Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Describe your perfect life to me.

11 of February of 2014 at 12:24 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 46

Job? House? Where will you live? Money is no object.

I would have a mahoosive farmhouse in a small village with lovely school. We would have enough money for H to set up his own business building motorbikes and I would spend my time cooking, baking and tending to my veggie patch. Oh and we would have two dogs - Del Boy and Rodney! And we might have a small holiday cottage in Italy.

46 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 13 of February of 2014 at 17:58
  • *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

My perfect life would be completely unrealistic as I would like a house in pretty much every continent! For my UK home, I'd stay put as I am very close to almost of my family and friends and this is more important to me than living somewhere that I love.

Job-wise, I would like to work with a charity protecting orangutans in the wild.

I love that you have come up with names for your imaginary dogs, K!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I would live by the sea and do colouring in.

• Saralou39000
    Beginner October 2015
    Saralou39000 ·
    • Hide content

If I had all the money, I would do the obvious - big house, nice cars, few holidays a year.

But I would LOVE to set up a dog walking/dog sitting company. If I had a big house with big grounds and big Range Rover to cart them all around in - that would be a dream. No more office boredom.

• Saralou39000
    Beginner October 2015
    Saralou39000 ·
    • Hide content

Ha! Would love to! It's the simple things isn't it?

Good old stomp in the fields in my wellies all day with a bunch of dogs (and then a cider by the fire while the dogs snooze). Although being by a pool somewhere with alcohol comes a close second!!

When am I winning the lottery?!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I'd probably have several houses in different countries. My UK one would be near the sea and of course my family would live fairly close so I could still see them regularly.

We'd have 2 children, a girl and a boy and we'd be able to take them to see lots of different places and spend time with them outdoors instead of having them rely on technology like so many children these days.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Job: Owner/manager of a little tapas restaurant with a few rooms above for B&B. Boy would run an adventure mountain bike tour type affair.

House: A minimalist villa with lots of glass, modern art and a rooftop pool.

Where: Sevilla. Valencia at a push.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

...or I might run an Otter sanctuary.

With colouring in.

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content

A nice sized house, with a reasonable sized garden, enough to have a veg patch, kitchen garden, cat run and some chickens.

Enough £ to not have to worry, and maybe a trip to Italy once in a while.

Job wise, just a little something to keep me active, helping out at a rescue centre maybe. Or AC's Otter sanctuary. ?

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I would lovelovelove to own my own bridal shop selling dresses, tiaras, BM dresses, shoes, hats the lot. That is the biggest dream I have.

I would also love to have my own (sad as it sounds) cat sanctuary where any unwanted/unloved cats and kittens can take up residence and be neutered, vaccinated and be loved and have the best life possible with me. I would love to have hundreds of cats!!

I love cars and so does OH so would love to have a big house with a couple of garages so we can do the cars up in the warm instead of out in the rain! OH is also passionate about guitar so he would have his own studio and a seperate bedroom with his collection of expensive trainers on display ?

Never going to happen which is why I hate thinking about it!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

A biggish house, where I am now. Enough bedrooms for the smalls to have a room each, big garden (and a gardener to keep it looking nice), a studio for all of my craft supplies. H would like a trout lake, and to teach fly fishing/casting, with overnight accomodation for the fishermen.

I'd spend my days crocheting hats and blankets for the SCBU C was in, along with stuff for the local mother and baby unit, plus making bacon butties for the fishermen on H's trout lake, haha.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I would be an actual real life princess. 'Nuff said.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Hmm i'd probably love to be a musician, touring all over and being a millionaire. Running loads of animal shelters and doing a lot of good with it too.

If the dream doesn't happen though i'll be content with my otter sanctuary job ?

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

House

• 5 bedrooms. 3 of those ensuite
    • Office
    • Log burner in the lounge
    • Huge kitchen with a battered dining table and battered sofa at one end and an aga plus a range for cooking on, study,
    • Decent plot of land for my menagerie of animals and a vegetable patch/herb garden
    • Workshop and a couple of double garages for H plus plenty of car parking space

Animals

• A few pet cats
    • Some feral cats who can live in a ready made shelter with no need for them to have human contact if they choose apart from vet visits

Job

• Cattery owner or volunteering for Cats Protection

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I'd have exactly what I have now except that my daughter wouldn't have anorexia and my son wouldn't be asthmatic. Otherwise, life is pretty darn good right now ?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry to hear about children issues but in the spirit of the thread...

F*ck off now. You wouldn't change anything???? A nicer house, a better car, a bigger salary. Get out of it.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Lol, sorry but I wouldn't change a thing. I had stuff like that with my ex and none of it could make life any better. A perfect life for me is being with people who I love and who love me and nothing else matters

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

Aww Bekki that's really cute.

However, I am materialistic and greedy so I have a different take on the thread ?.

The last few years when we've been to Kos me and OH walk past this little white and blue villa by the sea with a vineyard next to it and a goat in a veggie patch and always says "if we wont the lottery". I can definitely see myself living in the sunshine, growing my veg and making tasty veggie moussaka etc. There's also a massive gazillion pound yacht in the harbour down the road from the villa that OH likes to think he could own one day so we'll have that too!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I can't help being boring like Bekki and thinking life would be perfect if H didn't have any mental health problems and I didn't have duff ovaries. But in the spirit of the thread, I'll say living in the countryside close to the sea in a cottage with a log fire with H and a couple of mini Peanuts, having enough money that I don't have to work and spending my days travelling or volunteering for an elderly/disability charity.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I would have a huge house with pool and gym somewhere in Central London.

I would fill my days with shopping, eating out, throwing big dinner parties, concerts, shows and travel.

For work property development or set up a boutique hotel.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would like a nice big house on the edge of a smallish town (not right in the middle of nowhere) but close enough to commute to a major tertiary centre where I will be a part-time consultant anaesthetist. Seeing as this is fantasy land, H can run his bloody chocolate shop that I won't let him have IRL. 2 kids and a cat. I will be a Brownie leader and sing in a choir in my spare time, possibly with the children who can be part of a mini-Von-Trapp setup.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

I'd live in the Lake District (probably in Ambleside) in a big house with a second set of cottages/similar that we could house my family when they came to stay and rent out all other times. There would be a big enough job opportunity nearby to keep H busy and I'd run a campsite (think multi use, tents, pods, yurts, barns) with outdoor activities available which my brother would run. We'd have a tea shop on site where we would offer a simple breakfast (bacon sarnies), packed lunches and tea and cakes for the afternoon. There would also be a big barn/building available for wedding hire at a really cheap cost.

We'd also have a flat in London, Norwich and Snowdon Smiley smile

• Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content

Twiga Giraffe sanctuary obvs! That would limit us to Africa. H would run a vineyard on the Western Cape and we would live in a booootiful house (on said vineyard) with no worries. We'd have a hot tub too.

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

ha I'm pretty lame and wouldn't change that much about my day to day life. I would be in the same area but in an amazing big house with a swimming pool with a retractable roof. I would still work but I would run my own company, or do some kind of "strategic leadership" whilst a host of managers and minions did all the hard work and would have many, many, more holidays.

I wouldn't want a home in other countries as I like staying in new places. I would, without exception, fly business or first(where available) whenever I travelled. We had enough airmiles from our wedding to fly business last year and it blew my mind. It was amazing but has now ruined all future air travel for me.

• Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Naaaaw sooooo cute ? I'd still need a hot tub though.

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

I'd probably remain in Cornwall so I'm close to the coast, countryside and moors. I'd like to live in or close to a village that has a good pub and good school. A bit of land with a few animals, vegetable patch and the house newly-built to our own specifications (but fitting in with the area).

Not sure what I'd do for work, I just know it wouldn't be what I'm doing now.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

We'd love to live in London or Canada, in a nice house (not too big though), have a decent car and good, steady jobs with a good chunk of savings, lots of cats and a baby or two. I'd run my own little bakery or just bake cakes part time. H would probably have his own business too if he could. We would go to New York on holiday as often as we could.

Our life just now isn't bad but if we could both have good, steady jobs it would seriously solve everything.

• Chippet
    Beginner January 2014
    Chippet ·
    • Hide content

Perfect life - H wouldn't have any of his health concerns.

Aside from that enough money to keep us comfortable and I could continue my job part time, my sister and family to live closer and a holiday home somewhere warm.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

My perfect life would be : a lovely little cottage with an open fire, with views to the mountains and sea. Could nip into any shop, money no matter and buy what I ever fancied like buying. Work would be something completely stress free- working in an animal shelter sounds bliss. Being single, just me the dog and the cat.. what could be more perfect than that ?

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I'd love to live somewhere with a sea view with a big roof terrace with big doors so when it's raining I could sit and be cosy whilst watching the sea.

A few kids not fussed on pets. Would love to not work but maybe volunteer in a charity shop or something. H would have his bespoke kitchen business but we'd have enough money so he could only do the ones he wants to.

If our families could be local then even better.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

A house that's not too big but perfectly kitted out - indoor and outdoor swimming pools (a swim pond for outdoors), a hot tub and Jacuzzi, bath, mood shower, awesome gadgety things so much so that I wouldn't know what to do with some of them - like TVs coming out of the end of beds, sound system all around the house etc and a fully equipped gym.

Job wise - working in a stables or a florists.

Where? I'd have a house here, just outside of London, near enough to get to everyone and a pad in central London so I don't have to cut nights out short. I'd also have enough cash to fly out to see family whenever I wanted to and enough time and money to travel all over the place.

• broganj
    Dedicated January 2017
    broganj ·
    • Hide content

We would move to a hundred year old farmhouse in Lincolnshire where my job would be to run the farm. I'd have 3 or 4 children and a farm yard full of animals. OH would set up on his own in something to do with cars.

• Perox
    Beginner October 2013
    Perox ·
    • Hide content

Nice big house just outside the town we currently live in. Enough space so that I can have a couple of horses, dogs, cats etc.etc. Would probably run some sort of cattery/kennels, and OH would have enough space to start up his dream job of buying/selling/doing up old American muscle cars. We'd have a couple of kids running around and have a place in Sydney near his parents, plus a lovely private jet to fly us over whenever we want would be good! Aah to dream!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics