Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flowmojo
Beginner

Jacket potato, beans and cheese

Flowmojo, 16 August, 2012 at 14:10 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 34

A random post, yes....but i went for lunch with a friend and had this, now me, being normal, puts the beans on the potato then sprinkles the cheese over. The women at the counter literally stuffed the cheese into the jacket then put beans on top, and finally a sprinkling (probably 2 grams ha!) of cheese on top..to me this is weird?!?! Anyone else agree?!

34 replies

Latest activity by Pinky6, 17 August, 2012 at 15:48
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Cheese first is good as the cheese goes all melty!

I'm not really fussed but given the choice would have cheese first and beans on top.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I don't eat jacket potatoes - can't stand them - but, to me, it makes sense to do it this way, as all the cheese will melt into the potato and be all gooey and yummy.

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

I had this for tea Tuesday, I spinkle cheese straight onto the jacket (after buttering of course) so that it goes all melty, then put the beans on.

• bailey25
    Beginner
    bailey25 ·
    • Hide content

I put half the cheese in first to melt in the potato and then a load more on top of the beans

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Defo cheese first.

As an aside, I have had jacket potato and beans for lunch every day this week! No butter and no cheese.... *is being good... ish!*

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Looks like you're the weird one Flow ?

As an aside, have you tried roast sweet potato *looks at our tickers*? Our group leader in SW used to recommend it but I thought it'd surely taste odd with beans and cheese!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

hah yes, i told Mr F yesterday that Pickles was the size of a sweet potato, his reply was 'is it now wrong i really fancy eating one?!' I had to question whether he meant a baby or potato ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Ahh the Slimming World staple!

I'm with you Flow - beans then cheese.

Although the lady behind the counter did ask me yesterday what order I would like them in - beans first or cheese first.

It had never occurred to me before yesterday to have cheese first.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Cheese, beans then more cheese.

Flow, you're odd.

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

Beans then the cheese on top... also what I had a for lunch today, the jacket potato was like the size of my head thou... stuffed!!!

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't say weird. I've had jacket spuds like that before and the cheese melts into the spud, it's lovely.

Argh, I want a jacket with cheese and beans now and I can't as I'm on this stupid "no chewing" diet from the Dentist ? I'm sooo sick of soup!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I must be in the weird camp as I also have beans then cheese, cheese unless on toast or in a sandwich is used for sprinking on top of .... no? spag bal, garlic bread, chilli, any other pastery dish, fajitas... and much more.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

No Flow you are right beans then cheese, same applies for beans and cheese on toast, always cheese second.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

exactly this Claire!!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Cheese THEN beans. Everytime. Got very mardy with the lady in the canteen when she did it the other way round... ?

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Indeedy do!!! And lots of it. So much so it goes all stringy and you have to keep winding it around your fork to get all the cheese on and in your gob!

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

Definately beans and then cheese, I don't like it when the cheese goes too melty!

• LauraC2B*2013
    Beginner June 2013
    LauraC2B*2013 ·
    • Hide content

I'm with you flow, beans then cheese! One place near me then tries to stick it back into the microwave to melt the cheese... this is just all wrong! You then cant mix the beans and cheese up as it is all gooey and melted to the outside of the skin!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Snap!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

No way, has to be cheese first then beans. This is actually what we had for tea last night, would get very annoyed if someone did it the other way round.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Beans then cheese. It's the only way.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Great, now I really fancy JP with cheese and beans!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I honestly never knew this was such a controversial subject ?

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think this sums it up. It depends if you are a 'sprinker' or a 'stuffer.'

I would happily stuff my jacket with cheese and top with beans, but if I'm trying to be good I stuff with beans and finish with a light sprinkling of cheese!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I'm really surprised by how many people have cheese first, then beans!

I have never seen it done this way. Not saying it's wrong - I can see the sense in it (although I'm not sure I'd convert) but it's a whole new concept to me!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I used to do beans then cheese on top, but in the last few months when we've had it for tea OH has taken all the potato out the skins, mixed the cheese in, put it back in the skins, put beans on top and then sprinkled with cheese.

That's too much effort for me so he does that and I do mine with cheese, beans then more cheese.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

See I feel the same, but the other way around! I never would have though people would put beans first, you have to put the cheese first so the beans help to melt it.

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

I'm with Flow, beans first then cheese sprinkled on top, I'd never thought to do it the other way round.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I'm very glad I haven't been able to get on hitched all day or else I'd have wanted this for lunch, and the caff downstairs is v expensive for JPs!

Im deffo, cheese, beans, then cheese kind of girl. And I think I may now have this for my dinner!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I can't stand beans touching any other food so I have jacket with butter and cheese and then the beans in a separate pot on the side. Perfect solution ?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Cheese before beans, always...love how it makes the cheese melt!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Inspired by this thread, we are now having JP, beans and cheese for tea tonight...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics