Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flowmojo
Beginner

**Flowmojos Wedding Report 26th May 2012**

Flowmojo, 22 of June of 2012 at 14:10

Posted on Planning 87

Before I begin my report, a big part of it begins with this for those that havnt read OT!! We found out a week before the wedding, literally, so decided to keep it quiet from family until after we got back from honeymoon and surely a week would be easy. We were over the moon, shocked as we weren’t...

Before I begin my report, a big part of it begins with this for those that havnt read OT!!

We found out a week before the wedding, literally, so decided to keep it quiet from family until after we got back from honeymoon and surely a week would be easy. We were over the moon, shocked as we weren’t really trying and hadn’t planned on doing so until after honeymoon and it was very soon after coming off the pill but one the less..Ecstatic. Mr Fs words were ‘this makes the ceremony and saying those vows so much more now, as we will be the only ones that know’ ❤️

Anyway, I digress..

Thursday 24th May - T minus 2 days!!

I was up about the same time my work alarm is due to go off and once I realise, I relish in the fact I don’t actually have to get up so we laze about in bed enjoying the time we have not rushing around.

I head off to get my nails done at 9am, leaving Mr F sorting the garden... once I come back, he’s sitting on the doorstep looking out at his handiwork. I sidle up to him and he put his arm around me...’Just over 48hours to go now!!’ he says excitedly. I notice the change in him the past few weeks, since we started doing bits and pieces and things come together, I can see genuine excitement in his face, and in things he does related to the wedding. Makes my heart swell a little bit J I decide to wrap his pressies and write his card, which I find easy to do, its long, lengthy, soppy and a bit fluffy..Anyone who’s knows me and Mr F will know this isn’t what we are like in front of people but I find it surprisingly easy to write it!

After pottering around in the garden I head off to my salon where I spend 4.5hours being plucked, preened, tanned and beautified within an inch of my life. When Mr F picks me up, he looks at me, and says ‘Aright Essex!!’. All he sees is the tan and fake eyelashes!! I reassure him the tan washes off and won’t be as dark and the lashes, well, they are here to stay J

The evening was spent chilling out, ironing honeymoon clothes, catching up on TV we need to watch and general relaxedness. I feel the impending madness of Friday looming..

Friday 25th May - T minus 1 days!!

We woke up the same time as Thursday and sat watching The Biggest Loser USA...Mr F turns to me and says ‘Should we be up and about, you know, erm doing something rather than chilling out watching fatties?!’. We sit in bed for an hour or so, laughing, smiling, giggling like school kids and the ‘this time tomorrows’. We eventually decide we need to start doing bits and pieces and as expected we had lots left to do..

I head to see my family and drop off their thank you gifts, my younger brother, an Usher, asks what his gift for as he’s done nothing, and I explain to him the best man is currently a nervous wreck and that HE needs to make sure he gets everything done..Challenge accepted!!

I take my Best mate of 15 years her bridesmaid’s gifts. As she’s opening them she’s in tears and keeps. When she hugs me to say thank you she says ‘I have loved you for this long as a Miss P, il love you for longer as a Mrs N’. I hold back the tears and leave as quick as I can!!

Once home, we take half an hour before the task of taking stuff to the venue begins. We discuss his speech, honeymoon packing, things we need to get done and suddenly it dawns on us...we’ve left everything late. We laugh as otherwise we would cry!! Mr F even mentions Hitched and asks me if any other bride has been as disorganised as me..I can only laugh at him! The afternoon is spent to-ing and fro-ing from our house to the venue, dropping stuff off..We rope in the best man and a very good friend to assist and at 7pm, we sit down to have pizza. It’s nice to chill out for a bit, watch a bit of a TV, get out of the wedding frenzy. It doesn’t last long, we are off back to the venue for a final time to take last things and to drop the best man and groom off. Me and Mr F have a moment on our own and I ask him if he’s ok..I tell him it’s just me and him at the end of the aisle and to remember our secret...it’ll just be him, me, and pickles (nicknamed so as it rhymes with our surname!) he kisses me and squeezes me and tells me he can’t wait. I well up.

Me and my friend K get into the car around 945pm and she looks at me, says nothing, passes me a tissue. ‘Its ok F, you can cry’. Once home I go and shower, and sort myself out. When I’m getting into bedtime stuff, I notice my wedding card on the pillow addressed to Mrs N..I just stare at it and reality hits me, finally the months of calm, and no stress..the weeks been eventful with the BFP and doing everything for the wedding I cry a little, I’m overwhelmed with happiness J

I find it hard to sleep, mainly because of the heat, its silly hot. I wonder if Mr F is ok, what he’s thinking, how he is, if he’s worrying about his speech. Eventually, around 3am I drift off.

Saturday 26th – WEDDING DAY!!

