Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner December 2013

CRONDON PARK

Crondonbride1975, 10 of February of 2013 at 23:13

Posted on Planning 250

Any other crondom park brides.....? wondering if anybody has heard the resident dj and recommends. any tips/hints or this venue currently planning my dec wedding . Yay

Any other crondom park brides.....?

wondering if anybody has heard the resident dj and recommends.

any tips/hints or this venue currently planning my dec wedding . Yay

250 replies

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

What day of the week, how many people and what time of year? xx

• o0o_Charlie_o0o
    Beginner August 2016
    o0o_Charlie_o0o ·
    • Hide content

Only need about 40 day guests and about 70 evening guests, a weekday wedding and in august time xx

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

Im not sure you'd be able to book - these were the minimum numbers in 2012 unless they've changed it:

• Minimum Adult Numbers

Monday – Thursday 60 Day Guests + 20 Additional Evening Guests

Friday & Sunday 70 Day Guests + 20 Additional Evening Guests

Saturday 80 Day Guests + 20 Additional Evening Guests

Justgive them a call

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

I wish I knew!! The diet.....I must stick to the diet lolowlife got my dress, bridesmaid dresses, OH has got an appt re suits, we can't agree on a honeymoon so seem to be looking at that every day at the moment! Have florists sorted but really like the 3 different sized vases with the roses in under water at Crondon yesterday, it looked so nice.

ive got to sort flower girl dresses, bridesmaid presents, shoes and about a zillion other things, sometimes it all feels crazy for one day!

how are you coming along? Did you see the DJ Yestrday? Did you book him n the end or not?

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

How are you getting on now? I feel like i'm in limbo a bit at the moment. Not a lot I can start planning as yet.

I'm not going with Crondon's dj - are you?

Although the three roses underwater are stunning - it can be a bit too plain across the whole venue xxx

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm feeling a bit stressy but I don't know why really. I want everything planned done and dusted ASAP so I can stop thinking about it. Was fed p whe we realised that V festival is on in Chelmsford the weekend of our wedding and the hotels have put their prices up, I had to advise all our guests to book now in case they all get booked.

We are not having the crondon dj, my oh found one with good recommendations so we decided to go with him as his reviews say hat the dance floor was packed all night which is what we want, not people groaning if the dj plays Aga do do do lol

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    Je55 ·
    • Hide content

Hi wozzle can you help me.....

we have our planning meeting coming up and I just want to ask you about the drinks...

1. Did you pay for the water on the table?

2. Was the bar open during the meal?

3. Did they keep your glasses topped up with the unlimited wine package or was it bottles on the table.

thank you love Jess xx xx

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    Je55 ·
    • Hide content

One more thing.....we have received the new menus and the latest price list for food, drinks etc for 2014. I have the paperwork for our base quote (not including canopies, drinks packages etc) with the brochure stating the 2013 prices. Do crondon honour the 2013 prices for the extras you choose or do they charge you 2014 prices?

thankyou xx xx

• W
    Beginner September 2013
    Wozzle ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jess! Good luck with your planning meeting! Can't believe our wedding was almost 6 months ago now :-(

Re the water, we had the unlimited package and it was def included...the bar was open (some people paid for spirits during dinner which was a shame!) and the wine was left on tables but I vaguely remembering them pouring ours but may have just been a top table thing?

Hope that helps x

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    Je55 ·
    • Hide content

Crondon said the bar will be shut through the meal service so I presume its open while you have canapés then shuts. Did you ask for the bar to stay open?

Water is listed as seperate so I am under the impression we will be charged as the price is per table.

Xx xx

• C
    Beginner December 2013
    Crondonbride1975 ·
    • Hide content

Crondon brides I have recently married at this venue and so many aspects of my day were ruined by Crondon park, I'm saying out of respect to you all please please please be firm and keep on top of them

I would hate anybody else to have upset on their big day

they will give you all the talk the day before but on our wedding day they followed through with nothing and really upset us.

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

Could you tell us what happened?

Im really sorry to hear you day wasn't as you wanted

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

Please can you elaborate a little?

• Catty30
    Beginner December 2014
    Catty30 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to hear that!! I hope you're day wasn't completely spoiled :-( what happened?x

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

Is anyone else dying to know?!?!

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

I'm dying to know too. I'm checking back every 5 minutes

• C
    Beginner December 2013
    Crondonbride1975 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry ladies to only just reply

the matter is being taken further and so don't want to go into particulars as was legally advised not to on a forum but I was not prepared to say nothing to you all.

crondon were amazing up until the very last minute and then dropped the ball, lots of little things not done, mistakes made, rude unhelpful staff, one member of staff even swearing about us when we complained on the day about a mistake they had made.

all I can say is set out your expectations, be firm, don't allow them to bully you, when things go wrong remember it's your one special day , don't try and be nice and polite about it be confident to stand up and say "we were told ABC and thus we want ABC."

im im not trying to scare crondon brides and maybe this could happen anywhere but if it was me I would want to be warned

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

• C
    Beginner December 2013
    Crondonbride1975 ·
    • Hide content

Also leave no gifts, cards , or items of value over night to collect the next day

these things apparently grow legs and walk away

assign a member of wedding party to take all these for you

• C
    Beginner December 2013
    Crondonbride1975 ·
    • Hide content

I've been advised that detailing events could be used against me as slander to venue

i want ant all crondon brides to ensure they had the best day possible though

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

That's a shame - would love to know more so that we don't have the same issues.

hope you get things sorted and it didn't ruin your day completely

keep us updated xx

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

I am really sorry to hear that things haven't gone to plan. To help put future Crondon park bride's minds at rest, I have never seen or heard of problems at this venue. Lets hope you get it sorted and it is a one off.

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

I am really sorry to hear that things haven't gone to plan. To help put future Crondon park bride's minds at rest, I have never seen or heard of problems at this venue. Lets hope you get it sorted and it is a one off.

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Andy. Its a shame we don't know details as it may not be applicable to us.

Either way i'm confident that they will give us the best wedding Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    Je55 ·
    • Hide content

CrondonPark1975 out of curiosity did you have the unlimited drinks package?

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

CrondonPark1975 - just wondered if you had any update?

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

Crondonpark1975 can you pleassssse tell us some more information.

I feel it's a bit unfair to come and tell us brides to be to expect a bit of a nightmare but not go in to detail. You must remember what the build up to your wedding was like and how nervous you feel at the best of times. Your post had made me feel more nervous.

thank you

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    Je55 ·
    • Hide content

Who is next to get married? I am on the 19th!!! So excited but so much Left to do xxxx

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How exciting! I'm on 21st couple days after you!!

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

Oooh are you both this month??

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    Je55 ·
    • Hide content

Yes April...touch wood I can't fault crondon with their planning. I have turned into a bridezilla and Kerry has been so quick to respond to my emails. They have put a new flower bed in the grass near the car park and new shrubs inside the gardens!! Hoping this heat wave starts soon lol xx

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep, I'm the 21st!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics