Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Hair trial and before and after weight loss dress *flash* :D

6 August, 2011 at 02:42 Posted on Planning 0 31

What a weird old day I've had!

I'll start with the hair trial, from day one I always had a pic in my mind of a gorgeous updo with a mass of like loops at the back. I have a real issue with my ears so know the tops at least would have to be hidden but i was sure I could make it work. So I went today and my hairdresser said ok, we'll start by curling it. As he was curling it every person in the salon started drooling over my hair and saying they wish their hair could curl like that (mine is mega thick and bouncy). I said that i didn't think having my hair down was very wedding-y and i wanted something a bit more 'special'. Anyway, he carried on and did the updo... and I hated it. Like can't stand it. Here it is...

Yuck yuck yuck. Sorry for the picture size by the way, I don't know how to shrink them!

I had pre-arranged to go and try my dress on after the hair appointment to see if it fitted properly as the loops had been fixed. So I went along to the dress shop with a face like a fiddle because I hated my hair. My dress was there and all fixed and cleaned and I put it on and it did up and I felt fabulous again! But still the hair was niggling at me, and I kept thinking about the curls. So I asked my mum to pull it out. I wanted to try veils too and they weren't working with the horrid updo. So, lots of tugging and 5 mins later (and bear with me here, it had been back-combed and all so remember that this is an uber scruffy version of what it will look like....)

I looooove it soooo much!! I never thought i would have it down, but i am so happy! And i have an actual veil! ?

And now for the weight loss before and after..... (sorry if before makes you queasy! ?)

And today.... (i know i still have back fat but hey, nobodys perfect ?)

And yes, that is the actual same dress!!!!! ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

AND!!!!! Its 6 weeks today (technically) until i can walk down the aisle it it!! Yaaay!

x

31 replies

Latest activity by Vampyrbuffy, 5 September, 2011 at 19:30
  • Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Your hair look lovely down. Congrats on the weight loss! The dress looks like it's been done really tight. If they loosen it about that may help with how the back lays

• Twists
    Beginner September 2011
    Twists ·
    • Hide content

Wow, well done on the weight loss!! And I really prefer your hair down too...

Out of interest, what dress is it?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Well done you on the weight loss! On the first pic, I like your hair at the back but it didn't seem to suit your face at the front but the way you and your Mum have done it is far better! Really, really suits you with hair down and suits your veil too.

• Toastcat
    Beginner April 2012
    Toastcat ·
    • Hide content

Congrats on the weight loss, the dress looks lovely Smiley smile And I prefer your hair down too...although thb, the fact that you just look so much happier with the hair down does make a big difference too! Glad it's all coming together ?

• F
    Beginner October 2011
    fatbride ·
    • Hide content

Congratulaions on the weight loss and your hair looks much better down. Im still undecided on weather i want mine up or down! x

• Cheeky_pie
    Beginner August 2011
    Cheeky_pie ·
    • Hide content

I prefer your hair down too!!! You look so much happier!!!

• K
    Beginner December 2011
    king george ·
    • Hide content

Your hair looks gorgeous down, much better than up I think, Lovely dress x

• vebec19862
    Beginner June 2012
    vebec19862 ·
    • Hide content

Well done on the weight loss you look amazing, re the hair trial perhaps have some soft curls / waves around the front to soften the look x

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

Your hair and dress looks amazing, and you look so happy!

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

So pretty!

Your hair looks so nice down & curled (much better than the up). And a massive well done on the weight loss!

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

Wow you look amazing, well done on the weight loss...I am struggling with the last inch! And your hair looks lovely down, you look so pretty.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Your hair looks lovely down, much prefer it. You honestly have done amazing on your weight loss and should be very proud!!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Go you on the weight loss! Fabulous dress and looks fab on you!! ?

• Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

Love your hair down and you look stunning. Congratulations on the weight loss. I'm being nosey but what diet have you been doing?

x

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

In the photo with the veil, you are positively glowing ?

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Your hair looks fab down and with the veil!

And well done on your weight loss! You look so happy in your dress x

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content

Wow you look stunning!! your hair was lovely up honestly but its even nicer down.

Well done for the fab weight loss xx

• D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

Wow you look very happy in your dress and your hair down looks really amazing as well

eek very exciting

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

You look lovely!

The dress could be an alfred angelo - i tried on one very similar!

Can i be nosey and ask how much weight you've lost between the 2 pics?! you don't have to say, but i'm trying to lose weight at moment (lost 2 stone last year but struggling to lose more). have lost around 7 pounds on WW so far in about 7 weeks, so just wondering how much you lost to make such a big difference if you know what i mean! MOTIVATE ME!!! ?

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Well done on losing the weight, your dress is gorgeous. I love your hair up and down so I'd go with what you feel most comfortable with x

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely dress, and hair! And massive congratulations on the weight loss x

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Well done on the weight loss.

Your hair looks loads better down, and you look a lot happier too.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Love it down , you need to take the picture for the stylist to see so they know what you want though

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

That's awesome! You look great in the picture with your hair down and the dress is gorgeous!

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

Well done you on the weight loss and the dress looks lovely on you Smiley laugh

I also think the hair is suited to you much better with it being down, its clear for everyone to see how happy you are (and that's all that matters, that you feel happy and comfortable) Smiley laugh X

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

Wow. Well done on your weight loss. You look fab.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Well done on the weight loss - that's amazing! The dress looks fantastic and I definitely prefer your hair down.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

You look fab! I think the hair looks lovely both ways TBH but it's quite clear you feel better with it down so that's definitely the way to go. Congrats on the weights loss too, I am 10lbs down with 25lbs to go, it's a long slog but I'm sure I'll get there like you did ?

• filoftus
    Beginner November 2012
    filoftus ·
    • Hide content

Congrats on the weight loss, the dress looks lovely Smiley smile And I prefer your hair down too...you look so much happier with it down, i think i am having mine down with maybe some extensions so the curls are longer!

Well done again

• Vampyrbuffy
    Beginner June 2012
    Vampyrbuffy ·
    • Hide content

Ur hair is nice up but gorgeous down Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics