Skip to main content
G
glitzy hib

United Kingdom · From June 2002

Discussions

L
Shops going bust - please read
LoopyLoo HIB, 18 of December of 2008 at 21:33

I'm a lurker not a poster, but after reading an earlier post about another shop going into administration, I would like to take this opportunity to say something that may be quite controversial. Most...

BespokeTailor, friday 19-Dec-08 46
tahdah
Oh deary me...was £100k worth it?!
tahdah, 29 of October of 2008 at 09:46

Https://closeronline.co.uk/RealLife/Reallifestories/teen-wedding.aspx?dateonline=Monday+27+October+2008 mmmm...nice! The best is the comments at the bottom: "wot rong with this dresses i thing you are...

Wedding Photographer, thursday 30-Oct-08 21
N
DRESS DILEMMA
nlt1978, 29 of October of 2008 at 16:00

http://www.silkbrides.com/newweb/Designers/Alan%20Hannah/FullSize/Francoise.jpg I am torn between these 2 dresses, I love the one showed in pink althought would have in Ivory but my mum doesnt like it...

Mrs Bloom, wednesday 29-Oct-08 13
G
Hotels in Paris
glitzy hib, 22 of October of 2008 at 20:26

Going to Paris next mth for a few days so need a hotel - here is what i want. 4 or 5 star in the latin quarter or on the left bank has to have a spa or swimming pool have looked at loads but want to...

glitzy hib, wednesday 22-Oct-08 262
Clairy
What do you want for Christmas?
Clairy, 22 of October of 2008 at 16:44

Looks like I am getting a share of a Wii. I think I diddled myself there ?

Allison Wonderland, wednesday 22-Oct-08 31
Crantock
Really interesting article about the Price of Photography
Crantock, 16 of October of 2008 at 11:23

Aka "Don't moan about the price" ? I've come across this really interesting blog entry, that I wanted to share with the brides-to-be on here. So often I read about people complaining about the price...

Marksimms, tuesday 21-Oct-08 24
G
Photographers HIB
glitzy hib, 22 of September of 2008 at 12:57

Just wondering if any of u are going to the BIPP Awards in Newcastle next mth?? I did briefly meet one of u last yr can't rememeber ur name but remember u where getting married and getting Gordan...

glitzy hib, wednesday 24-Sep-08 3
S
Dawn's Wedding Dress
Soon2BMrsBux, 31 of August of 2008 at 19:19

Hello Did anyone see eastends last week? I really want to know where Dawn's wedding dress is from or how makes it? any info would be great

bygeorge, tuesday 2-Sep-08 10
G
Attention NI Brides
glitzy hib, 26 of August of 2008 at 08:37

Girls this is the start of the wedding fayre season again. Here are 2 to put in your diary The Perfect Day Wedding Show 31st Aug 1pm - 5pm Adm £5 - Book online and save £'s...

debs1701, monday 1-Sep-08 1
Diamond Star Halo
Anyone's wedding plans been affected by the credit crunch?
Diamond Star Halo, 10 of August of 2008 at 19:36

Just wondering if any of you have had to make changes to your wedding plans what with the way food and fuel and everything are going up? Haven't seen any specific posts about it, and haven't seen much...

AlicelilR, wednesday 4-Feb-09 43
L
Someone tell me this is to good to be true before I get it!
laurenbird, 9 of August of 2008 at 13:10

Ok... I am browsing the web and have found a dress that I REALLY like, on a website which I am not 100% sure of. Cant find it anywhere else at all but its so good £ wise Im wondering if I should just...

glitzy hib, sunday 10-Aug-08 14
M
Which Bridesmaid retailer would you recommend on a budget?
Magserelli, 9 of August of 2008 at 11:00

Hi girls I'm helping a friend to organise her wedding. She is on a tight budget c£50 dress of 4 bridesmaid. She likes Dessy but cannot afford the ££. Q. Which online retailers / bay of e traders (e.g....

Magserelli, monday 11-Aug-08 9
Melawen
OT Buying a wedding dress from America...
Melawen, 5 of August of 2008 at 21:04

I know which way WP is but I thought there would be more brides over here who'd been there, done that! Work colleague is looking to buy her dress from the states and I said I had a source to find out....

Melawen, tuesday 5-Aug-08 12
jaz
NI bridal shops closed
jaz, 29 of July of 2008 at 21:08

Sorry if cross posted - I hope noone here is effected http://www3.u.tv/news/LocalNews/index.asp?id=90330&sel2=1&local=1

glitzy hib, thursday 31-Jul-08 6
Diamond Star Halo
Dress HIBs, can I ask you a question?
Diamond Star Halo, 30 of July of 2008 at 20:34

...tis a business question, so if I could email you that would be fab. Let me know if I can pm/email you. Cheers!

cariad, thursday 31-Jul-08 4
J
Yippee - found petite wedding dresses!!
jessdawn, 30 of July of 2008 at 08:22

I'm so excited I went into a bridal shop that is just around the corner from my work in Bristol - I hadn't been in there up to now as I hought they just did plus sizes. Anyway have found that they...

denny-1, sunday 15-Jul-12 6
M
Half Price Maggie Sottero and Alfred Angelo Dresses
mariov, 2 of July of 2008 at 12:34

hiya every body i found this site the other day thinkg about maybe trying on in a local shop but ordering of here they have really cheap dresses but same as what ive seen on maggie and alfred...

glitzy hib, wednesday 2-Jul-08 7
G
Dessy Bridesmaids dresses..
glitzy hib, 30 of June of 2008 at 12:52

Girls just to let u know that Dessy have released thier discontuine list and as from the end of July there are approx 30 dresses that we will no longer beable to order. If there is any of the older...

glitzy hib, monday 30-Jun-08 2
C
Cymbeline wedding dresses
CW7WT, 30 of June of 2008 at 14:02

Hi all, I'm desperately trying to find somewhere in the West Midlands that stocks Cymbline dresses. I've fallen in love with one called Beaute. I've looked at the list of shops on the Cymbeline web...

glitzy hib, monday 30-Jun-08
Saracroft251
Has anyone ordered their Wedding dress from USA??
Saracroft251, 30 of June of 2008 at 14:35

Has anyone ordered their wedding dress from USA?? - Did it turn up? My dream dress is herethe larger image) http://www.impressionbridal.com/catalog.php?cat=22&im_id=20&page=16 But it costs...

MrsK, monday 30-Jun-08 6
Eric
NI Brides - N&P
Eric, 29 of June of 2008 at 00:58

I was bridesmaid for my sisiter on Thursday, so since she isn't a hitcher, I'd like to do a few N&P's on her behalf... Make-up - Paddy McGurgan http://www.paddymcgurganartist.com/, I proposed...

glitzy hib, sunday 29-Jun-08
M
wedding dress shop scam - anyone know anything?
MayDay, 27 of June of 2008 at 21:39

My step-dad told me about some story he heard today about wedding dress shop scams, where there is a group of fraudsters setting up bridal shops in the south east, taking deposits and then closing up....

MayDay, monday 30-Jun-08 11
Heather W
Dress shop closure for Hampshire brides - hope no hitchers are affected
Heather W, 25 of June of 2008 at 13:10

Just read this on BBC news http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/hampshire/7472135.stm Hope it doesn't affect any hitchers ?

Heather W, wednesday 25-Jun-08 2
M
Dress thread!
Mrs Bloom, 21 of June of 2008 at 10:39

I've finally managed to find a piccy of mine so I'm very excited, although the model is sitting down so you can't see it very well, and mine is a size 20 so it will look very different! What do you...

willownat1, saturday 21-Jun-08 8
emma_louise
How far in advance have you got bridesmaid dresses?
emma_louise, 12 of June of 2008 at 18:59

I've found the style I like, was just wondering how in advance did you order yours? My wedding isnt until August 1st 2009 so sure I dont need to get them yet, was just wondering when a good time to...

glitzy hib, saturday 14-Jun-08 14
A
Gay Wedding Photographer
anne y, 4 of June of 2008 at 14:31

My gay friends are getting married in december this year! I have done most of the organising based on their 'vision' but i'm really struggling to get them a photographer i've spoken to two in the...

The Gay Wedding Show, friday 21-Jun-13 19
Redbedhead
Are fascinators 'out'?
Redbedhead, 3 of June of 2008 at 13:38

I have 3 weddings to go to this year and luckily (for my finances!) am going to be able to buy 1 outfit plus headgear for the lot. 2 of the weddings are in the UK and 1 is in Italy. I was thinking of...

glitzy hib, tuesday 3-Jun-08 10
S
Wedding Fair Goodie Bags
sandieb, 30 of May of 2008 at 19:05

We are organising some more shows and would like to give brides who register a goodie bag. We would really appreciate your input as to what you, as a bride, might like to see in there (winner lottery...

sandieb, sunday 1-Jun-08 11
H
Buying dresses from the states
hanhan, 29 of May of 2008 at 15:02

Is/has anyone bought their dresses in the states? Mine is half the price on an American website but am worried if anything goes wrong. Can anyone recommend a site they have used and thought were...

INeverThought, friday 30-May-08 4

General groups

Hitched article topics