I wake up at 710am, feeling surprisingly refreshed seeing as I have had around 4 hours sleep. Am pretty sure il flag later but for now, I need a cuppa. Getting out of bed my phones beeping like mad with good luck messages. I sit and drink my tea whilst booting up the laptop, reading messages on Facebook and writing some of this very report. Suddenly a notification pops up saying my future husband has tagged me a post on Facebook. He can’t, he doesn’t USE Facebook, ever!! It’s a simple ‘Cannot wait to marry Flow’ but to me, the fact he’s actually used bookface means more than anything. I text him to tell him his made my day ?

Me and K sit and have breakfast, out of the corner of my eye I see her looking at me..I turn to her and she says ‘You’re getting married today you know, are you ok?! Your’re not flapping or stressing or anything?!’. I decide the news of the baby far outweighs everything today will being...yes it’s going to be amazing, yes I’ve been looking forward to it for around 20mths but now, there’s a huge massive thing happening and I can’t help but smile and say ‘I’m totally fine, in fact, I’m still hungry, can we get maccy ds to deliver?!’

Around 930am K heads off to get her hair done, and my bridesmaids arrive, there’s lots of excitement and buzz and bucks fizz as we head to the hairdressers at 10am. They’d closed the salon for us, and got nibbles out and more bucks fizz, it was lovely and chilled until I received a call from Mr F..something’s wrong, I panic as I answer...’they’ve set the top table up wrong, it’s a line rather than horseshoe’ he gabbles down the phone. I Laugh..’Why are u telling me this!?’ I say still laughing. ‘Because I want the day to be perfect for you and don’t want anything to go wrong, you wanted it this way and it’s not, do you want me to move it all around?’. I smile, thinking it really doesn’t

The next hour or so was a blur, photographers milling about, the girls getting ready, my MUA arriving and general hustle and bustle. By now I was still calm, and feeling excited to see Mr F as I knew right now he’d be flapping about!

The time came to get dressed..now many of you know, since the start of this year I have had issues with my dress, resulting in tears after fittings and even searching for a ’back up’ dress. Even on the day, I still wasn’t convinced id feel ‘right’ in it. Until I put it on..Once I saw it on, with my make up done, my jewellery and my hair, it just felt totally right. Seeing both the photographers faces, and mums squeals made it even better. Mum hid behind the dress pretending to do up the buttons but I knew she was composing herself and trying not to cry.

To be continued...

87 replies

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

Looks like you had a wonderful day! I love all the little touches you added

Congratulations

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

Such a lovely wedding report ? gorgeous couple, gorgeous day, gorgeous pictures. You both look extremely happy and very much in love! Congrats on the wedding and the baby Smiley smile

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

What a wonderful report of an amazing day! Love the photos, brilliant!!!

xxx

• Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

Great report Flow!!! Pictures are amazing, looks like you and hubby had an absolutely perfect day, made a bit more special by your little secret!! x

First time I had seen your dress too - loved it, suited you perfectly! x

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations Flow - on a fantastic report and your baby news!!! Everything looks so good together and you and H look so happy!! Loving your dress as well, it's beautiful!! Jx

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

What a fabulous report. Flow you looked awesome. So happy for you and Mr Flow - YOU'RE HAVING A LITTLE TEENY TINY PERSON!! 'Citing!

• kookik
    Beginner September 2012
    kookik ·
    • Hide content

Awesome beautiful and emotional! Loved it congratulations on everything ?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely amazing!!!! Put's me to shame for not writing mine yet ?, but how can a girl compete wit that, eh? It all looks perfect Flow, so happy for you, x

• WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content

❤️

Massive congratulations Flow! Loved reading your report, thank you so much for sharing with us. And an even bigger woohoo on your fab news! ? I'm so, so happy for you and Mr Flow!!!

xxx

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

Oh my god!

First of all a hugs congratulations huni on becoming a mummy to be flow.

Now to go back and read your report.

xxxx

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

Huni your looked gorgeous. The model picture of your dress did it no justice. Nice to hear that apart from a few minor things at the start it went well.

xx

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content

Aw, what a lovely report. It must have been tricky to palm off all the drinks without being found out! Congratulations on your day - you looked really beautiful and, more importantly, very much in love. Best wishes for the future ?

• Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations Flow! Just sneaking on to see what's what and to read your report. Exciting baby news too! I knew it would all work out in the end, disorganisation is the way to go haha.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

Aw flow what a proper princess dress and finding out about the pregnancy just days before the wedding - magical!

• NewYearRose
    Beginner December 2012
    NewYearRose ·
    • Hide content

? Beautiful

Oh and congratulations! ?

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous report, massive congratulations again on pickle and the wedding!! x

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is absolutely stunning! you and your new husband look so happy together! congratulations of the baby too xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics