Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rizzo
Beginner July 2011

What Type of Shoes Do You Wear?

Rizzo, 24 February, 2012 at 09:56 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 38

I believe that you can tell a lot about someone by the shoes they wear. When I meet someone for the first time, I always check out their shoes.

I tend to live in my DMs. I have two pairs, one are battered and the other still looks new.

38 replies

Latest activity by *Mini*, 26 February, 2012 at 10:22
  • HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Flats. Uggs in winter and flip flops in the summer.

What does that tell you about me? ?

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

You know what i wear, i show then everyday!!!!?

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Docs or converse.

I have 5 pairs of converse and 6 pairs of Docs. 2 pairs of those need fixing though.

These are my favourite ones, my Hello Kitty Docs

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You just do this to torture me!! *envy*

I wear a whole variety of shoes - flats, heels, boots. Very much depends on what I'm wearing, where I'm going and how tired my feet are!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I change my shoes all the time, rarely wear the same ones 2 days in a row. In the summer, I live in flipflops and sandals. I've got a GREAT pair of gladiator sandals that I love.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I love boots, I have over 20 pairs in varying heights, heel type and colour they are just so comfortable.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Boots or heels. Very rarely wear flats, I find them uncomfy

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I like quite fancy shoes. All different colours, styles and heels. Red shoes are my favourites.

Today however I am wearing the most boring pair of Ugg-a-likes (£5 from Asda)

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

It varies. on a night out i wear killer heels, on a daily basis it depends, ballet flats, uggs, chelsea boots, flip flops / sandals in the summer, wedges.

Today i am wearing 2 pairs, uggs whilst walking to and at work, then im meeting hubby tonight so will change into my black wedge shoe boots.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly this, except I wear heels on a night out.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

I am in Converse almost all of the time, i even have a pair of black ones for work. I used to have loads of pairs, but damp got to them and now i only have my work ones, and the lovely red ones that H bought me for valentines.

I do like to wear heels when i go out though. It's not a cocktail night unless we ladies are in heels!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

My MIL keeps telling me off for wearing heels. I wish she would drop it. It's getting on my nerves now and makes me wear them all the more.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes, I wear heels on a night out. For about..... an hour? Then they're off ?

• Nubbin
    Beginner January 2012
    Nubbin ·
    • Hide content

Black leather flat knee hights. Converse. Ballet Pumps. That's really about it!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I am always in a pair of 3 inch plus heels; be that peep toe, court, boot etc. If the weather is shite or it's causal Friday at work I will be probably wear my Uggs. I walked into work this morning so have my teeny tiny Nike Air Shocks on - a VERY rare occurence for me!

• celo1
    Beginner May 2012
    celo1 ·
    • Hide content

I have far too many pairs of shoes, am a hoarder!

Am in heels a lot more than flats, I quite often get told off by OH for wearing unsuitable footwear!!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

To work, normally some kind of court shoe or heeled boot, sometimes some pretty flat sandals in summer. Today I have on some lovely Jasper Conran leather knee length fur lined boots from Debenhams, but am wearing trousers so they're covered up!

Will normally live in Uggs in winter and flip flops/gladiator sandal type things in the summer, depending on what I'm doing. If I'm going out or to a wedding/party/special occasion, it'll always be heels, no question.

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

Same as a lot of others, depends where I am going and what I am doing. I love shoes and have a lot of them, to OH dismay, he thinks I should have a regular clear out of them but I refuse.

I always wear killer heels on a night out, tend to live in flip flips and wedge sandals during the summer, at the moment I generally wear heeled brogues, court shoes or boots for work and Uggs at the weekend.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

I tend to live in flat boots in the winter. I try to have two pairs, one knee high and one ankle pair. In the summer I live in flip flops or ballet shoes.

I also wear my uniform shoes and boots alot.

I wish I could wear heels everyday, I can just about survive an evening.

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Anything i can find to fit my size ten plates of beef!!!

can only buy my shoes in evans so not a huge choice of shops for me ☹️.

mainly flat (ish) and small heels for work and knee length boots, ankle boots and heels for the weekend in the winter.

"nice" flip flops and flat sandals for work in the summer and little heels, extra sparkly flats and heels for weekends and nights out!

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

I live in Converse or Vans. The only different pair of shoes that I own are my work shoes. I even wear my Converse on a night out, yes I'm a tramp! Luckily I only go to dirty rock bars so it's not *too* bad!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wsal.sanS except for 9s. Or 8s in Uggs which I wear when not in school. When evans get a nice-ish pair of flats in I buy them in bulk! Currently wearing these for work which are not comfy at all though they appear as if they would be:

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

I have stupid feet so really struggle. My heels are really narrow so I find it hard to keep shoes on if they don't have some sort of strap or something, plus my bones didn't develop properly so I have to always wear insoles in my shoes to support my feet. So in winter I wear black boots to school, brown boots the weekend, always flat. In the summer I live in Birkenstock flipflops as they support my feet in a similar wy to the insoles I usually wear. I get shoe envy all the time, but I just cannot find any that I can keep on/fit my insoles in. I hate shoe shopping with a passion.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Work - Mostly neutral coloured court shoes or peeptoes - I have nude, patent black, brown... all at least 3" heels! Am loving a lot of the new block heel, block colour ones coming out... a feel a shop coming on!

Night out - a wide variety of fancy heels from pink croc skin gladiator heels to black leather strappy hooker shoes! I will also wear my work shoes out.

Daytime - Mostly uggs, the knitted ones. I need to get some form of day trainer like converse...

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

I'd love to say I wear a variety of lovely shoes but truthfully I tend to be in walking trainers (karrimor type), hiking boots or a flat ankle boot. I have a chronic aversion to feet so sandals are right out (living in Scotland, this is not too much of an issue), I have never been able to walk in a slingback and any heel higher than 2.5" is useless unless it's a wedge or a block at a push. This does not stop me buying pretty shoes and then hardly wearing the stupid things.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I have quite a few shoes but i basically live in these 3 pairs..

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

I live in boots in the winter and flip flops in the summer

sal.san have you tried Viva la Diva and SimplyBe they do size 9 & 10's too.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Boots in winter - They range from flat to wedge to heeled.

Ballet shoes/pumps in summer - Floral, bright colours, black, leather, with pompoms, straps, however they come! Hate sandals.

If they're leopard print, I'll probably want them.

A few of my shoes -

Go on Moobum, what does that say about me ?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I only wear heels for work or on a night out (so once a year) I just cant relax in them so they are no good for weekend wear- plus I dont like the look of them at the weekend- but thats just me!

I tend to wear granny flat shoes like brougues, or ballet pumps, or vintage boots or 1980's court shoes.

I do luff my Vivienne Westwoods though -

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

I wear heels for work (current pair were £3 in the M&S sale). Winter is boots (heeled or flat) and ballet pumps or flipflops in Summer.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I too love boots - and during the winter that's what I wear to work. Currently rocking some new Dune chunky heel black leather numbers.

Outside of work I also love heels. In the sumer I live in mainly 2 pairs of shoes during daytime and so will spent a bit of making sure they are decent ones which will last. I always have one pair of flipflops and a pair of dressier wedges for day time.

I don't own any flat shoes - I have trainers, but other than that, no flat sensible shoes for work etc. I keep looking for some I like, and have yet to find any!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics