Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

OB
Beginner January 2011

****Official Secret Otter Opening Weekend****

OB, 13 of December of 2013 at 11:00

Posted on Off Topic Posts 98

Sorry guys! It's 00:48 and I've just got back to our hotel room, it's been my works do tonight. Right, it's officially the 14th and the start of our Secret Otter opening weekend!!!!!! Assuming that CIAT's parcel at the post office is indeed her SS gift, then every single person has received their...

Sorry guys! It's 00:48 and I've just got back to our hotel room, it's been my works do tonight.

Right, it's officially the 14th and the start of our Secret Otter opening weekend!!!!!!

Assuming that CIAT's parcel at the post office is indeed her SS gift, then every single person has received their present!!! I am so proud of you all and so grateful for you being so cooperative and not shouting at me for harassing you Smiley winking

So here we go!!!!! I'm sure you all know this but we'd like a before and after pic if possible please! And then anything else you'd like to add. I'm so excited to see what lovely gifts you all have!!

I'm not cheating, I'm going to wait to open my otter parcel in the morning. I'm sooo tempted but H has convinced me to resist!

I'm sure there will be a reveal thread at some point, but let's focus on the presents for now!! Get unwrapping! Smiley laugh

98 replies

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I totally ruddy forgot!!! We got back from the xmas market and we sat down with a cuppa and i saw the pressies under the tree and got overly excited! Mum and H thought I was bonkers. Neither could under stand why I HAD to open them today but i ripped them open!!!

Both me and Baby Bass have been very, very lucky!

Here is my before:

Here is Baby Bass' pressie, a super cute Pengie outfit!!!!! How cute is this! and a dribble bib!

And my pressie:

My fave toiletries for some paper time, my fave chocolate and some snugglie slipper socks!

I feel spoilt rotten! Thank you so much Secret Otter! Im off to look through at what every one else got now! :-)

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

One very lucky Otter here! I am currently poorly sick with tonsillitiis and this has cheered me right up!

Before!

And after (sorry it's wonky!!)

I got a lush Cath Kitson mug for the copious amounts of tea I drink, some choccies to share with H (not a chance), a gorgeous reindeer that is now on my tree and a some treats for Loftus and Lola.

I have been otterly spoilt, thank you so much SO xxx

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

My Secret Otter is a genius. Or possibly not.... don't apply for a job with MI5!

Brilliant presents - thank you so very much.

On the tree with his little mates!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

And the deliberate mistake (which made me laugh!!! )

THANK YOU! xx

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

PAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHH!!

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

I'm so late opening mine!! Had a long journey back from the Christmas party then been rushing around all afternoon! Finally sat down and opened my gift....

Before (took this the other day)

And opened...

I am absolutely speechless. It's far too much but I am so grateful to all of you. I'm honestly overwhelmed. H came running down because I was crying and he was worried why!

I really don't know what to say, just thank you so, so much, you lovely bunch!

I love you all xx

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

Oh and now I've stopped blubbing...

Yum yum!!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I nearly forgot as we were out shopping!! Most exciting.

The wrapping on my present was amazing!!! All silver and sparkly! A very pretty box tied up with a ribbon and then individually wrapped presents inside. A lot of effort here from my SS!! I ALSO HAVE THE BEST PRESENT EVER!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Fluffy socks - Not one but 2 pairs in really cute colours and they have the none slip bit underneath. Perfect with our new laminate flooring.

A totally gorgeous Barry M nail varnish. The prettiest pink confetti polish. Cant wait to try it out

A lindt bear who I really don't think will survive the night I am afraid. He will lose his head shortly at least.

A bath bomb!!! I am taking a lot of baths at the moment to sort out my on going back ache so this is perfect. How did my Secret Otter know?!?!?!?!? The clever clogs! ❤️

I am really chuffed and feeling all xmassy and festive now.. Big love to whoever carefully shopped, wrapped and sent it. I hope they reveal if we do a reveal thread as I would love to thank them xxxxxx

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much to my Secret Otter! I love the wrapping paper, very cute.

I have a wonderful bar of Galaxy chocolate that will probably not last the night and some green tea with papaya, pineapple, raspberries, strawberries and rose petals. It smells absolutley incredible and I can't wait to make a pot of it Smiley laugh

Thank you again, whoever you are, I feel like one very lucky otter Smiley laugh

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

Well here is my gift wrapped up

And then a flash of the contents, which I love. I adore white chocolate but have so far resisted temptation and am keeping them for after my dinner, I may even let OH have one. But the best bit, the cross stitch kit, winnie the pooh is my most favourite disney character and I do lots of cross stitch so I cant wait to get started on it (but have to finish the birth sampler for my sister, baby is due in Jan, whoops). Thank you SOOO much Secret Santa, I am a hugely grateful otter.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Difficult posting photos on my phone so i hope it works... but I love my presents, tea bags for my bath which will be in use as soon as I finish tiling and a lovely smelling heart hanger which is already hanging up in my bedroom. Very thoughtful otter Santa x

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I love my secret otter Smiley smile, they made me an official otter with a pin and everything! And Wispa got mince pies! And I got a mug from my absolute favorite line of tableware, pip studio (I've made a wishlist for Christmas and it's ALL pips studio!), and I got chocolate too ?. I'm now realising that I didn't get enough for mine :/

(I don't know why they were upside down)

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Thank you SO. Hello Kitty goodness, right here!! I got a HK advent calendar, and a colouring pad.

My 10 yr old asked if they were presents for his 2 yr old cousin ?

I have lost them, to the kids, so thank you from them too ?

ETA, I promise I didn't try opening it before today, that is how my parcel was delivered to me. (top pic)

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I almost forgot about this too! I'd packed my gift away safely as we've been having work done on the house this week. Thank you so much to my SO. I am so delighted to finally have my something blue!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I luffs you Secret Otter! It really is the perfect gift, thank you!!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I'm so lucky. Thank you so much to my SO for the most amazing gifts. I absolutely LOVE them.

Before - much excitement!!!!

and after.......

I got a gorgeous Winter Wonderland Yankee Candle which I love. Cadbury's chocolate which is my fave and a fabby reindeer decoration with my name which I absolutely adore. I'm so grateful, thank you so much xxxxx

Looking good on the tree......

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Don't have very good signal so I can't post pics but just wanted to say thank you to my SO, I LOVE my gift! I got a Handmade By Ducky bobble hat which means my SO is someone who knows me well enough to know I love Ducky's hats and have really wanted one! I also got some Thorntons chocs which are some of my favourite chocs. I am chuffed!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Secret Otter (actually I know who you are!)

I got a beautiful pearl cluster necklace! Very very chuffed, I am back to work soon and able to wear pretty necklaces without A trying to eat them so it's timed just right!

I apologise for the lack of pictures, I took them on my phone and have no idea how to get them on here.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I am overwhelmed by mine. Thank you Secret Otter. Will get pics onto computer ASAP,

Thank you again!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Drunken selfie! Me and a mans best friend i.e fabulous sunglasses

and some random creature.

Thank you secret otter

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I've opened mine and I love it! Will post pictures tomorrow as my phone doesn't play ball.

I'm not AC's, that card was to her Secret Otter! Xx

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Secret Otter: before and after pics below...

Will be popping to Tesco later for supplies to impress people with cocktail skills over christmas.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I'm so late!! I had no time yesterday at all.

so, here we go......

yes!! My pleas for perfume weren't ignored hahaha!

im very very happy - even if my secret otter is a criminal hahaha

No idea why it's sideways! Stupid ipad!

thank you secret otter!!!

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

Will try to post photos later as my phone isn't playing!

I received some gorgeous Lindt choc which I am refusing to share with anyone!, some pretty earrings, gorgeous nail varnish and a cupcake which is a pair of vanilla socks......has my secret otter spoken to my OH about my feet lol.

Loved the care and effort put into my pressies.....Thank you Secret Otter xx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I've just opened my secret otter gift and what a lucky otter I am!

My secret otter must know me well as I got the most gorgeous cookbook and book about Ibizan food from the guy that ran the restaurant in manumission. It's awesome.

Some of the recipes look lovely and I can't wait to try them out, plus it's filled with loads of comments from djs etc at the back. I love it, thank you secret otter!

I will add some more photos in a bit but I have some clues to who my secret otter is! There was a Christmas card of the London skyscape so I'm guessing it's s London otter.

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Yay I finally opened my secret otter present, it's a lovely thoughtful gift of bath bags of herbs, and I am SO going to rock christmas with my cocktail skills from the cocktail book!

Well it will be boxing day as that's when we have a big buffet and drinkfest with the neighbours.

Thank you very very much Secret Santa / Otter not least because you offered to let me join in at the last minute and I know you already had another Secret Otter to get for (and I think I can guess who from the other posts in here haha!) She had suggested a charity donation would suffice in return for her gift to me which was a lovely thought.

Here's a flash of my pressies and also a flash of some cuddly doggies, one of which I donated to the local kids toy appeal on behalf of my secret otter (the other was donated by me obviously)

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Sorry haven't been on here in a while M was in Yorkhill hospital and hasn't been too well but just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to my SO.
    So delighted with my lovely presents, absolutely love them Smiley smile
    I got a lovely frootz set, percy piggies...both of which are suitable for vegetarians and not tested on animals so big thank you for that too, very much appreciated Smiley smile And also a bracelet which is exactly my taste..i feel like my SO knows my pretty well haha! really love them all and feeling very spoiled so big big thank you to my SO!! xx

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

I'll post the pics later but thank you so much secret otter!

I've got a lovely heart shaped tea light holder.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Love love love my presents! I got a shower gel and bodypisher, a little bag of my fave chocs and a gorgeous little tree decoration saying 'Seren's first Christmas'. So thoughtful!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

• BowlingBride
    Beginner September 2012
    BowlingBride ·
    • Hide content

I can't get my laptop to cooperate with my camera, but than you secret otter I love it all. My parcel had a reindeer wooden tag which is now hanging on my tree, a purple mug (my favourite colour) which says 'keep calm and carry on bowling' and a bath bomb. Whoever you are you've done very well from my very unhelpful questionnaire. I'll persevere with my camera to get some photies up but thank you very much x

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

Woooo!! Just opened my pressies and I LOVE them!! A goergous cream metal recipie book stand and a cupcake bath bomb :-)

Thanks so SO much to my secret otter. I've wanted a recipie book stand for ages!

This place and otters are ace!

Will post a pic when I can

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics