Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

FutureMrsWilson
Beginner January 2010

How much did your gown cost? **Stressed about budget**

FutureMrsWilson, 18 of April of 2011 at 20:14

Posted on Planning 78

Sorry if this sounds nosy, but how much did your gown cost? Also, who was the designer and were you able to pay in installments? I've been looking at gown online, and I'm really shocked at the prices. I'm worried that I've not budgeted enough for my dress, and that if I go to a Bridal shop and admit...

Sorry if this sounds nosy, but how much did your gown cost?
Also, who was the designer and were you able to pay in installments?

I've been looking at gown online, and I'm really shocked at the prices. I'm worried that I've not budgeted enough for my dress, and that if I go to a Bridal shop and admit my budget that I'll be laughed at and shown the door.
I've even been looking online for used gowns, which tbh are more in my price bracket. A bit upset that on my big day I'll be wearing someone else's dream dress.

If anyone would be kind enough to share, I'd be really grateful and it might help me be a little more realistic.
Thank you!

78 replies

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

What a shame! Hope you find your perfect shoes though - have you looked on www.cinderella-me.co.uk

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Ooh no I will look now thank you! I have already got the dune ones that kooks has as her avatar and some next ones but i really want a bit of black on them especially now after seeing yours!!

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

I spent under budget!! I went to the designer wedding dress outlet shop in burbage leicestershire - they are all samples or one offs you don't know who the designer was as they take the tags out... I spent the princely sum of £300

there are some bridal oxfam shops that also have samples at very good prices!

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Vanillapod! Are those Dune's Karrie you have? If you do buy some other shoes would you consider selling them? I love them!

X

• M
    Beginner January 2001
    maysie ·
    • Hide content

I paid £55 including postage on ebay. I have a san patrick dress called barcares its a sweetheart neckline. Buttons back. Duchesse satin with spot tulle overlay its lovely. It had all the tags on and was in top condition. All the other dresses in their ebay shop i bought from was £500 i still think they missed an zero off. Its a 2009 dress and i have seen it priced at 1300 on an old cached google page.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love a bargain Smiley smile

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not sure if thats the name they are at my mums hidden from H2B so cant check the box, but yes of course if I dont get any more I will sell them. They are not perfect though, as I got them in the sale and the right one had been the display shoe, its not damaged or anything but is not "shiny new" IYSWIM. My Mum reckons its perfectly fine maybe I am just a fussy bugger! I paid £35 so if I dont get any more, and you want them you can just give me a tenner and the postage not like Ill wear ivory sparkly shoes again is it! ? xx

• L
    Beginner March 2012
    Leabee28 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is just over £700 i did like one that was £490 that was a forever yours but I fell in love with this, I didnt see a dress priced over £1250 and i went to about 15 shops.

We paid half deposit and have to have the rest paid by the time it arrives which is 26 weeks from order date.

My shoes nearly cost me the same but they are my wedding treat Smiley smile and couldnt decide between Jimmy choo's or christian louboutin's so i may of bought both oops Smiley sad xx

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

£1200

The most expensive dress in the shop, but I love it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics