Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

FunkyDiva

I am bored - show me your venues and dresses

FunkyDiva, 2 of March of 2010 at 12:36

Posted on Planning 130

Right I am bored, stuck in the house with a poorly toddler. Being as I have not been here very long tell me about your venues and your dresses.

Right I am bored, stuck in the house with a poorly toddler.

Being as I have not been here very long tell me about your venues and your dresses.

130 replies

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Ok then!!

me in my dress, still needs altering...

www.hadleypark.co.uk this is where we're having the reception but it won't let me upload the pics

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

Ok, anything for a flash!

• kandi81_99
    Beginner March 2011
    kandi81_99 ·
    • Hide content

Lumley castle for me.......cant find any inside pics!!

no dress yet!!

• FunkyDiva
    FunkyDiva ·
    • Hide content

Great choices ladies! Some fantastic venues and dresses here!

Jem179 - I live at the back of Hadley Park Hotel - we walk up there most days and go for Sunday lunch quite a bit too.

• sameeraraaa
    Beginner November 2010
    sameeraraaa ·
    • Hide content

• KateyP
    Beginner February 2010
    KateyP ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeousness!!

I especially love yours Sameeraraaa and Welshthistle lady!

I cannot wait to try one on, I think I will faint!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

This is my dress.... had it 6 months already, still got a year to go!!!

My venue is on the mood board below...

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

Welshthistle lady, lovin your dress, very similar to what I want.

Where's it from / what make is it? (If you don't mind saying).

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

shoegal- thank you so much for saying that, v kind of you ? probably should have flashed one of my pics instead of the model one...

Rae - I swear your dress gets more stunning looking everytime I see it. I absolutely LOVE it, total dress envy coming from me!!!!!

Everybody else - venues and dresses are stunning, I could look at these pics all day!!!!

• F
    Beginner December 2012
    fairyknicks ·
    • Hide content

Curly Panda! Can I ask a question? What colour are you having your dress in hun?

xx

• sameeraraaa
    Beginner November 2010
    sameeraraaa ·
    • Hide content

Clarem1976 your dress is beautiful! absolutley goregosu x

• KateyP
    Beginner February 2010
    KateyP ·
    • Hide content

Cosmo, where is your venue? Looks lovely. Is it in the NW?

• sameeraraaa
    Beginner November 2010
    sameeraraaa ·
    • Hide content

Www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=gabrielle&line=m&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=W9010

i dunno hpw to post the pic grrrrrr

• FunkyDiva
    FunkyDiva ·
    • Hide content

You all have great taste ladies! All your dresses are beautiful and the venues and all lovely in different ways!

RaeF - I love love love your dress, it has to be one of the most spectacular I have seen! Cannot believe that your venue had burnt down but the artists impressions look amazing.

Nicola - Fab venue choice. I love Majorca and the beaches are Cala D'Or are stunning. Beautiful venue with scenery to match.

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting quite into all this flashing!! Though I should be working of course...shhh.. I'm also not kean on the model pics she wears it so tight! mine is ivory. Your venues are all so beautiful! Dresses too, naturally Smiley smile

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Gillsy & Funky Diva - thanks for the comments on my dress. I have had real major wobbles over it so always good to hear nice things!

I am trying on the shop sample on Saturday when my flower girls go to get measured so I will finally get a pic of me in it! ?

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Hello! No it's lakeside tower but pretty nearby I think! How funny - have just googled papplewick as never heard of the venue but it's lovely and so like ours! Lakeside is an old pumping station just outside of arnold. Are you a fellow midlander? x

• emmy1979
    Rockstar June 2023 West Yorkshire
    emmy1979 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry slade - I'm at work! My cape is from Monsoon. £50.00 - bargain! I'm happy to share because I nick all my ideas from here!

• VeeDubLuv
    Beginner November 2012
    VeeDubLuv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Stazzle you look LUSH!

Love your venue!!!!! Hang on a min thats my venue tooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I get excited every time I see it!!!!!

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Oh how cool to shimmy out of home straight to the church - that's so nice, I love it! I'm in Notts too - we're getting married at the church on Derby Road in town then on to Lakeside - I know what you mean about them budget wise - they didn't seem too bad at first but it's really totting up there because they price everything separately - even each course. Am hoping to do some bargaining but am pretty much at their mercy now it's all arranged! Where are you having your reception?

I see it's not long 'til your Big Day - good luck! Are you pretty sorted now? We're in Aug and don't feel very organised still!

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

What a happy coincidence! I hadn't seen any Notts people either but haven't been on that much before now...getting completely sucked in though!

Ah, St Mary's is beautiful (I work down the road!) - went to a wedding there in May, it really was stunning - long aisle hey! Yes, we're at st barnabus, similar thing with the size, scares me a bit but we won't be using all of it of course! is that nottm uni? I also went to a reception there recently if i've got the right place - can't remember the name of the building. was so lovely, yummy food and big dance floor!

Are you going home after your reception or staying in a hotel? I can't seem to find anywhere as all the obvious hotels are hosting weddings! Have thought about park plaza but haven't managed to find a direct number for them. If you can recommend anywhere that would be great! Also did you find any hotel offers/discounts for guests? In the invite stage at the mo so was thinking of having a ring round... Hope you don't mind me begging for local tips!

• C
    Beginner May 2011
    Curly Panda ·
    • Hide content

Fairyknicks - im having the victorian lilac which is the colour i posted! i love it its a gorgeous dress and just a little bit different!

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Ah that sounds lovely! We did think about going home but know the house will be a massive tip after I've got ready there! But hadn't thought about making it special with nice sheets and bubbly, hmm... that sounds so nice actually, I may revisit. plus you can be carried over the threshold in your dress!

it seems a lot of the hotels nearish to us won't have us either cos of weddings or with clumber park spa place will only accept 2 night stays. Tricky. Should prob do a bit more research though, cos there may be some i'm missing - thanks. It just takes so long (doesn't help skiving on forums most of day!)

• Welshthistle
    Welshthistle ·
    • Hide content

Thanks KatyP and Nicola07! I found it pretty quickly so have had a few wobbles but I felt amazing in it.

Nicola - it's Alfred Angelo, it has a lace-up back and a small train. Good luck dress shopping!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

• K_Jackson_In_Waiting
    Beginner July 2011
    K_Jackson_In_Waiting ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

sorry to crash but i'm a notts bride as well =D lamby, i drive past your venue everyday to get to work!! i always think it looks so beautiful.

i'm actually getting married at gorse lodge in stubton rather than nottingham. i originally come from lincolshire so love the outdoors and gorse lodge has a fantastic outdoor bit with nothing around it for ages.

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Why thank you, venue twin!! ? Very lovely compliment ?

I know, I'm the same whenever I see it - it's just such a gorgeous place!

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

KateyP

Its the last drop village in bolton

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I am loving your dresses and venues girls. Any excuse to flashSmiley smile

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

Cosmo, my sis got married there.

Where abouts you from?

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi K! Have just googled your venue - it look stunning! Is there accom there as well? That's the only downside with Lakeside but I still love it! Your oudoor part is lovely - fingers crossed to us both for nice weather to enjoy the lakes! Are you using mostly suppliers in lincs, or any local?

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

My recently created Moodboard yayy!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics