Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Red Baroness
Beginner July 2012

When did you hear from your venue?

Red Baroness, 28 September, 2011 at 14:07 Posted on Planning 0 15

After booking etc, when did you hear from your venue regarding the finer details? We still haven't heard from ours, although we've still got 9-10 months to go.

15 replies

Latest activity by Bittersweet, 28 September, 2011 at 22:53
  • A
    Beginner June 2012
    adiesummer2012 ·
    • Hide content

We've got about the same amount of time to go and haven't really heard much either. They are lovely people but not very pro-active so I think a lot of the contact is going to come from us and then they will happily reply.

If you're worried about it I'd give them a quick ring and just ask them when you can pencil in the diary for a discussion.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

We were originally having the reception in April, and the venue wanted us to make an appt to see them sometime in September. Haven't heard much from them since we changed the date to Sept 2012, so I think they'll probably be back in touch asking us to see them in Feb/Mar

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

I have 2 and a half months left to go, and i haven't heard from my venue. I had to get in touch with them when we had 9 months to go and they said that they would make sure they got in touch about other payments on time.....I was due to give them another deposit this month, and i'm still waiting to hear from them. I'm giving them until this weekend and then i'll be contacting them again about it. If they don't want my money, that is entirely up to them. but i do get concerned about their lack of interest in payments being on time.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We didn't hear from ours until about 3.5 months before to book our 3 month meeting.

What annoyed me is that when she called to book, all evening/weekend appointments around that time were all taken and she sounded huffy at having to stay till 7pm one tuesday night... I explained that we both work full time, not in the area and all our holiday was being used up for the honeymoon!!

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

We had a vieweing there and was told it would be about two months before the date that we would get together and discuss the finer details. I am still waiting for 2012 prices which is irritating, but the lady working on them said they would bein line with inflation so we have gone with 10% Smiley smile

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I am about 2 weeks later than you and we haven't heard anything yet. Although they did tell me when to expect to hear from them, which is October to discuss some details, then December to pay a little more money and then April to choose menu.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Similar situation to ours RKB. Further deposit was due back in January, but we didn't hear anything. We did check that they still had our booking when we visited for a taste testing event back in April, and they did!

• kookik
    Beginner September 2012
    kookik ·
    • Hide content

I've just paid deposit for ours for next Sept - was told we would meet about 3 months prior to finalise menu's time of days, guest numbers, etc

then they expect our final number one month before the wedding, then final balence paid a week later.

However 'll be contacting them about 4 months prior to book the appointment, and will also pop in at some point so I can sort out what chair cover i'll need!

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is next August and our venue got in contact to say they would like to meet with us during October or November. However, this is because the co-ordinator there goes on maternity leave from Dec to April so I think she's wanting to get things organised before she goes.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

After we booked ours i got a lot of paper work and information through the month after.

They did advise me that they wouldnt contact me again until around 3 months before when I have to send all the information they have requested in a pack they send us with estimates of figures, food, drinks, timings etc, and that 2 months before wedding they needed deposits from our guests for their rooms and also that we would be required to pay 50% of the invoice based on figures I give them. 1 Month before they will request revised figures and will then send the invoice out with the remaining balance based on correct numbers which they will send 3 weeks before the wedding and it needs to be paid 2 weeks before.

We were pretty much told they wont contact us until atleast 3 months before but if we need to speak to them they are happy to answer any queries we have!

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

Mine have been considerably laid back in their communication so I have taken the lead there.

Booked it last August when we paid £100 deposit (although correspondence indicated 5% of estimated numbers was due as a deposit). Then I didn't hear from them for about 3 months so I contacted them in November to ask when they would expect payment as it was on an instalment basis and when did we need a meeting. Fast forward 2 months and me chasing again (still no invoice or meeting arranged) and I was asked to pick a date in March. Went and met with venue discussed ideas booked food tasting for June. We were still waiting for an invoice so I asked if I could pay some more (just for peace of mind) and paid another £1500. Was told I needed final numbers 2 weeks before (thought this was cutting it fine so got mine 6 weeks before) and have just come back from a weekend away to find an email from venue wanting final numbers and have just paid final balance!

So serious lack of communication unless I contacted them

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Our venue said we wouldn't hear from them until January for our June wedding. We are planning on sending invites out around then so will have to speak them around this time to discuss menu's etc x

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I have been in contact with my venue about things such as how to book rooms, facilites we can use etc. They said they would like to meet with my OH and I about 3 months before the wedding. So think 3 months is the norm

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Our venue said they'd see us in the New Year. But I went to the venue to show my Brother around last weekend and they wanted to book the meeting date then, so I'm not sure now!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I got an e-mail about 4 months ago asking how everything was going, then I got another e-mail end of July informing us the new 2012 menu's were ready and we could take a look and book our menu tasting anytime from now. We will wait until next year though!

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Our venue regularly email me about things going on, wedding fayres, changes etc. I have enquired about a few things recently and they have responded pretty rapidly. I think they said they will get in touch about four months before to finalise a few things. We too have a while to go yet!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics