Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2012

Wedding Dress Factory Outlet Leicestershire

Meggiemoo1981, 1 November, 2011 at 20:38 Posted on Planning 0 6

Has anyone been to the Wedding Dress Factory Outlet in Leicestershire? I'm tempted to go but it's quite far to go if it's no good!! Worth a punt?!

6 replies

Latest activity by Mrs P 2 B, 2 November, 2011 at 13:57
  • Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I live in the Leicestershire area and recently went with my friend, they were really nice and had quite a range/selection of dresses. I'm sure that other hitchers have been too. So hopefully they will comment on their experience. How far would you be travelling? I have heard other good reviews about them.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I went and found there wasn't much of a selection of sizes 8-10 or 18+ so I think it really depends what sort of size you would need. I spoke to the lady and she said it was those inbetween sizes that they have far more stock of. The dresses were all very similar, they were very nice but none of them were for me. It also depends on your budget, if you don't want to spend too much on a dress these would be perfect

• Charlie-Lou
    Beginner June 2012
    Charlie-Lou ·
    • Hide content

I live about 3 minutes from where it is and in all honestly i felt like that was a wasted trip, the dresses were all pretty much the same, there were pull threads on about 5 dresses i looked at, and if you brought one you would definately need to get it cleaned too, positives the staff were nice and its cheap.

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I thought it was good, although for me looking for a coloured dress, there wasn't much choice. They are all ex-display, end of range and may have been used in photo shoots or catwalks hence some of them may need cleaning, but for the price that you pay with some of them, it's worth a look. I travelled up from Northampton and even went back again with my friend and although she was really fussy with what she wanted to wear, she found lots to try on.

• H
    Beginner June 2012
    HelDR ·
    • Hide content

I went and actually got a dress from there.

I'm a size 12 and picked out quite a lot of dresses to try (went in August) however, the styles were all quite similar such as strapless. I was quite happy about this as thought it was what i wanted however, in the end they didn't suit me. There was then a rail of mixed sizes and styles which were a bit more different, my mum and i picked out a dress which we thought looked nice on the hanger but that it was a little bit too much for me but it ended up fitting (within reason) and i love it.

I haven't got any photos of me wearing it but hopefully you'll be able to see this -

• E
    Beginner March 2012
    Emsypooh ·
    • Hide content

I went and got my dress there. There are a limited number of size 6/8 but I still found something and the people are very helpful. Was well worth the drive as dress was £399.

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooo and me! ? I have to say that when i went i really hated it .. sorry!! I found all the dresses to look imported and look cheap.. there wasn't any from closing down shops but it depends on when you go and what they got.. i also hated the changing room.. honestly she made me strip in full view of everyone! and then you had to push past everyone to get to a mirror.. the whole experience just wasn't for me.

However saying all the above HeIDR you dress is stunning! There was nothing at all like that when i went.. just luck of the draw i guess.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics