Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

OB
Beginner January 2011

****Official Secret Otter Opening Weekend****

OB, 13 of December of 2013 at 11:00 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 98

Sorry guys! It's 00:48 and I've just got back to our hotel room, it's been my works do tonight.

Right, it's officially the 14th and the start of our Secret Otter opening weekend!!!!!!

Assuming that CIAT's parcel at the post office is indeed her SS gift, then every single person has received their present!!! I am so proud of you all and so grateful for you being so cooperative and not shouting at me for harassing you Smiley winking

So here we go!!!!! I'm sure you all know this but we'd like a before and after pic if possible please! And then anything else you'd like to add. I'm so excited to see what lovely gifts you all have!!

I'm not cheating, I'm going to wait to open my otter parcel in the morning. I'm sooo tempted but H has convinced me to resist!

I'm sure there will be a reveal thread at some point, but let's focus on the presents for now!! Get unwrapping! Smiley laugh

98 replies

Latest activity by murphy88, 21 of December of 2013 at 20:21
  • S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

Awww, spoilsport - ☹️ I made a sudden dive for my SO present under the tree when I saw this post!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I was telling the dog (ok and myself) we had to wait until Saturday - MF tried to say we weren't allowed until Christmas day. Men are stooopid!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Do I get special permission to open mine tonight if I have extenuating circumstances (going away for my anniversary weekend and not back til Monday)?

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Maybe after midnight counts Peanut ?

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

Forgive me Secret Otter for I have sinned.

I was laying in bed reading and glanced at my watch. Seeing that it was past midnight, and thus 14th, I jumped out of bed, grabbed my parcels and tore them open (yes, I am a child. I am awake at 5am on Christmas Day, poking my nieces to wake them up and come join me!) it was only afterwards, that if remembered that my watch is actually 15 minutes fast, and it was not actually opening day at all. Oooops.

However, my presents are amazeballs, and my secret otter is FAB (so fab that I now know my otter is in receipt of sub par gifts,...why am I so rubbish at this!).

Chilli Jam (nom) I was going to make some of this, the post about it made me so excited, but I've not got round to it! Yay.

An owl decoration you have to make yourself - I LOVE this.

Page set of gingerbread house cutters. Eeee, H and I were discussing making a gingerbread house next week for christmas. And we don't have any cutters....secret otter, you are amazing or you have been inside my house! Hehe.

I am feeling so excited and happy right now (and a little but naughty)

Wtf, the photos were definitely taken the correct way up and were the right way up when I uploaded them. Bah, oh well the awesomeness still shines through!

Thank you secret otter.

Otter love x x

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

Loopz!!!!! Big smack for you! Naughty lady! Glad you are pleased though Smiley smile

Peanut, sorry I didn't see this earlier. If you haven't opened it yet could you take it away with you?!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Loopz I have joined you! We are off darrrn Sarrtth tomorrow and always on the last minute so I have opened mine too!

Secret Otter you have done very well for me thank you very very much!

I am look forward to wearing my new festive pjs and scoffing my chocs at the same time at the soonest opportunity I get!

I think my secret otter either knows me quite well or has excellent stalking skills as I didn't mention maltesers on my questionnaire but have posted about them previously same for pjs-they were on a list here but not my questionnaire- clever Secret Otter!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I have work all weekend so have opened mine too! I absolutely love my gifts (and so does my cat!)

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely love my gifts, thank you so so so much SO!

Also sorry for double post, doing this on my ipad (badly!)

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

Morning all!

Just opened my present - what an awesome present!

Yellow sparkly lemon Yankee candles with a holder. They smell lovely

thank you secret otter!

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

Thank you SS! I have a really nice photo frame which I will put some wedding photos in!!! I LOVE IT!!!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I was really annoyed at waking up early until I realised it meant I could open my SO!

My SO whoever you are you're amazing. I love my presents so much. I have some lovely chocolates, the cutest little notebook with my name on - I never find anything with my name on as it's so unusual so it's lovely to have it! I almost don't want to write anything in it!

I also have a gorgeous brooch for my brooch bouquet and as the gift tag says to bring me "a little bit of otter spirit when I walk down the aisle" I love it.

Thank you so much SO - I'm so touched with such thoughtful gifts it's made me feel a little bit teary! (Wimp I know but in my defence I'm tired and hungover :-))

Before:

After:

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I couldn't wait any longer, i opened mine as soon as it got light in the car! I am getting odd looks from H who tells me that "you do know it's not Christmas?!"

I LOVE my presents!! I have been completely spoiled and I think my SS knows me better than I know myself! I have a little Yankee candle, chocolate, face cream and purple PJ bottoms/leggings. Which are all amazing (candle is one of my favourite scents and the face cream is one of very few I can use) but my FAVOURITE is a pair of socks and a pair of fingerless gloves. I'm suspecting these are handmade. They are purple and the socks have snowmen and the gloves have cupcakes. I'm a complete sock addict and these are so fab. Even H and my brother have commented on how nice they are. (Although I suspect my brother is after my chocolate Smiley winking ) ps. This is an amazing picture of an otter!!

Sorry for the bad quality pictures I took them when the car was moving.

Thank you SS, you have cheered me right up!! Xx

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

We're out tomorrow and we've got our elderly neighbour coming round tonight for Christmas dinner as she will be in hospital over Christmas, so I've opened mine now.

Before:

After:

THANK YOU, Secret Otter - they're fab, and I love them! Merry Christmas!

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

First off thank you so very much to my secret otter, my present is beyond incredible. It had me in tears, you've been so very thoughtful , each and every gift is perfect. Thank you so much!

You've made my day.

You can see the wrapping to the side!

I got some bunderful bunny socks from Accessorize, a cute tin for my crafty bits, absolutely delicious Booja Booja Hazelnut Crunch truffles and some very cute bunny paper clips/page markers! My SO has been so very generous and thoughtful, thank you! xx

Thank you! ❤️

Have a lovely weekend everyone x

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

My SO has done brilliantly!

2 packs of chocolate coins, a pack of 4 festive Paperchase fridge magnets and 'The Blue Day Book'. There's also a lovely message inside the card explaining the gift choices.

Thank you SO!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Everyone has such lovely stuff! I need to stop lying in bed feeling rough with my cold and open my present!

Hoddy, your cat is too cute. I want another ginger cat

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

So here's mine yesterday before opening:

Here is JoeyCat helping me open it:

And here are the wonderful pressies!

Thank you so very much secret otter. They have done so well - must've remembered that I am getting white frames together for my wall of shame.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

A big thank you to my SO! I got received a 3D Father Christmas cookie cutter and a shabby chic sign. I am in fact baking this weekend, I may have to add some Christmas biscuits to the list! Thank you so so much x

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I was a lil bit tipsy when I got in last night and opened mine when I got in last night truly spoilt Smiley smile

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Whooo! I pretended it was Christmas this morning, so ate chocolate for brekkie, then got cracking on the gifts!

I got to this stage of the opening and creased up laughing:

Then I opened all my other goodies and was v chuffed.

Thank you very much SO! I will be putting on my glitter nail polish soon for my works do tonight. Might attempt to save the chocolate to last the weekend but making no promises. As the label had fallen off with my eagerness, I wasn't sure which present was for the cats, but I have to assume it was the little rainbow tie. But it is quite big, even when I adjusted the buckles, so maybe that was actually another gift for me? Anyway I decided it would now belong to the cats and duly presented it to them. Girl cat wasn't so chuffed and freaked out about her little pressie, but here is Charlie looking a bit subdued. Thanks!

• unexpectedpenny
    Beginner January 2013
    unexpectedpenny ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much! I love my gifts! Dave says a big thank you too! The reindeer will be eaten whilst watching Elf and wrapping presents later and the decorations are hanging on the tree already. Thank you again, perfect gifts!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so! I love pink and sparkly Smiley smile

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Will there be a reveal thread?!

• Sange!
    Beginner January 1997
    Sange! ·
    • Hide content

How gorgeous is that? How utterly overwhelmed am I with my glittery nail varnishes? I'm so, so pleased!! Many Thanks to SS!!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

How amazing are mine!! So awesome. I'll be trying out some of the crochet bits tomorrow, definitely! I've put the slipper socks on already. Snuggly! Absolutely perfect, thank you so much.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I totLLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!

Well, My SO knows me super well..not only because of the wrapping..

But also the super awesome gift!

I am SO glad i opened it today as i have an epic day of baking planned for tomorrow!! Some anughty little Otter has got my logo and everything!!

Thanking you SO, I have some theories on who it may be, il save it for the reveal thread tho!!

*bounces off in apron*

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Secret Otter! Some yummy Hotel Chocolat goodies and some gorgeous hand cream - really comes in useful at this time of year as my hands get so dry from the cold and all the washing/alcogel at work.

Just realised there are crumbs trapped along the edge of my table - ooops!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks to my Secret Otter! They know me too well as l am a complete sweet fiend especially for fizzy ones. The cats got a present as well. Loving the box.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely love my present... I'm so touched by the thought that's gone in to it.

Thank you so much secret otter. Both will be coming with me on my wedding day next year!!

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

thank you so much to secret santa .. I loves me socks and I didn't know galaxy did a white chocolate.. thank you once again ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics