Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hannah
Dedicated September 2023 South West London

Is Your Dog Attending Your Wedding?!

Hannah, 18 of March of 2022 at 10:08 Posted on Planning 0 3

Morning all!

I'm Hannah the Community Manager At Hitched! Wanted to jump on and wish everyone a great weekend!

We are currently doing some research on dogs at weddings (we've seen a HUGE trend in this!) and want to hear from all you lovely lot

Our questions include:

- Are You Bringing Your Dog to Your Wedding?

- Have You Ever Been to A Wedding That Has Included Dogs/Pets?

- How Do You Feel About Dogs at Weddings? Cute or Cringe?

We want to get as many opinions, experiences and advice as possible so please respond to this thread with all dog/pet related opinions! We want to hear it all!! Whilst you're here, feel free to shout out your lovely pets! Smiley heart

Have a great weekend guys

Hannah x

3 replies

Latest activity by Tammym86, 18 of March of 2022 at 21:39
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Yes! Our dog is going to be "flower pup" - she'll trot down the aisle with a floral collar and be 'getting ready' with Team Bride. The aisle will be outside on a beach and our small guest list know she'll be there. Our venue is on an estate, and my parents will be staying in a self catering cottage a couple of minutes walk from our reception area, so our dog will go back there when it's time for her dinner and back again for bed time later in the day, and at more regular intervals if we feel she needs a break. I'm fortunate to have a very dog friendly family, and my brother and a dog-obsessed bridesmaid have volunteered to share overall responsibility for our pup on the day - though many people will be helping out.

My family dog is quite elderly, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up that he'll be with us by next summer, but if so he'll also have a role in the wedding - I'm just trying not to jinx it!

I haven't been to a dog friendly wedding before, but as a dog lover I think they are so cute! I do think dogs in dresses is a bit cringe though...

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Unfortunately my dog was going to be part of the wedding but we lost him in August we got him a tuxedo and everythin so we decided that what we got for wedding we buried him in it so he will be smart in doggy heaven when we get married and still be part of it xx Also will be carrying a picture of him xx💗
  • Tammym86
    Beginner March 2023 Merseyside
    Tammym86 ·
    • Hide content
    My boy will be at the wedding, we specifically looked for a dog friendly venue, we couldn't of imagined having the day without him being involved

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics