Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner November 2011

Wedding Dress deposit

sarahh123, 20 November, 2010 at 21:58 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi all,

Ive just started to look at dresses, and am just wondering what stores normally require as a deposit?

Its 11months until my wedding if that makes any difference

Thanks,

Sarah

12 replies

Latest activity by Little Madam, 22 November, 2010 at 14:42
  • Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

I would suggest that most (if not all) dress shops would require a deposit when you order a dress, unless you buy a sample which obviously you would pay for the dress outright. If you order a new dress you would put a deposit down and then either pay balance on receipt or set up a payment plan with the dress shop. You would need to speak to them direct as they all differ.

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

I've put 50% down on mine. They'll let me pay the balance either as and when, or when it comes into the shop.

• S
    Beginner September 2011
    Surreylass34 ·
    • Hide content

My deposit was 50% like the others above and I ordered it 10 months before the wedding. All the shops I went into were asking for 50%. I pay the outstanding amount on collection of the dress

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

My deposit was 50% to order. Not sure if I pay the balance when it comes in or when I take it home though... Should probably check that hehe.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I put 50% down on mine.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I was also 50% with another 25% at first fitting and the last 25% on collection. This sum included the altarations added at the first fitting

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I put down 50% when I ordered and paid the balance when I collected the dress.

The store I bought from could also do an informal 'payment plan' too. Whereby you could pay an amount each month until the balance was settled.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

My deposit was 150, and the dress cost 600(half price sale wahooooooo!) so it does depend on where u get it from!!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I had to pay the full amount for my dress as it was a sample, but managed to get £700 knocked off!

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I had to pay 50% for my dress before they would place the order. I'm paying it up each month so it has just been ordered after i reached the half way mark Smiley smile

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I put 25% deposit, I pay 50% when it comes in (before it is altered) and then 25% when I take it from the shop.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics