Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michele-Danielle
Curious July 2021 Essex

June & July 2021 Brides - How Are You Coping?

Michele-Danielle, 7 of June of 2021 at 11:25

Posted on Planning 84

Hi ladies, I’m getting married on July 18th and I’m starting to feel stressed with the lockdown situation. We’re at the stage of making final payments and we can’t confirm guest numbers for caterers and the venue dresser. If speculation around waiting 2 weeks before ending lockdown comes to pass -...
Hi ladies,

I’m getting married on July 18th and I’m starting to feel stressed with the lockdown situation. We’re at the stage of making final payments and we can’t confirm guest numbers for caterers and the venue dresser.
If speculation around waiting 2 weeks before ending lockdown comes to pass - we would have just one week to make any necessary adjustments. The biggest reducing our ceremony from 45 to just 13!!
How are other June & July brides coping with the uncertainty surrounding “Freedom Day”?

84 replies

• July Bride
    Beginner July 2021 Herefordshire
    July Bride ·
    • Hide content
    Hey,

We’re the 31st of July and are having a private outdoor garden wedding, we’re hoping for 60 people which is doable now, but hoping that dance floors won’t be banned by then. Tbh it’s myself and my partner that are the strong ones, most of our guests are flapping about with worry.
  • S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    We are getting married on 29th July, we were finally starting to feel excited about it last weekend when we went to out venue for a meeting with the florist, at the end of the meeting she and various staff including the hotel manager told us the bride has to walk down the aisle in a face mask and they doubt this will change. I didn't think this was the case at the moment and bride and groom are exempt but they said that was literally just for the vows, we now feel awful about it and I left the venue in tears. Surely this can't be right, has anyone else been told they have to walk down the aisle wearing a mask?? 😭😔
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Check the Gov. website to make sure, but from the weddings I have shot the bride has not worn a mask going down the isle but the person going down with them has, and so have the bridesmaids, the groom also has not worn one whilst you are walking down.

It could be how closely the venue are interpreting the laws, perhaps some are saying that even though you are not taking any vows whilst walking down the isle - you are about to, so don't deed one. Couples are not taking the mask on and off every time they are not saying their own vows.

• Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    I just had a look , bride and groom and the registrar don’t need to wear a mask
  • Sarah
    Dedicated September 2020 West Sussex
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I got married in September last year with only 30, we were lucky and our day fell into the small window when we could do a party outside.
    I had the same conversation and upset at the time but what others have said is correct bride and groom do not need face masks. (None of the bridal party or grooms party did either and when guests were in their seats they could take theirs off, but this might not be the case now)

Also I would say on the day when you are there waiting to walk in the room are they going to stop you if you don’t have a mask! I very much doubt it, try not to let us stress you out too much and enjoy your day
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes that is defiantly the case but only refers to the time they are at the end of the isle and ready for the ceremony to start, nothing is said about walking down the isle specifically.

All the weddings I have shot so far this year the bride has not had to wear a mask walking down but everyone else walking down has - even dad walking with her.

Sounds like Sarahjs2021 venue are being a little OTT.

• Mrsa2021
    Dedicated June 2021 Cornwall
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We got married a few weeks ago, I didn’t have to wear a mask walking in and during the whole ceremony including walking back out. Only had to put it on whilst walking around the hotel
  • S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks all, I think I'm going to question it with the venue again as I don't think it's right. When we were at the venue the was a wedding on and bride and groom were not wearing masks. Hopefully things will be different after 19th July anyway!
  • J
    Beginner July 2022 Dorset
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    I was the 17th of July also but we decided to postpone completely for next year because we don't want to make cuts on our guest list. We have postponed 3 times now
  • H
    Beginner July 2021 Warwickshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    We get married on 23/7 and I’m beside myself as I’m hoping it can be just as we’ve planned but I will feel really mean cancelling some of my suppliers 4 days before especially as my disco didn’t want a deposit! People haven’t replied yet although I did give them until the 30/6 … I just keep bursting into tears every time someone mentions the restrictions and whether they’ll be lifted. Good luck x
  • Michele-Danielle
    Curious July 2021 Essex
    Michele-Danielle ·
    • Hide content
    So only we’re weeks away from our wedding and we *still* don’t know how many guests we can have for our ceremony & reception. Our venue still haven't completed a risk assessment of the reception room and we’re still fighting against the extra restrictions they’ve imposed.

All they have offered is a meeting next week to go through an email we wrote about the unfair restrictions and a full refund (inc non refundable deposit) if we wanted to cancel… which we don’t want to do, we just want something that feels like a wedding and to know how many guests we can have.
    It’s not that hard 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • Marcie
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    Hope your meeting goes well and the venue are more accommodating to your wishes x
  • P
    Dedicated July 2021 West London
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good luck hun
    I hope its everything that u want and that they listen to you X
  • M
    Beginner July 2021 South West London
    Maxine ·
    • Hide content
    Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could please ask for some advice. We have been ‘lucky’ in that our reception venue can hold our numbers, we do have to put some tables outside however (but we can come to terms with that) - however our Church capacity is only 96, and we have 144 guests. It means we have to ‘uninvite’ 48 people from the ceremony, and we are really struggling to do this. I was just wondering if anyone had a similar situation and what you would advise? I’ve even thought about them sitting outside the Church and us live streaming it, but the Church doesn’t have a licence so that may prove very expensive. Thanks all in advance 🤗
  • Michele-Danielle
    Curious July 2021 Essex
    Michele-Danielle ·
    • Hide content
    Just an update for anyone who was keeping up with the stresses lol

Our day was absolutely beautiful, we honestly couldn’t have asked for a better day!
    We were allowed to move our ceremony outside (it was also the hottest day of the year) and although we were only allowed 34 guests.. it didn’t feel small - the people who attended meant so much to us, and most commented on the amount of love they felt from everyone.
    Apparently some food based bribery occurred (so we were told) by some magic a camera facing door was closed & we partied the night away 😉
    We’ll get to see our official photos tomorrow, after all the fighting with the venue, our registrars on the day allowed our photographer to have free reign during the ceremony (whoohoo)
    I’m so glad we didn’t postpone our wedding, we couldn’t be happier with how it turned out
    2 weeks of marriage down & a lifetime to go 🥰🥰
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh yay ❤️❤️ Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you and that it went ahead and turned out beautiful. Ahhhh your married. Thankyou for the update, I’ve been thinking about you. I bet you can’t wait to see the photos.
  • F
    Curious October 2021 Essex
    Frances ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So pleased it went well! I was following all your stresses - glad it all came together. 💕
    Gives me hope for my wedding in October now thank you!! 🥰 have a wonderful first year together as a
    married couple x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations hope you both had a beautiful day all the best for the future x💗
  • Marcie
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    Aw so happy for you that you had a lovely day , looking forward to seeing some pics ❤️
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey how are you both feeling not long to go now x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics