Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HatTrick
Beginner September 2010

What do you define as 'chavy'

HatTrick, 24 February, 2012 at 15:31

Posted on Off Topic Posts 55

Very judgemental I know, but I'm wondering if I meet any of your criteria ? My (what I would class as a model of all chavs) neighbour called me a chav because of the way I drive my car and because I wear leggings? ?

Very judgemental I know, but I'm wondering if I meet any of your criteria ?

My (what I would class as a model of all chavs) neighbour called me a chav because of the way I drive my car and because I wear leggings? ?

55 replies

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The only one I go into is nice. Oh well, looks like I'm in the lead for the Chav award ?

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

People who use text speak on phones or anywhere else.

slapped back hair and foundation 2 shades too dark with too much jewellery tracksuit andand Pauls Boutique handbag (Cher Lloyd pre makeover)

screaming and swearing at their kids in the middle of the street/bus/supermarket

living your daily dramas on FB with no shame!

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

I'm 22% chavvy haha! What's wrong with co-op? And nicking the shampoo from a hotel room?

Chavs to me are all guests on Jeremy Kyle.

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh dear im 44% chav ?

Not sure i have a defence, accept my 'Nan' won't let me call her Gran or Granma as she's apparently not old enough (she's 85!)

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

? I'm 30% chav!! I reckon it's because I know someone who went on Trisha, called my grandmother "Nan" and have eaten a Pot Noodle and supermarket baked beans!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yay!!

Fancy going on Jezza together? Will be a nice day out?

• NewYearRose
    Beginner December 2012
    NewYearRose ·
    • Hide content

15% chav - I fail to see how pinching the shampoo etc from hotels is "chavvy" and I object to having fairy lights outside the house at Christmas being "chavvy" too. I hold my hands up to the Pot Noodle, but it was only once, I wanted to try it. And surely cutting 'money off' coupons from magazines is just common sense?!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I disagree with a lot of those questions. The co-op, "nan", and also baked beans. I think chavs are really into brands so would only buy Heinz.

I am 26% chav by the way.

I have worn a football shirt, eaten a pot noodle, I shop in the Co-op (the only large-ish supermarket in my town)!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I am only 11% chav apparently, probably due to the pot noodle! Oh and taking the shampoo from hotels, but that is just normal surely?!

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sure *goes off to grab her gold earrings and sovereign* i'm ready ?

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Meet you at the Buzz stop.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

The majority of the teenagers I teach fall into either 'chav' or 'emo' which is such a shame as there must be more creativity than that in a school of 1500 kids!

Chavs I define as the boys in trackies and hoodies, anyone who has labels everywhere on clothing, tatts, big sovereigns and diamond stud earrings, expensive OTT trainers. Girls - heavy make up, such as bad orange fake tan or foundation, giant fake gold hoop earrings, PJs and uggs for buying their cigs, either that or too short/tight/generally inappropriate for the situation clothing, over wearing of labelled clothes that have their brands splashed ALL OVER so you can't miss it.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

They have a certain 'quality' that I can't describe...

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

In Liverpool we call them scallies. The male variety are generally dressed head to toe in black, tracksuits, trainers, (traineees is the way they say it) or rockport, skinhead, black cap, spliff in hand. Girls, gold jewellery, scouse brow, fake tan, very broad accent. There is also the afore mentioned younger ones who smoke weed and play loud music on buses etc. Oh and they call everyone LAD.

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

33% chavy here

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Chavs are so last year, it is all about the oompa lumpa looking girls, tits out, pouting taking photos of themselves in mirrors and saying totes amaze lols, now. But what do you call them? I wouldn't class them as chavs - but they are definately there own brand of something!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

"Worldies" according to Geordie Shore Smiley winking

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I got in toruble for calling a kid an emo last time I went out- he looked at me like I had 3 heads and told me that he was not an emo but an "underground dubstepper" I felt about 300 years old.

anyone who wears something like this;

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

I'm 30% chav! Gutted.

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

22%. I said yes to the question about having bought a present for someone from a petrol station - but I was about 12 at the time!

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

Thought i was doing well but Im 38% chav apparently ?

Id describe a chav as being your typical jeremy kyle guest or the really loud, common mums with the gold jewelry and a staffy, every school has one!

Just to add im not saying everyone with a Staff is a chav as my parents have rescued a few and they are lovely dogs!

• B
    Beginner November 2013
    Bathsheeba ·
    • Hide content

I don't define chav by what someone looks like. I know some who LOOK chavvy but are the opposite in their actions.

I define chav by how someone acts. Onoxious, trashy, ignorant, rude. They can be wearing an expensive designer suit for all I care, if they act like a trashy tw@t, they are one. Smiley smile

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

? 63%

I'll get my coat Adidas tracky top...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics