Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michele-Danielle
Curious July 2021 Essex

June & July 2021 Brides - How Are You Coping?

Michele-Danielle, 7 of June of 2021 at 11:25 Posted on Planning 1 84
Hi ladies,

I’m getting married on July 18th and I’m starting to feel stressed with the lockdown situation. We’re at the stage of making final payments and we can’t confirm guest numbers for caterers and the venue dresser.
If speculation around waiting 2 weeks before ending lockdown comes to pass - we would have just one week to make any necessary adjustments. The biggest reducing our ceremony from 45 to just 13!!
How are other June & July brides coping with the uncertainty surrounding “Freedom Day”?

84 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 4 of August of 2021 at 10:47
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I’m July 10th so I feel your pain! Can I ask, why 13 and not 30?
    I’m feeling beyond stressed. I’ve agreed that final payments won’t be until end of June (2 weeks before). At this point I’m relying on the 14th June update where if I’m honest, good or bad news I want 💯 certainty as to what weddings will look like. Anything less will be disappointing for my suppliers as I might need to keep to the lower numbers just so I can plan. Keeping everything crossed for all of us.
  • Michele-Danielle
    Curious July 2021 Essex
    Michele-Danielle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Annoyingly, It’s our venue. Normally the ceremony room holds 50, but with social distancing they’ve decided that 13 is all they can hold, that also includes the couple. We booked our wedding a year ago & they’ve only told us the massively reduced numbers 2 weeks ago after we had fully paid 😡

Like yourself I just want to know what weddings will look like - we will be going ahead regardless, but with only 11 guests our immediate families won’t be able to attend, that upsets me more than anything!
    Keeping everything crossed for all of us!
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg, that’s terrible very underhanded of your venue not to say anything until you’d paid. I just called my venue in a panic and they’ve confirmed we can have 30 guests incl the couple at current restrictions and have also said if boris doesn’t confirm either way on 14th June they’ll delay ordering our food etc until 5th July (latest they can).

Just hope Boris does better than I’m giving him credit for. Like you, as long as weddings are allowed we are getting married on 10th July. We won’t to move on with our lives. X
  • P
    Dedicated July 2021 West London
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    24th July here
    I think we are going with 30 and will zoom the wedding for others that can't be there.
    Boris is taking his time as usual and I feel.has given false hope early on. I'm so sorry your venue didn't tell you about the numbers till after you have paid. What a p*** take.
  • P
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it's the uncertainty which makes things so difficult. You just don't know how many to get ready for and how to see your wedding.
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly this! I want the opportunity to get excited about something be it no restrictions/ 30 people and dancing/30 people and no dancing- if I know I can work with the venue to make it special. When you don’t know you have no real choice but to lean into the bast case scenario which could leave some of us couples very disappointed . So difficult 😞
  • P
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes totally agree.
    And this man is so last minute it's crazy
  • D
    Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content

27 June for me - less than 3 weeks to go! I'm feeling ok - like you all I just want to know one way or another now.

We planned our wedding with Covid restrictions in mind so even though we fall just after the potential 'freedom day', we're still only having a small wedding. We've got 35 people coming, so we will only have to 'uninvite' (hate that word!) 5 people, who were made aware of that possibility when we invited them. We're also not having a disco so we shouldn't have to change too much about our day. The worst thing will be if everyone has to wear masks, social distance and be seated whenever eating and drinking Smiley sad

I feel for everyone who has lots of guests and activities which are at risk, it must be very stressful! I am stressed, but I think that's just normal pre-wedding stress, running around making sure all the last minute things are taken care of! Argh!!!!!

• Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    My wedding is the end of August and I feel stressed some days about the not knowing, if I knew what sort of day we would be having I would be more relaxed. Struggling to feel excited, il be on tenterhooks next mo day when Boris does his update.
  • C
    Beginner September 2021 West Midlands
    Claire ·
    • Hide content

Omg Michele Daniele! I feel your pain and i agree with other people that it was very underhand of your venue to tell you that after you had paid in full! I have a friend who is getting married on 3rd July and she has just resigned herself to the fact that as long as her close family are there and she gets married thats all that matters - i am getting married on 11th September so im hoping and praying that everything goes as planned - we did have a marquee for 400 booked pre covid so have already had to postpone and massively scale everything down to a hotel room at half capacity to 60 guests - although i am still making a huge wedding cake so that we can give that to people we were unable to invite! I wish all 2021 brides and grooms a glorious happy wedding day and every future happiness

• C
    Beginner August 2021 Hertfordshire
    Christina ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I'm in the same boat and finding this whole thing unbelievably stressful. We've postponed twice already so I'm not doing it again, but it's killing me not knowing what format the wedding will ultimately be able to take, how many guests etc. People keep cheerfully asking me what the plan is, and I have to act calm and normal, but secretly I'm dying inside as I have no idea and it really matters to me.

The worst part is not knowing what the "hidden" rules are, eg, we're allowed 70 guests (for example) but then it turns out the venue requires us to social distance so can only seat 10. Or not being allowed photos with even our close family, or have my dad walk me down the aisle if we don't live together. I feel really stressed about the whole thing.

• Jacqueline
    Curious July 2021 Buckinghamshire
    Jacqueline ·
    • Hide content
    Our wedding date is 10 July and this is our third attempt. We booked our wedding way back in March 2019 and it feels like we’ve waited forever. Actually we have as we’ll have been together 15 years in October. I feel unbearably emotional and feel tearful just reading these posts. We’ve decided we’ll go ahead if it’s only 30 as we’re sick to the back teeth of all of this and the stress is becoming too much. We’re second time around so been there done that but even at my grand old age, I’m struggling to deal with it. Choosing 14 people would mean dropping two family members which isn’t great and we’ve both got small families. I feel very sorry for younger people going through this for the first time, it’s just rubbish. It’s even more infuriating when I see the G7 members flying in from all over the world, no quarantining and no social distancing but my wedding is in jeopardy and I can’t go on honeymoon. To be honest, we just want out of this nightmare. One consolation is that our hotel will refund the money for any guests/services not used so at least it’s not going to feel like I’m being robbed whilst being f****d over which makes things a tiny bit easier not!!
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    For all of us waiting on Boris’s announcement later today 🤞🏾
  • Michele-Danielle
    Curious July 2021 Essex
    Michele-Danielle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s going to feel like the longest wait until 6pm 🤦🏾‍♀️

If social distancing is still required at weddings, it won’t change anything for us sadly 😢
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    Hope we all get some good news later, I want to start feeling excited and for the stress of what sort of day we have to go away
  • P
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    Totally agree🤞
    The not knowing will be over soon.
  • Michele-Danielle
    Curious July 2021 Essex
    Michele-Danielle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well that’s our wedding screwed then!!
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    😢😢oh lovely I’m so sorry.
    Can the venue not move rooms/ cater for a larger number than 13?
    Surely with the social distance rule of 1 metre for events means they can squeeze a few more than 13 🤞🏼
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Why is it screwed? What’s your SD number?

What even is social distancing? 1m/ 2m? So confused.
  • P
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Why surely the venue can accommodate more people now that he is not restricting numbers to 30
  • Michele-Danielle
    Curious July 2021 Essex
    Michele-Danielle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The only option we have is an outdoor space that the venue have. However, they’ve told us that if it rains they have to move indoors - and both indoor rooms can only hold 11 guests (with social distancing)

I wouldn’t feel right to invite 30 people to an outdoor wedding that could lock the vast majority of them out if it decides to rain that morning.
    I don’t think we’d be able to get any money back from the venue & even so, what venue would be free in 4 weeks time
  • Michele-Danielle
    Curious July 2021 Essex
    Michele-Danielle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They can’t even accommodate 30 at current rules… the room should hold 50 guests, with social distancing only 11 guests are permitted

We were only told this after we paid our full balance two weeks ago
  • P
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So sorry hun
    😫
  • P
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    Can you speak to them again just because of Boris announcement to see if they can even have u have a few more people
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do they not have a marquee on offer? 18th July you should be fine weather wise but for any outdoor space they should offer shelter if even for heat stroke etc. Good luck
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    Gaaagh! My venue coordinator is on leave until 22nd June WTAF 😱 ! So confused
  • M
    Beginner July 2021 South West London
    Maxine ·
    • Hide content
    I’m 17th July and this latest announcement has left me in tears. I still have no idea what our wedding day will look like, but if there is still distancing and no dancing I’m starting to wonder if I should just cancel everything. I actually cannot take the stress and anxiety anymore. Is anyone else thinking of cancelling/postponing?
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    😫😢 oh it’s so hard isn’t it.
    Would they let you have both rooms by any chance? I know 11 of your guests wouldn’t be with the bride and groom but you could potentially move between rooms. And if you go for outside then least you know they have a room indoors to go to.

You never know another venue could be free but would be a lot of stress and last minute planning. But losing all your money wouldn’t be great. Surely there is something in the contract as it’s bad they didn’t tell you. When we booked ours we asked if we would get a partial refund if numbers were to be reduced.
    Sending you a big hug. I’m so sorry this is happening 😘😘
    Beginner July 2021 West Midlands
    2003bluecat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re 17th and we’ll be looking to cancel if the venue will give us our money back.

Already had enough of guests messaging to say it’s good news as the limit has been removed when in reality it’s another 2-4 weeks of uncertainty for us.
    The joy of a wedding has been completely decimated by a postponement from July last year and now this, I honestly don’t know how others have coped having had much worst things going on.
  • M
    Beginner July 2021 South West London
    Maxine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am with you, I’m so sorry to hear you are cancelling. I’m the same, the whole enjoyment element has been completely taken away, I literally feel broken, I don’t have any excitement for getting married and it honestly makes me feel so sad. I’m sorry you even had to postpone from last year. I’m just sorry for all bride/grooms going through this, it’s honestly horrendous
    2003bluecat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. We can at least take (albeit remorsefully) some comfort in the knowledge that we aren’t the only ones. And it’s humbling to know many are going through much worst.

I am still excited to get married though, but it would have been much easier had the government relaxed the notice period rules. We would like to still get married on the 16th at a local registry office but will need to give notice by this Thursday which we can’t do.
    We should have stuck with our original plan back in 2018 when we got engaged and just eloped.
    2003bluecat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    And just to add, sorry you’re feeling like this. It is awful fir everyone going through the same. But don’t forget it’s meant to be your day so if it’s not going to be what you want don’t feel like you have to settle for it. We will no doubt be given everyone’s opinions on why we shouldn’t cancel when we let people know but it’s such a big expense and such a huge occasion we don’t want it to be tainted with social distancing and all the other rules on what we can and can’t do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics