Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pauline
Beginner November 2022 Cheshire

Wedding favours

Pauline, 9 of May of 2022 at 13:51 Posted on Planning 1 43
Hey ladies, looking for some inspiration for wedding favours… what’s everyone else planning??

43 replies

Latest activity by Bernalex, 23 of May of 2022 at 23:42
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We did wax melts, we had them on hear shapes in our perfume and aftershave scents and then popped a burner in the bag aswell, it went down really well and we have had so many comments saying how different it is and peopel love the smells

• Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

We are also doing this! Smiley smile

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

We're erring against doing favours Smiley surprise

I've seen a lot about how favours are so often not appreciated/left behind... and a lot of cheap tat is still a couple of pounds per person so that adds up real fast! We'd rather put that budget towards something fun on the day e.g. we can get an hour of unlimited ice cream with 6 flavours to chose from for £200 which I think on a hot (hopefully!) summers day on the beach would go down way better than whatever favour we could get for that price.

That being said, if we find ourselves feeling flush with leftover budget, we may do something - but thinking something like candles that if many get left behind we would happily take home and use ourselves.

• Sinéad
    Dedicated October 2022 Cork
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    We aren't doing wedding favours. There is going to be a sweet cart at the drinks reception so I ordered some personalised love heart sweets to add to that . I ordered them from esty and the delivery was quick enough.
    Wedding favours 1

• Richard
    Dedicated May 2022 Berkshire
    Richard ·
    • Hide content
    We are doing tonys chocolate bars. They let you design your own wrapper. This was the only thing we could think that every one would want and hopefully not leave behind.

We did think about a quiz and giving money from the cost of favours to whatever charity the winning team picked
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    We are doing the Love Heart sweets as well and have had the wrapper personalised -we purchased from the company direct. We are putting them in little bags with jelly babies as well as these were the sweets my fiancé gave to me when we first dating!
  • Lauren
    Beginner June 2023 Warwickshire
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    We’re doing personalised cookies made by mum’s friend 😊
  • Lex
    Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Lex ·
    • Hide content
    We’ve got a sweet cart for the reception and are doing a shot of alcohol for everyone “Take a shot, we tied the knot” (bulk buy vodka from CostCo and cheap miniature plastic bottles from Amazon!)
  • Nicola
    Beginner June 2024 Powys
    Nicola ·
    • Hide content
    We are making wood cookies with names on (doubled up as place names and favours) then attaching a little hessian bag and putting heart chocolates or sweets inside. We are getting the wood from my fiancés grandads farm, I’m writing the names on myself with my pyrography pen, then the bags and sweets will cost around £30 altogether
  • Anonbride
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh these are so cute!!

• Anonbride
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great idea! I've seen these pre-made but your DIY cost saving version is genius!!

• Sinéad
    Dedicated October 2022 Cork
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank Chloe 💖 I just thought they would be nice. I was looking at favours and they were quite expensive and no guarantee the guest will take them home .
  • Carly
    Beginner July 2022 Hertfordshire
    Carly ·
    • Hide content

We're getting from here https://shop.cancerresearchuk.org/charity-wedding-favours

Cheap and all proceeds to charity

Close to most peoples hearts

Males can instantly pin to their ties and women to their outfit (so not left behind)

Win win all round for us! We've asked for donations too for anyone wanting to give in lieu of a gift and getting our confetti from here too!

• Kate7695
    Dedicated May 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    We had an afternoon tea and the cakestands used were our favours. There were none left at the end of the day.
  • Jess
    Beginner June 2022 Cheshire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    We have got the personalised love hearts and we are having a vintage afternoon tea so we are doing some candles in the spare teacups.
  • Pauline
    Beginner November 2022 Cheshire
    Pauline ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love this xx
  • Romanticpurplediamonds32382
    Dedicated April 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Romanticpurplediamonds32382 ·
    • Hide content
    We just did cupcakes on the table as our cake maker made them with our wedding cake then the actual bridal party personalized items . That with the sweet kart was enough really
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

We have decided against favours. I have heard that they often get left behind and with a guest list of 70, even if we only spent £2 per person it would be £140, which could go towards something that will be appreciated more.

We are doing gifts for the bridal party and I am also going to put together baskets of toiletries to go in the bathrooms.

• A
    Savvy May 2022 Norfolk
    Ana ·
    • Hide content
    Wedding favours 2
    We had for our wedding some keys and also bottle opener and a thank you bag 😊Wedding favours 3

• Jamie
    Dedicated October 2022 Argyll
    Jamie ·
    • Hide content

We're doing Tunnocks teacakes at every place setting, as they're Scottish (and we're getting married in Scotland), and nice and affordable. We didn't want to buy something that gets left behind, and I've yet to come across someone who doesn't appreciate a Tunnocks teacake! (I'm sure I'll find someone lol)

• Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    We’ve made a charity donation instead of favours and will just have some little cards on the tables to tell people that. If I was going to do them though, I’d def go for something that can be eaten/drunk!
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    I’m not having favours at my wedding but I saw a really beautiful idea and it was was dome candles with a wood coaster and it had the couples names on a tag wrapped in twine. Thought it was really beautiful and rustic
  • M
    Beginner March 2023 Essex
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I am going to donate to charity in lieu of favours.
  • Sophie
    Savvy November 2023 Derbyshire
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    We’re not sure if we’ll do favours but if we do we’re going with something like this. A small, wrapped chocolate with a customised wrapper. They aren’t very expensive on Etsy and most people will eat theirs, any that are leftover will come home and we can eat them 😊 it’s only £26 for 60 so they’re a good price.

Wedding favours 4

• Lily
    Beginner June 2024 Berkshire
    Lily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this idea! May have to copy it Smiley smile

• Victoria
    Curious April 2022 North Yorkshire
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    Wedding favours 5
    We bought an ink stamp from a local shop and then stamped a load of cardboard favour boxes and filled them with m&ms. Was fairly cheap (about £35 for 80 people… not including the cost of the stamp, which we used on the place settings too) and we really liked the rustic look (the photos were the practice ones)
  • C
    Beginner August 2022 Hertfordshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    We’re doing little boxes with a couple of macarons. Everyone close to us knows how much I love them so it felt a bit personal, and I feel like food items are usually eaten there and then which means they hopefully won’t go to waste!
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated July 2022 Durham
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Yeah, we were against favours but then after a good think for cheap options, as they do get left behind sometimes like Chloe stated above, we opted for tunnocks teacakes as well, listed above for same reason, Scottish wedding, they're cheap and everyone loves them.. Haha x
  • Bobs
    Curious August 2023 South West London
    Bobs ·
    • Hide content
    We’re thinking of getting the lady who does our cake to also make mini macaroons for our guests. I think mini macaroons most people will take home with them! x
  • HARRIET
    Beginner May 2023 Kent
    HARRIET ·
    • Hide content
    I completely agree with everyone saying they can be seen a “cheap” and wasteful. We’re trying to have a more sustainable wedding, so we’re getting small fruit tree saplings in various fruits (only about 60cm-80cm tall) that guests can take home, it’s not wasteful and forever they’ll have a lovely fruit tree that hopefully their family can eat from!! I’ve had a look online and a lot of garden centre/garden wholesalers will do around 60 for £70 x
  • Emily
    Merseyside
    Emily ·
    • Hide content

If you like the idea of something personalised these are great especially for foodie guests! https://www.seasonedpioneers.com/the-knowledge/truly-original-wedding-favours/

Wedding favours 6

• L
    Beginner July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    We are doing jam jars with spread the love sticker and out names. My farther in law will make the jam. Fit the children we are doing activity packs to keep them busy

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics