Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flowmojo
Beginner

**Flowmojos Wedding Report 26th May 2012**

Flowmojo, 22 of June of 2012 at 14:10

Posted on Planning 87

Before I begin my report, a big part of it begins with this for those that havnt read OT!! We found out a week before the wedding, literally, so decided to keep it quiet from family until after we got back from honeymoon and surely a week would be easy. We were over the moon, shocked as we weren’t...

Before I begin my report, a big part of it begins with this for those that havnt read OT!!

We found out a week before the wedding, literally, so decided to keep it quiet from family until after we got back from honeymoon and surely a week would be easy. We were over the moon, shocked as we weren’t really trying and hadn’t planned on doing so until after honeymoon and it was very soon after coming off the pill but one the less..Ecstatic. Mr Fs words were ‘this makes the ceremony and saying those vows so much more now, as we will be the only ones that know’ ❤️

Anyway, I digress..

Thursday 24th May - T minus 2 days!!

I was up about the same time my work alarm is due to go off and once I realise, I relish in the fact I don’t actually have to get up so we laze about in bed enjoying the time we have not rushing around.

I head off to get my nails done at 9am, leaving Mr F sorting the garden... once I come back, he’s sitting on the doorstep looking out at his handiwork. I sidle up to him and he put his arm around me...’Just over 48hours to go now!!’ he says excitedly. I notice the change in him the past few weeks, since we started doing bits and pieces and things come together, I can see genuine excitement in his face, and in things he does related to the wedding. Makes my heart swell a little bit J I decide to wrap his pressies and write his card, which I find easy to do, its long, lengthy, soppy and a bit fluffy..Anyone who’s knows me and Mr F will know this isn’t what we are like in front of people but I find it surprisingly easy to write it!

After pottering around in the garden I head off to my salon where I spend 4.5hours being plucked, preened, tanned and beautified within an inch of my life. When Mr F picks me up, he looks at me, and says ‘Aright Essex!!’. All he sees is the tan and fake eyelashes!! I reassure him the tan washes off and won’t be as dark and the lashes, well, they are here to stay J

The evening was spent chilling out, ironing honeymoon clothes, catching up on TV we need to watch and general relaxedness. I feel the impending madness of Friday looming..

Friday 25th May - T minus 1 days!!

We woke up the same time as Thursday and sat watching The Biggest Loser USA...Mr F turns to me and says ‘Should we be up and about, you know, erm doing something rather than chilling out watching fatties?!’. We sit in bed for an hour or so, laughing, smiling, giggling like school kids and the ‘this time tomorrows’. We eventually decide we need to start doing bits and pieces and as expected we had lots left to do..

I head to see my family and drop off their thank you gifts, my younger brother, an Usher, asks what his gift for as he’s done nothing, and I explain to him the best man is currently a nervous wreck and that HE needs to make sure he gets everything done..Challenge accepted!!

I take my Best mate of 15 years her bridesmaid’s gifts. As she’s opening them she’s in tears and keeps. When she hugs me to say thank you she says ‘I have loved you for this long as a Miss P, il love you for longer as a Mrs N’. I hold back the tears and leave as quick as I can!!

Once home, we take half an hour before the task of taking stuff to the venue begins. We discuss his speech, honeymoon packing, things we need to get done and suddenly it dawns on us...we’ve left everything late. We laugh as otherwise we would cry!! Mr F even mentions Hitched and asks me if any other bride has been as disorganised as me..I can only laugh at him! The afternoon is spent to-ing and fro-ing from our house to the venue, dropping stuff off..We rope in the best man and a very good friend to assist and at 7pm, we sit down to have pizza. It’s nice to chill out for a bit, watch a bit of a TV, get out of the wedding frenzy. It doesn’t last long, we are off back to the venue for a final time to take last things and to drop the best man and groom off. Me and Mr F have a moment on our own and I ask him if he’s ok..I tell him it’s just me and him at the end of the aisle and to remember our secret...it’ll just be him, me, and pickles (nicknamed so as it rhymes with our surname!) he kisses me and squeezes me and tells me he can’t wait. I well up.

Me and my friend K get into the car around 945pm and she looks at me, says nothing, passes me a tissue. ‘Its ok F, you can cry’. Once home I go and shower, and sort myself out. When I’m getting into bedtime stuff, I notice my wedding card on the pillow addressed to Mrs N..I just stare at it and reality hits me, finally the months of calm, and no stress..the weeks been eventful with the BFP and doing everything for the wedding I cry a little, I’m overwhelmed with happiness J

I find it hard to sleep, mainly because of the heat, its silly hot. I wonder if Mr F is ok, what he’s thinking, how he is, if he’s worrying about his speech. Eventually, around 3am I drift off.

Saturday 26th – WEDDING DAY!!

I wake up at 710am, feeling surprisingly refreshed seeing as I have had around 4 hours sleep. Am pretty sure il flag later but for now, I need a cuppa. Getting out of bed my phones beeping like mad with good luck messages. I sit and drink my tea whilst booting up the laptop, reading messages on Facebook and writing some of this very report. Suddenly a notification pops up saying my future husband has tagged me a post on Facebook. He can’t, he doesn’t USE Facebook, ever!! It’s a simple ‘Cannot wait to marry Flow’ but to me, the fact he’s actually used bookface means more than anything. I text him to tell him his made my day ?

Me and K sit and have breakfast, out of the corner of my eye I see her looking at me..I turn to her and she says ‘You’re getting married today you know, are you ok?! Your’re not flapping or stressing or anything?!’. I decide the news of the baby far outweighs everything today will being...yes it’s going to be amazing, yes I’ve been looking forward to it for around 20mths but now, there’s a huge massive thing happening and I can’t help but smile and say ‘I’m totally fine, in fact, I’m still hungry, can we get maccy ds to deliver?!’

Around 930am K heads off to get her hair done, and my bridesmaids arrive, there’s lots of excitement and buzz and bucks fizz as we head to the hairdressers at 10am. They’d closed the salon for us, and got nibbles out and more bucks fizz, it was lovely and chilled until I received a call from Mr F..something’s wrong, I panic as I answer...’they’ve set the top table up wrong, it’s a line rather than horseshoe’ he gabbles down the phone. I Laugh..’Why are u telling me this!?’ I say still laughing. ‘Because I want the day to be perfect for you and don’t want anything to go wrong, you wanted it this way and it’s not, do you want me to move it all around?’. I smile, thinking it really doesn’t

The next hour or so was a blur, photographers milling about, the girls getting ready, my MUA arriving and general hustle and bustle. By now I was still calm, and feeling excited to see Mr F as I knew right now he’d be flapping about!

The time came to get dressed..now many of you know, since the start of this year I have had issues with my dress, resulting in tears after fittings and even searching for a ’back up’ dress. Even on the day, I still wasn’t convinced id feel ‘right’ in it. Until I put it on..Once I saw it on, with my make up done, my jewellery and my hair, it just felt totally right. Seeing both the photographers faces, and mums squeals made it even better. Mum hid behind the dress pretending to do up the buttons but I knew she was composing herself and trying not to cry.

To be continued...

87 replies

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Wow flow, that was a beautiful report! Congratulations, you look absolutely gorgeous and so happy.

I must have missed your big announcement in OT as I've only just got back off honeymoon (only 9 months late!) so massive congrats on that as well!

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

Flow that report was stunning!

You were stunning, you have made me sob like a child and I now have panda eyes (I really need waterproof mascara!!) Nuttyone just said to me how can you get emotional over someoone you've never met as she was crying too and it just goes to show how happy we are that you had the day you deserve!!

And congratulations on the new addition Pickles!!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report Flow ❤️

• SassyT
    Beginner August 2013
    SassyT ·
    • Hide content

I bawled!!

Flow, what an amazing report, dress, picture, everything...I can't say it enough.

Congratulations to you, Mr Flow and Pickles ❤️

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely report flow, I don't know what's wrong with me but I honestly just sat and blubbed the whole way through! Tears are streaming down my face!! You've just reignited my own excitement so thank you Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I blame my current emotional self but you made me cry, b*tch! What a lovely heartftelt wedding report. Flow, you looked absolutely gorgeous and I loved your dress (even though it was pink ;0). Mahoosive Congrats on Pickle too! Mwah!x

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

did the illusive Tricks just write MWAH with a x!??!

now THAT has made my day ?

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

Only for you Flow, only you...

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

Everything looks stunning Flow. Great report. Congratulations again ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahem!

Amazing report flow. And absolutely fantastic news. I'm so so happy for you.

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful, beautiful and beautiful!! x

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

My love for you Kharv goes without saying. Mwah!x ;0)

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

Oh Flow, i loved reading your report and i'm soo glad that you really loved your dress on day especially as you was worried about it. But the look on your BM's faces is utterly priceless!

You and Mr F looked really happy and i'm delighted to hear about pickles! ❤️

P.S your cake looks amazing!!

• anothermrsjones
    Beginner July 2012
    anothermrsjones ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely report Flow! You look absolutely beautiful and many congratualtions on pickle ❤️

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

Aww what a lovely report.

Don't get me wrong I read them all and love them but hand on heart this is the first one I've cried at. Everything in your day looked amazing, I love the look on your BMs faces when they see your dress and I love when you were saying your H was saying 48hrs and getting excited, can totally relate, mine has just started the 'one week' and its lovely to see Smiley smile

Massive congratulations on Pickles too that must of been hard to keep that a secret!!

S xx

• Cakeycase
    Beginner December 2012
    Cakeycase ·
    • Hide content

What a beautiful report! You both look so happy together ❤️

MASSIVE congratulations to you both on the baby news!!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I had a little tear reading this. Such wonderful news and brilliant report.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report- huge congrats Smiley smile - and i too love the pickles nickname ?

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report, you looked beautiful and so happy! Massive congratulations on sharing your special day with your new little one to be!

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

Love the dress & love the cake!

• Big Apple
    Beginner February 2013
    Big Apple ·
    • Hide content

When i joined Hitched your wedding was one of the weddings i had looked forward too, i'm not a regular hitcher any more but had to post to say congratulations and i hope you and Mr Flow and Pickles live very very happily ever after!! a fabulous report and what was no doubt a fabulous day!

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    Staceyhobnob ·
    • Hide content

Oh Flo! I'm blubbing big time!

Huge massive congratulations on pickles too!

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations Flow, on your marriage and on the baby news! Your report and photo's are beautiful, thank you for sharing Smiley smile x

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Yay! so amazing, looks like you had an amazing day.

Massive massive congratulations on baby flow!

• Rhys Parker
    Rhys Parker ·
    • Hide content

Congrats FlowMojos on the news, and your wedding looked great!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

*sobs into hanky*

Beautiful. So wish I could have been there. So glad I don't have to worry about keeping quiet about miniflow!

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on the baby news!! How lovely to be able to tell your child one day that they were the one secret guest at the wedding!!

Beautiful report and I love the pic of your bridesmaid reaction to you dress!! Priceless! What a great TOG!

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

Such a lovely emotional report Flow. You looked absolutely gorgeous and looks like you had a great day.

Double congratulations! Wish you, Mr Flow and Pickles all the best for the future.

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations to the three of you!

Fab report! x

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful report Mrs Flowrider, you looked stunning as we all knew you would!! Love love love your dress.

And congratulations on mini Flow, very exciting!! ?

• schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report! Made even more special by your wonderful secret! Congratulations x

• kathryn2010
    Beginner September 2015
    kathryn2010 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely wedding report xxxi love your dress

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics