United Kingdom · From January 2014

Happily married 🎉

4 of July of 2015

3191days 5hours

Discussions

CBeckford
Getting worried about language barrier!
CBeckford of Planning, 15 of September of 2014 at 13:39

Hi all, I’m Jamaican but have lived in the UK since I was young and my lovely fiancé is Polish. I’ve met his immediate family who are all lovely and we went to Poland earlier this year for his...

Saurabhharshe, tuesday 1-Aug-23 15 3,929
CBeckford
Make up trail *Flash*
CBeckford of Planning, 30 of June of 2015 at 11:14

Hi all, As some of you may know I've been super excited about my make up trial. I was supposed to have it back in March but at the time I was feeling awful with morning sickness ? so we decided to...

pammy67, saturday 4-Jul-15 23 2,821
CBeckford
MOH alterations help needed
CBeckford of Planning, 18 of May of 2015 at 20:32

Hi all, Was wondering if anyone could help me. One of my MOH's needs to make a slight alteration to her dress but is based in Norwich and I'm down in London. Could any of you based in/near Norwich...

CBeckford, monday 18-May-15 277
CBeckford
Post-election pick-me-up....Rings have arrived! *flash*
CBeckford of Planning, 8 of May of 2015 at 11:16

Hi all, Firstly, Happy Friday!! I went to our local delivery office to collect our rings this morning and I'm in luuurrve ❤️. After looking around towards the end of last year we decided to take the...

MrsShep, friday 8-May-15 8 1,189
CBeckford
Additional wedding guest *BT*
CBeckford of Planning, 22 of April of 2015 at 14:34

Soooooo, it looks like we've got another pregnant bride-to-be...ME!!! ? Now I'm 12 weeks along I've plucked up the courage to share the news. The past couple months have been a bit of a roller-coaster...

RogueSnowflake, thursday 23-Apr-15 31 2,789
CBeckford
Why are family so awkward?!?! *Rant*
CBeckford of Planning, 17 of April of 2015 at 14:35

Hey ladies, I'm beginning to lose my $h!t with my family I tell you! As many of you will be experiencing the invite/RSVP drama, I'm hoping you can relate to my rant. So I had a missed call from...

jess-ox, friday 17-Apr-15 1 780
CBeckford
MOH Issues *bit long*
CBeckford of Planning, 2 of February of 2015 at 13:34

Hi all, I wanted to ask some advice regarding my MOH. Things came to a bit of a tense exchange recently and now I’m having second thoughts about things. I apologise in advance if this is turns into a...

CBeckford, tuesday 3-Feb-15 18 2,419
CBeckford
PP - Booked time off for Hen, wedding and honeymoon!
CBeckford of Planning, 28 of January of 2015 at 12:57

So on this rainy miserable day I have something to be happy about. Just booked time off for my hen in May, yaaaay! and because my line manager is an absolute hero I'm also taking 4 weeks off in July!...

CBeckford, wednesday 28-Jan-15 3 625
CBeckford
Any London brides? (2015)
CBeckford of Planning, 11 of November of 2014 at 20:32

Hi ladies, i just wanted to know if there are any more London brides getting married next year on the forum. With just over 7 months to go, I'm beginning to realise how much there is still to think...

makingpretties, thursday 22-Jan-15 22 2,447
CBeckford
Eeeeek! 6 months to go...*Flash*
CBeckford of Planning, 5 of January of 2015 at 19:36

Hey all, Yesterday was my official 6 months to go date, but I was too busy savouring my last day off to write this post properly. So here's what I've got so far..... Ceremony Venue: Reception Venue:...

xchristy_bbyx, sunday 18-Jan-15 27 2,204
CBeckford
Things to do in Thailand...
CBeckford of Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad, 14 of November of 2014 at 13:38

Hi all, We've booked our honeymoon to Thailand next year and wanted some tips on the kind of things we could do. We'll be staying in Bangkok for 3 nights then going to Samui (northern part of the...

CBeckford, thursday 8-Jan-15 5 1,080
CBeckford
Lingerie advice needed (strapless brides)
CBeckford of Planning, 4 of October of 2014 at 19:44

Hey all, So I have my dress sorted and I wanted to start thinking about lingerie. My dress is a strapless sweetheart but I really don't like the idea of wearing a strapless bra. I love the look of a...

jennybob, monday 5-Jan-15 7 1,327
CBeckford
My afro transformed: Hair trial *flash*
CBeckford of Planning, 13 of December of 2014 at 15:14

Hi ladies, As some of you may know I was getting into a bit of a stress looking for someone to do my hair for the big day.After months of trawling the internet and asking around I found a lovely lady...

HelenSomerset, monday 15-Dec-14 28 2,452 1
CBeckford
Has anyone hired "The day of" planners to decorate their venue?
CBeckford of Planning, 24 of October of 2014 at 13:49

Hi all, I'm trying to get the boring logistic type things straight in my fuzzy brain. The main thing I'm concerned about is the dressing of the venue. as my OH's family are coming over from Poland, I...

Sambarine, monday 27-Oct-14 8 1,276
CBeckford
First petty Bridezilla moment.... Please don't judge
CBeckford of Planning, 16 of October of 2014 at 15:29

Hey ladies, I'll just get straight to it. I'm the kind of person who will always help someone out if I'm able to. I have a friend who casually asked me about the band I had booked for my wedding, so I...

AKWedding, friday 17-Oct-14 10 1,752
CBeckford
Honeymoon finally booked!
CBeckford of Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad, 8 of October of 2014 at 15:13

There's not much point to this post except to say We've now booked our honeymoon!! After months and months of changing our minds, we decided on a twin centre trip to Thailand. 3 nights in Bangkok and...

CBeckford, tuesday 14-Oct-14 3 710
CBeckford
DIY.... Is this too much to do?
CBeckford of Planning, 27 of September of 2014 at 12:39

Hi all, ok so I'm just over the 9month mark and have put together a DIY shopping list. I just wanted some advice as to how much we're taking on. Here's what I've planned: - heart garlands using old...

CBeckford, sunday 28-Sep-14 4 835
CBeckford
Giant balloons, love them but don't love the prices!
CBeckford of Planning, 27 of September of 2014 at 12:29

Hi all, I wanted some of those large balloons to decorate our venue with after falling in love with the ones from Bugglegum however I'm not willing (or able) to pay around £26 for each of them! Is...

LittleSnowflake, sunday 28-Sep-14 3 779
CBeckford
ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!! *sob*
CBeckford of Planning, 22 of September of 2014 at 16:12

Hi all, I know I'm being a bit dramatic, but I know I won't be judged here! ? Yesterday after slaving away for days and days of calling around of hotels near our venue and checking for reasonable...

CBeckford, monday 22-Sep-14 5 1,307
CBeckford
I found my dress!!!
CBeckford of Planning, 20 of September of 2014 at 16:51

Hi everyone, there isn't much point to this post except to say how fabulously excited I'm feeling after I found my dress this afternoon! It's everything I wanted and more. I knew the moment I saw it...

sweetlikechocolate, sunday 21-Sep-14 8 1,176
CBeckford
Hair Help Needed! - Afro Bride
CBeckford of Planning, 11 of September of 2014 at 10:22

Hi all, In Jan 2013 I decided to start growing my natural hair without any chemicals and chopped nearly all of it off to start my natural hair journey. I'm loving my afro but not I have no clue what...

CBeckford, friday 12-Sep-14 8 1,241
CBeckford
Clissold House - Decoration help please!
CBeckford of Planning, 8 of September of 2014 at 14:10

Hi Ladies, I've got our reception booked at Clissold House for next July and I've just started thinking about decorations. We've got the drawing and dining rooms booked and will be using one for the...

CBeckford, wednesday 10-Sep-14 2 566
CBeckford
Any Mori Lee Brides?
CBeckford of Planning, 22 of August of 2014 at 11:06

Hi All, I'm searching (with no luck so far) for 2 dresses I'm dying to try on by Mori Lee. The 1914 and the 5111. They are both form previous collections which may be why I'm finding it hard to get...

Purple_lilies, friday 5-Sep-14 16 2,722
CBeckford
London Brides.... Where are you getting ready and who with?!?
CBeckford of Planning, 5 of September of 2014 at 11:43

Hi Ladies, Happy Friday!! I just wanted some advice if possible. (Apologies in advance if I ramble) We're getting married next July at Stoke Newington Town Hall and having our reception at Clissold...

CBeckford, friday 5-Sep-14 6 1,331
CBeckford
Wedding rings in London
CBeckford of Planning, 4 of September of 2014 at 11:09

Hi all, Are there any London brides who have already bought their rings? We're going to start looking around soon but I'm at a total loss as to where to start! We're not after anything mega flashy,...

YellowDuckie, thursday 4-Sep-14 7 1,736

General groups

Hitched article topics