Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

natalieexx
Beginner October 2012

***natalieexx's Wedding Report!!!!***14th October 2012***Long & Flash Heavy!!

natalieexx, 9 of November of 2012 at 10:07

Posted on Planning 77

Our background… We met in July 2009 and were set up through friends. OH is in the army and was based in Guildford, Surrey at the time, only an hour’s drive from where I live here in Kent. I’d gone through a horrible breakup and my friend wanted to cheer me up, so forced me to go and visit her...

Our background…

We met in July 2009 and were set up through friends. OH is in the army and was based in Guildford, Surrey at the time, only an hour’s drive from where I live here in Kent.

I’d gone through a horrible breakup and my friend wanted to cheer me up, so forced me to go and visit her boyfriend with her (now her husband, he’s in the army too!) on the promise that he’d bring out a “hot mate”! So I went with her and that’s how we met. It was only meant to be a bit of fun but we were smitten with each other and 2 days later he came back to spend the weekend with me, and drunkenly asked me to be his girlfriend in a club that night (cheesy I know!)

The next day I woke up wondering if he even knew my surname, and having a laugh with my friend about what had happened the night before. Neither of us thought it would last as he was being posted to Germany at the end of November but the more OH & I saw of each other, the more we fell in love, and it didn’t take long to realise this was more than a bit of fun!

He moved to Germany in November 2009 and we were both heartbroken but determined to make it work. And it did! We spent hundreds a month on phone bills and travelling to see each other and had an extremely hard 3 years but we made it.

In July 2011, just before my 21st birthday, he asked me to marry him. We were both over the moon but shortly after OH got told that his posting, which was due to end that November and him come back to the UK, had been extended for another 2 years! After months of worrying and trying to work out what to do we decided I would move to Germany and we booked our wedding on 4th December 2011 for 10 months later! The planning was put on hold as a week later my Grandad went into hospital, and sadly died in February this year, so all of a sudden we were in March and I hadn’t booked a single thing other than the photographer and the venue, so the planning was a bit of a mad rush at first! Plus I had to do nearly everything on my own as OH was abroad but we managed to get everything done eventually.

Around this time OH also had been messed about for the umpteenth time to do with going to Afghan (a stress we didn’t need with what our family were going through!) and he decided to leave the army. Now not only did we have the stress of the wedding, but the stress of him leaving the army, where would we live, what if he couldn’t get a job, etc etc… we definitely had a very stressful time!

Leaving the army takes months but we were assured he would be out in plenty of time for our wedding – how wrong were we! Some of you may know the stresses we had in the weeks up to the wedding as OH was still in Germany, so we weren’t sure if he would be able to have any time off for the wedding or not, or if he’d have to go back to living in Germany after we were married etc… he eventually got to leave 2 days before our wedding!! Talk about last minute stress!!

And the rest is history…

77 replies

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, I'm sure you will be!

When we chose teal it was a really different choice for a wedding theme, I kept googling for inspiration and couldn't find anything to help and found it really hard getting wedding stuff in teal as it just wasn't a popular colour! Then last summer they announced that teal was 'the new and upcoming colour for 2013 weddings' and now everyone has it! Lol there's loads more available now!

So our 'different' colour choice ended up being a really popular one!

• Seaweed
    Beginner July 2012
    Seaweed ·
    • Hide content

It is all soooo gorgeous and romantic and lovely! It really made me cry!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you and I feel like I know you haha. And no it is not flash heavy! If you see my report you will realise yours is perfectly fine! lol

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Haha aww thank you, glad you enjoyed it, I was so excited writing it! So glad I did as it's nice to read back ? I would have flashed much more but I had to screenshot each image and save into Paint to make it a lower format as they were all too high res to attach! It took so long, I would have included all 500 if I could have lol

• Seaweed
    Beginner July 2012
    Seaweed ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I know what you mean! Mine were taking ages for the same reason so I ended up sticking most of them onto a pwerpoint presentation lol oh dear! After reading yours and crying I went to read mine and cry even more hahahahaha. You did not need any more photos in there! You put the perfect ones! It is all just perfect! And I can empathise with you....to a certain extent as we had to go through distance as well!! OH SOOOO LOVELYYYYY!

• Seaweed
    Beginner July 2012
    Seaweed ·
    • Hide content

OH DEAR! I just realised, looking back at the comments to my report! You had commented on mine and said you felt like you knew me! lol Thta's funny!

• G
    Beginner August 2013
    gylda ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Congratulations on your wedding day; your pictures are stunning (as were you)! I'm also having teal as my theme, along with fushia pink! I really like the card that's on your wedding post box. Can I ask where you got it from?

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous!! Some really fantastic photos and I loved reading all about your day Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sam12345 ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic report. Sounds like it was an amazing day and the pictures are lovely.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I love the wedding tree idea! thats very unique

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone.

The post box sign was from a seller on eBay called samanthaemma, I've had a look but she doesn't seem to have that exact one anymore. It's bought through designed by Brownings so I've copied the link below, it's their Elegance Collection and it's the elegance post box sign at £4.50. You get to pick the colours and fonts you want, they were really good!

http://www.browningsdesigns.co.uk/the-elegance-collection.php

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

You look amazing.

Love your report, love it all. had a little cry (happy cry)

thankyou for spending the time and let's us know how your day went.

i hope my wedding goes as well as yours.

x

• kindred_spirit
    Beginner July 2013
    kindred_spirit ·
    • Hide content

Looks like you had an amazing day!!!!! You looked truly beautiful and I loved your hair x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics