Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

natalieexx
Beginner October 2012

***natalieexx's Wedding Report!!!!***14th October 2012***Long & Flash Heavy!!

natalieexx, 9 of November of 2012 at 10:07

Posted on Planning 77

Our background… We met in July 2009 and were set up through friends. OH is in the army and was based in Guildford, Surrey at the time, only an hour’s drive from where I live here in Kent. I’d gone through a horrible breakup and my friend wanted to cheer me up, so forced me to go and visit her...

Our background…

We met in July 2009 and were set up through friends. OH is in the army and was based in Guildford, Surrey at the time, only an hour’s drive from where I live here in Kent.

I’d gone through a horrible breakup and my friend wanted to cheer me up, so forced me to go and visit her boyfriend with her (now her husband, he’s in the army too!) on the promise that he’d bring out a “hot mate”! So I went with her and that’s how we met. It was only meant to be a bit of fun but we were smitten with each other and 2 days later he came back to spend the weekend with me, and drunkenly asked me to be his girlfriend in a club that night (cheesy I know!)

The next day I woke up wondering if he even knew my surname, and having a laugh with my friend about what had happened the night before. Neither of us thought it would last as he was being posted to Germany at the end of November but the more OH & I saw of each other, the more we fell in love, and it didn’t take long to realise this was more than a bit of fun!

He moved to Germany in November 2009 and we were both heartbroken but determined to make it work. And it did! We spent hundreds a month on phone bills and travelling to see each other and had an extremely hard 3 years but we made it.

In July 2011, just before my 21st birthday, he asked me to marry him. We were both over the moon but shortly after OH got told that his posting, which was due to end that November and him come back to the UK, had been extended for another 2 years! After months of worrying and trying to work out what to do we decided I would move to Germany and we booked our wedding on 4th December 2011 for 10 months later! The planning was put on hold as a week later my Grandad went into hospital, and sadly died in February this year, so all of a sudden we were in March and I hadn’t booked a single thing other than the photographer and the venue, so the planning was a bit of a mad rush at first! Plus I had to do nearly everything on my own as OH was abroad but we managed to get everything done eventually.

Around this time OH also had been messed about for the umpteenth time to do with going to Afghan (a stress we didn’t need with what our family were going through!) and he decided to leave the army. Now not only did we have the stress of the wedding, but the stress of him leaving the army, where would we live, what if he couldn’t get a job, etc etc… we definitely had a very stressful time!

Leaving the army takes months but we were assured he would be out in plenty of time for our wedding – how wrong were we! Some of you may know the stresses we had in the weeks up to the wedding as OH was still in Germany, so we weren’t sure if he would be able to have any time off for the wedding or not, or if he’d have to go back to living in Germany after we were married etc… he eventually got to leave 2 days before our wedding!! Talk about last minute stress!!

And the rest is history…

77 replies

• T
    Beginner May 2013
    tulleprincess ·
    • Hide content

WOW!!! You look absolutely stunning! I love your dress, you look like a princess. And your flowers are exactly what I want! CONGRATULATIONS xxxxx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments! It's quite overwhelming reading them all, I'm glad you've all enjoyed my report and photos, I loved making it and reliving the day again! I felt like a princess in that gorgeous dress ? xxx

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

Aw,it all looked fab, and youwere beautiful.

Loved your knickers too, can I ask where you got them from??

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

I actually made them up myself! Lol the knickers are £2.50 seam free ones from asda and I got the diamanté transfer made up by a seller on eBay for £4-£5 ? xx

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant!!! Fab idea :-)

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! I'd seen some white, puffy silky knickers with 'Mrs' on the bum in diamante's, they weren't that nice and were £15! I didn't want to pay that for some that I wasn't that keen on but seeing them set my heart on the idea of special knickers, so I went ahead and made my own ? it's silly, I saw personalised knickers being sold online for like £25-40! And I made my own for about £6! I think there's a business opportunity here lol xx

• R
    Beginner March 2013
    Rachel87 ·
    • Hide content

I love this! Same colours as I am going for so it's lovely to see it Smiley smile My OH is also in the forces and is currently out in Afghan which has made planning interesting!

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

Stunning! Congratulations!

• JuliaTaff
    Beginner May 2013
    JuliaTaff ·
    • Hide content

Wow!! It all looks amazing - LOVE your fingerprint tree - do you have a picture of it after the wedding? Was it very messy?! xxx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! It looks gorgeous!

There's one smudge under the tree on the left hand side, someone decided to do a big fingerprint in a stupid place, and his fiance (my BM) went mad at him and tried to rub it off... wasn't very pleased! But you can't really see it at all!

Here's the pic of it done and framed...

I took that to put on FB to show our guests the finished result. It's from a seller on eBay - you can pay more to have a frame sent with it, but we got this one from Wilkinsons for £7!

I had to add in about 5 or 6 fingerprints afterwards just to fill in the gaps and make sure it was even, but we're really happy with the result! It looks gorgeous in our front room ? xxx

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous. I love the pic of you looking out of the window. Everything looks amazing. Congratulations Smiley smile

• JuliaTaff
    Beginner May 2013
    JuliaTaff ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh it looks beautiful!! Are you able to tell me the seller on ebay? And which inkpad and pen colour did you choose? Love this idea!! Thanks for inspiring me! :o)

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-Fingerprint-Wedding-Tree-Signing-Board-Guest-Book-Alternative-/300756067014?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item46067562c6

theres the link. We chose the bronze/silver/gold finger pads and the gold pen ? a lot of people have contacted me for the seller too! Xx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Did that link work? Doing it on iPhone lol ill try again

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-Fingerprint-Wedding-Tree-Signing-Board-Guest-Book-Alternative-/300756067014?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item46067562c6

• JuliaTaff
    Beginner May 2013
    JuliaTaff ·
    • Hide content

Aw thanks - I'm just ordering it now!! I'm going to go for your colours as well, and I hope mine turns out as nicely as yours! Grateful that your frame was so cheap - before knowing that I might've paid the extra for the frame out of fear that I wouldn't be able to get a suitably sized frame later on! You've reassured me that good old Wilkinsons will be just the ticket! Thanks!! xxx

• Gemma88
    Beginner July 2013
    Gemma88 ·
    • Hide content

Wow!! You look absolutely amazing. Your dress is beautiful and i love the colour of your bridesmaids dresses. Big big congratulations! Looks like you had a wonderful day ?

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! It's funny to think we started off wanting a bronze colour scheme... the teal was an accident! But I couldn't imagine it any other way now! ?

• *RisqueM*
    Beginner August 2015
    *RisqueM* ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report, you look stunning!

• B
    Beginner April 2013
    Bridetobe13 ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous photos, great report and your hair and dress were lovely!!! The way you've done your hair very similar to how I want mine-curly/wavy with the front bit of my hair "up" so I can sit my tiara/headpiece in it.

Can't wait till my Big Day ?!!!!!

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Julia did you get the fingerprint tree in the end? Just reading back through the lovely comments and saw this one, thought I'd check!

• ShootingStar2012
    Beginner March 2015
    ShootingStar2012 ·
    • Hide content

Oh congratulations!! I absolutely loved reading your report and looking at all the photos - must confess it's the first report I've sat down and read all the way through cos I was completely hooked, loved everything about your day and you can tell how happy you are ?

Just a quick question, Complete Photography... where exactly are they based? Had a quick Google but couldn't find them... my aunty and uncle got married at Hadlow Manor a few years ago and it was a lovely venue then too.

Once again congratulations! Love your dress by the way... very excited to get on with planning mine now!

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Aww thank you, nice to know your Auntie & Uncle got married there! It had a complete refurb last April so prob looks quite different now? It's a lovely place ?

I'm not sure 100% where they are based because they came to me, he did tell me but I can't remember... here's their website:

http://theweddingfair.co.uk/

They were great honestly, great price and lovely to have an album and the disc of all the images included as standard xx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Aww thank you Nessa, it's so lovely as so many people have said this to me, glad I've given you all some hair inspiration!

I had a tiara, and then a comb at the back. They were both off eBay from a seller called mini_stars, let me know if you want me to find the link to their shop for you. Tiara was £14.99 and the comb was £8.99! They are made in China but despatched from an english warehouse so you get the price of chinese good with next day delivery! And they were great, all the bridesmaids tiaras and earrings were from them too.

• ShootingStar2012
    Beginner March 2015
    ShootingStar2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, it wasn't until I saw the photo of the sign at the front that I knew where it was, would never have recognised it! Thanks so much for the link, definitely going to check them out ?

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Great well if you have any questions then message me! They were great. I met with Simon who was great but on the day we had his partner, I think he was called Michael but he was amazing. We had such a laugh with him and he really was great! X

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Just realised I said 'great' 4 times in that last post lol really does get my point across ha ha x

• ShootingStar2012
    Beginner March 2015
    ShootingStar2012 ·
    • Hide content

Haha, you were obviously very impressed with them! Thank you so much, our wedding isn't actually until 2014, but I've just looked on their website and am very impressed so far. I've made a note of them in my 'planning file', hehe. You might get a random message sometime in the future ?

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha I look forward to it! Are you from Kent too? Where are you getting married?

• ShootingStar2012
    Beginner March 2015
    ShootingStar2012 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I'm from Tunbridge Wells, but OH is from near St. Albans so we'll be getting married there as I'll be moving up to be with him as soon as I can get a job there. Trouble is cos I know Kent I keep finding myself looking for suppliers and things around here instead of there! Guess you're from near(ish) Hadlow?

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha aww what a pain. I live in walderslade, just outside of Chatham. Near Maidstone if you don't know it. Takes us shout 25 mins to get to hadlow. It was the best venue in our price range around here! So underpriced for how amazing the venue is, they've realised that now though and put their prices up!

• ShootingStar2012
    Beginner March 2015
    ShootingStar2012 ·
    • Hide content

Ah OK ? heard of Walderslade but never knew where it was, lol. Typical! But then lucky you got in there before they realised then ?

• mandunc14
    Beginner July 2014
    mandunc14 ·
    • Hide content

Awesome report. I hope I am even 50% as satisfied with my day as you are.

Everything looked amazing, but mostly the fact that you let the stress go and were able to enjoy it.

Oddly enough I think we are going for bronze/taupe dresses with teal accents. LOL when I thought it up, I thought it would be different. Guess I was wrong! Perhaps its just not as popular here

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics