Skip to main content
starstruck-
starstruck-

United Kingdom · From April 2011

Discussions

S
No official photographer
Snc12, 4 of December of 2012 at 17:38

Hi, I am new to the site and looking for some opinions. My fiancé and I are getting married on a seriously tight budget (registry office and day reception only) and we are not having an official...

alyj66, monday 10-Dec-12 54
Fergo
Gift ideas for Mum and Grans - Inspiration please HIB's / OM's?
Fergo, 5 of December of 2012 at 14:17

I would like to buy my Mum and 2 Grans a keepsake to give to them on the morning of the wedding along with their cards. I've ruled out photo frames. Thinking maybe a nice brooch for Grans? Completely...

roo2605, tuesday 11-Dec-12 19
R
Vintage Peacock Wedding Theme
Rachel87, 29 of November of 2012 at 15:36

Hi, I'm after a little help please, we're getting married on 17th March 2013 and have decided on a vintage peacock wedding theme. My OH is in Afghan at the moment and has been there since July so I...

ChloeLeePhoto, wednesday 5-Dec-12 19
D
Maternity wedding dresses. Help!
delphi13, 21 of November of 2012 at 23:50

My wedding is long gone(report to follow soon!) but my sister is now getting married. She's pregnant and wants to get married quickly. Not shotgun but unfortunately my mum has just been diagnosed with...

starstruck-, thursday 22-Nov-12 1
E
Children at wedding???
Elodia, 5 of October of 2012 at 20:59

I made the decision a while ago that there will be no children at the wedding only immediate family members. However, a friend asked what about having children just for the reception which i did not...

clarehj, wednesday 21-Nov-12 42
P
**Wedding Report** by PhoenixAngelic - possibly the longest ever (so so so sorry)
PhoenixAngelic, 20 of November of 2012 at 19:08

I really should warn you now that it would be a good idea to get a drink, some nibbles and a cushion. This is a read for those who have a bit of time on their hands. Hopefully the length of it is...

JenniferRFC, thursday 22-Nov-12 31
bexjoe
Best foundation?
bexjoe, 20 of November of 2012 at 16:53

I am doing my own makeup but I have thread veins on my face and want a good quality foundation for the day that will cover without looking shiny in photos and will, most importantly, last all day! I...

Sarald, wednesday 21-Nov-12 11
Foote2c
Five weeks till Christmas !
Foote2c, 20 of November of 2012 at 13:05

Every time someone says this to me I panic. I've been so wrapped up planning our wedding for 29th December, I,ve done nothing about Christmas. Hope all you organised hitchers out there have got...

bexjoe, tuesday 20-Nov-12 8
F
Please help me find my perfect shoes!!!
FMG, 20 of November of 2012 at 08:40

Hi! In my mind I have an image of the shoes I want for my wedding day, I just can't find them in real life!!! I want a low heel court in light blue with a white/ivory bow on the front. I have seen...

FMG, tuesday 20-Nov-12 2
JoannaMonika
Winter Wedding Ideas
JoannaMonika, 19 of November of 2012 at 13:57

Hello everybody, Have you got any ideas for unique and alternative winter wedding ceremony? I created a pinterest board were I collect all my ideas, you can have a look here:...

LEN11212, monday 19-Nov-12 1
mummymrs2b
Not sure what accessories to out with my dress?
mummymrs2b, 17 of November of 2012 at 10:06

I still need to buy everything to go with my dress... Shoes, veil, tiara, jewellery. But not sure what to go with as there's sparkle, pearls, etc on my dress. Then flower type ruching at the bottom. ...

mummymrs2b, sunday 18-Nov-12 10
EAC13
What do you think of this dress?
EAC13, 14 of November of 2012 at 07:42

Morning! Wondering what you think of this dress. I can't figure out whether I like the back or not. Not sure if I think it looks like there's too much going on with the lace strap and then the detail...

EAC13, wednesday 14-Nov-12 19
Soon2bMrsCB
How many witnesses?
Soon2bMrsCB, 10 of November of 2012 at 09:04

How many wintnesses are you allowed at a church wedding? was hoping to ask maybe 3 x

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, saturday 10-Nov-12 12
rubyfirecracker
Mismatched Wedding - what do you think?
rubyfirecracker, 9 of November of 2012 at 21:07

Hello Ladies Would appreciate your feedback. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a mismatched reception. My dress is white but will have a red polka bolero, belt and shoes as well...

Lemon Violet, monday 12-Nov-12 27
mandspice
Bridesmaids!
mandspice, 8 of November of 2012 at 13:48

Is anyone else having / had bridesmaid woes..?? Sometimes I wonder if I've chosen the right people! One bridesmaid is engaged herself but hasn't got anywhere near to setting a date and her...

Irisbride, friday 9-Nov-12 9
mummymrs2b
Wedding colours? ..... Purple & ........?
mummymrs2b, 7 of November of 2012 at 09:49

I'm meeting with the florist again tomorrow to decide on flowers. But I'm still flipping between two for the 2nd colour. Our BMs dresses are purple, the room is gold & pewter/silver. I can't...

Misplaced Brit, wednesday 14-Nov-12 18
ImagineIt
Do I wear my engagement ring on the day?
ImagineIt, 5 of November of 2012 at 16:30

Hi Hitchers, Quick question which has been bugging me! My registrar said not to wear my engagement ring down the aisle as I need a naked finger to put my wedding ring on. She said to wear it on the...

Blondilocks, monday 5-Nov-12 17
C
My wedding ideas and inspiration **FLASH** EDIT -MORE flashes (sorry i am obsessed!)
cocktail_nyc, 4 of November of 2012 at 14:08

Thought it would be fun to flash a few of my ideas for my wedding Venue Confetti cones Bridesmaids dresses - have 8 bridemaids the overall colour of the wedding is blush with a bit of duck egg blue...

sian-tiffany, monday 5-Nov-12 29
P
hairpiece/headbands...decisions!
polarbex, 1 of November of 2012 at 22:39

Please help! It has taken me flippin ages to find anything I like, but finally fallen in love with one from Glitzy secrets. It's a side headband thing which is flimsy enough to be fitted to my head...

starstruck-, saturday 3-Nov-12 4
T
Veils
tware, 3 of November of 2012 at 10:08

I have had my veils hanging up for ages and the creases just don't want to drop out, anyone get any ideas how to do this

maxinegallie, saturday 3-Nov-12 1
Disneynut14
Ordered my dress!
Disneynut14, 1 of November of 2012 at 18:28

I went dress shopping last week and fell in love with Sincerity 3730! I didn't want to take it off and can't wait to wear it 'for real'. Completely different to what I thought I wanted - I thought I...

Disneynut14, sunday 14-Apr-13 30
S
Benjamin Roberts/ Enzoani Dresses
sarahdarby, 28 of October of 2012 at 16:47

Hi All I really like the Enzoani 'Diana' dress, but am a bit confused as to where I can buy it from. Does anyone know if Benjamin Roberts owns Enzoani, or if they are the same? I have found a few...

starstruck-, friday 2-Nov-12 8
soontobehismrs
Hot Pink/Turqoise
soontobehismrs, 25 of October of 2012 at 13:24

Hey ladies, We've finally chosen our colour scheme, which will be hot pink and turqoise. It was always going to be hot pink with another colour, we just couldn't choose between green and blue. Anyway,...

jules40, tuesday 30-Oct-12 9
L
OH doesnt want a buttonhole :(
lumc86, 29 of October of 2012 at 09:06

My OH and his best man are both in the RAF. He told me yesterday he doesnt want a button hole. They'll be wearing their Number 1 unifrom until about 4ish, and then changing into their Number 5's, and...

Barefoot, monday 29-Oct-12 12
ImagineIt
Eczema and other stress flare ups
ImagineIt, 25 of October of 2012 at 12:23

Hi all Hitchers!! Just wondered if anyone gets stress flare ups on their skin? Since announcing our engagement & planning the wedding, I have had a cold sore (which has since gone) & then a...

VictoriaW2G, wednesday 31-Oct-12 24
N
Side tiara/flowers/what to do with my hair?!
NatA2013, 28 of October of 2012 at 14:43

I have my dress and after a slight wobble i love it ?, but i don't know what to do with my hair! I have medium length hair that im thinking of having half up half down, no veil and maybe a side...

3d jewellery, tuesday 30-Oct-12 4
M
Long sleeved wedding dress- why can't find any????
Mims05, 30 of September of 2012 at 14:09

Hi everyone, I have just discovered this amazing site. I am wanting a long sleeved wedding dress with a cathedral train. I have been looking everywhere and every bridal shop seems to offer me a shrug...

JacquiD, tuesday 16-Oct-12 5
Mrs*W*2B
What colour veil and bridesmaids with coffee/ champagne dress?
Mrs*W*2B, 11 of October of 2012 at 22:51

My dress is a full lace light coffee/ champagne colour....2 questions: 1. What colour veil do I go for? I want cathedral length so not sure if I have to get a champagne veil or if I could go for...

Teal, saturday 13-Oct-12 9
K
Girls with the colour ... Orange
kellouloud, 10 of October of 2012 at 13:54

How are u planning on adding orange into your day ? My Bridesmaid dresses are orange and I'm wearing orange shoes. We haven't decided on flowers yet ...

Debs12xx, friday 12-Oct-12 15
skyrocket
Jewellery HIBS help please!!
skyrocket, 6 of March of 2012 at 16:32

I bought 3 tiara's for my flowergirls a while ago and stored them carefully in acid free tissue (so I thought!). I had ordered a fourth which came today for a last minute addition FG and got my other...

skyrocket, tuesday 6-Mar-12 5
Storky
Calling all HIBs...
Storky, 4 of March of 2012 at 13:24

I've recently been doing some work for a wedding blog and wondered if any of you might be able to help. They're relaunching imminently and I wondered if anyone fancied donating any prizes. There'd be...

RebeccaC, thursday 8-Mar-12 17
HayleyMay
Last attempt to save my hair accesory idea! HELP PLEASE!
HayleyMay, 8 of February of 2012 at 16:48

Hi all, thanks for reading. I hope this will make sense. While we don't have a theme as such, I've become more and more influenced by the 1930s style, especially the jewellry and the art deco sort of...

Katie V, monday 13-Feb-12 10

General groups

Hitched article topics