they didn't inform us of an open day , they prob just want to attract new customers to be honest, no need to go all out for us , we have already paid our money !!!!

• Catty30
    Beginner December 2014
    Catty30 ·
    • Hide content

KK That would be lovely!

Wow that's a lot of money for bread-I'm pretty sure that should be all part of it!

First I've heard of an open day-will have to Google and see if it appears anywhere!

Just got b.maids gifts - notonthehighstreet have a sale!!!

Xxx

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

I went to the wedding fair at Crondon today, did anyone else go? I asked about bread rolls in a casual manner and was told that if you have a two course meal rolls are extra but if you have a 3 course they are included. Hope that helps anyone.

We also tried some canapés, the shortbread with the strawberry was lovely and my other half loved the chicken (spicey) there was also a smoked salmon and cream cheese - nice (after I'd picked the salmon off as I don't eat it)

Crondon looked lovely and it reminded me why we fell in love with it.

now to get back to that planning! Xx

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

I was there too today Smiley smile what's next on the list?!

• C
    Beginner December 2013
    Crondonbride1975 ·
    • Hide content

Maybe the bread thing was a mistake then because we have 3 course meal , full eve Buffett and additional hog roast

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    Je55 ·
    • Hide content

Did anyone see the bar prices, they have increased them!! When I was there a few weeks back I took a photo and when we were there today they had changed - a large glass of wine £4.95.

thinking about not having canopies now and putting more money behind the bar..... But the canopies were so lovely!!

• o0o_Charlie_o0o
    Beginner August 2016
    o0o_Charlie_o0o ·
    • Hide content

Can i please ask you all what sort of prices are their wedding packages? Im meant to be going to view next Saturday however iv emailed them and emailed them to let me know a price list before i go and they just wont tell me, they either send an email back trying to avoid answering prices or just plain ignore me. Iv found a venue i am really happy with anyway because of great communication and good prices, but iv been put off already by Crondon parks lack of communication, and i dont want to even bother visiting it if its wayyy out of my price range xx

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

JE55 - what about doing their unlimited drinks package instead? It might work out cheaper that way

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

Charlie - there are lots of packages which is probably why they don't want to tell you over email. I've always found them very helpful and lovely. I don't want to go into how much we are paying but what is you price range and we might be able to help a little?

• o0o_Charlie_o0o
    Beginner August 2016
    o0o_Charlie_o0o ·
    • Hide content

Completely depends on how much i like the venue and people really so far iv been put off if they didnt want to tell me prices over email rather than avoiding the question they could have said 'we would prefer to discuss your choices and quote you personally' to me that would have been a perfect answer but being ignored makes me feel a lot of doubt! We wanted really to be spending no more than £5000 on a venue with food and dj included for a wedding next year but a higher cost at a perfect venue i would have held off on a wedding for a year longer lol xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics