Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

teapotty
Beginner October 2013

Who sits on top table?

teapotty, 28 of May of 2012 at 15:21 Posted on Planning 0 23

Are you all having a top table? Who are you having on it?

We both have complicated families so need advice on this one!

Thanks Smiley smile

23 replies

Latest activity by Vanilla Pod, 29 of May of 2012 at 20:31
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

We had me, Boy, my Mum and Dad, my brother, a family friend, best friend bridesmaid, best man, Boy's sister and brother-in-law.

Boy's parents weren't able to come but they were originally seated on top table as well.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Bride & Groom, Brides parents, Grooms parents, Best Man and CBM/MOH are the traditional ones.

We are having all except CBM/MOH - I don't have one and I think they'd rather sit all together with families etc. Best Man is doing speech and is also OH's only bro so he will be up there.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

My parents are separated so makes it a bit tricky but thankfully they get on OK so we have me and OH, my mum and dad, his parents, both our best men then to balance it out we are having my MOH and one of my BM's.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Ours will be oval and seats 16. We will sit on the side 'facing' the rest of the guests, but it means we can chat a bit better.

We are having: Bride, Groom, MOB + step-dad, FOB + step-mun, MOG + FOG, MOH + partner, BM + partner, Granda + Granny, Nana + Gramps.

My grandparents are absolutly thrilled to be on the top table, they can't stop gushing and I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

Both our parents are divorced and remarried so I *think* we might have each set of parents hosting their own table but then I'm unsure who we'd put on the top table instead.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

CB - sweetheart table - just the 2 of you?

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I have a complicated family, too. It's difficult to explain, but our head table will be long, with 3 tables branching out from it, and the head table will go like this:

This works, as only one usher and 1 bridesmaid are married or will have partners at the wedding, and they can be on the adjoining tables!

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Possibly, but OH is very traditional and not sure he'd go for it. Will wait and see what our bridal party ends up as and then go from there. Might have our siblings & best man with siblings instead.

Not quite sure why I'm thinking about this yet but good to have ideas ?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We had a round table in the centre of the room.

Both sets of parents are divorced and remarried, fortunately they all get on.

We had Bride, Groom, FOB, MOB, Best Man, CBM, MOG, FOG.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

We had a table for two - him and me.

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like this idea but want to be able to see everyone too. Where are you having the table in the room? Are you having any speeches?

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

We are having us, my mum and dad (divorced, will sit partners elsewhere - both are relatively short term, neither are my 'step-parents' as such), boy's lovely parents, my brother and sister, boy's sister and each of our Grannies. We're having a round table - I want to be able to talk, and the long tables just look old fashioned and boring to sit on, to me.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

We're lucky that even though OH's parents are divorced and re-married they still get on and are willing to sit next to each other. So it's just the 'normal' line up for us on the top table - parents, best man and chief bridesmaid. If however we did have issues I would do something like Mrs C's round table in the middle of the room or for really bad issues just a sweetheart table.

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

You all have amicable families!! Do you think us being on a centre round table with close family would be ok? Not sure who yet tho!

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

As OH's dad and former step-mum's new partners don't get on (still with us? his mum passed away when he was a child)... the former step-mum and partner are on a table with my parents, his dad and partner on another, and they and all our other guests sat on square tables, while we sat on a bigger rectangular table with our children and some of our friends (particular those who didn't really know other guests), and their children. In hindsight I could've tweaked it some more but everyone was on the right table.

• Hawk
    Beginner September 2012
    Hawk ·
    • Hide content

Bride, Groom,

2 sets of parents

2 best men

1 chief bridesmaid

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

We are having a long head table with the following:

Me, OH, both mums, my brother (giving me away), OH son and daughter, our daughter, best man and BM who is OH half sister.

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

We will have:

Us 2

My mum and my stepdad

My dad and my stepmum

My little sister

OH's mum and stepdad

Unsure if his dad and wife is sitting at the top table and if not if we will have Best Man and MOH but I think it would be nice for them to be with their friends so maybe not.

• weemee
    Beginner July 2012
    weemee ·
    • Hide content

This is probably the issue I've been stressing about the most! My parents are divorced but amicable, but OH's parents are divorced and fMIL's a total nightmare and is pretty much refusing to be in the same room as fFIL (who is lovely. and normal.) I had wanted CBM and BM at top table but BM's girlfriend won't sit anywhere without BM and I sure as heck don't want her at the top table (have met her once). I like the idea of having just us 2 as it would solve a hell of a lot of hassle, but I don't think we can accommodate that in the room. Grrr........ bloody families........

people doing speeches are my Ma, CBM and Groom.

Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

☹️

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

We had: Me, OH, my Mum (did a speech) Best Man, bridesmaids and those who did readings. H's parents are divorced and they don't speak and I didn't want them or his Stepmum on the top table as they are a PITA. We had round tables too.

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

We are having:

MOH's Partner - MOH - SFOB - MOB - Bride - Groom - MOG - FOG - BM - BM's Partner

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content

We are having

BM (OH's son); my son (giving me away); Me; OH; MOH (my daughter) and BM(niece)

• unexpectedpenny
    Beginner January 2013
    unexpectedpenny ·
    • Hide content

I think we're just having us & both sets of parents.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

We had

CBM, FOG, MOG, G, B, MOB, FOB, BM

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics