Skip to main content
S
spinster chick

United Kingdom · From August 2004

Discussions

tahdah
tahdah, 16 of September of 2009 at 20:12

I wish everyone would come back now it's faster on here (hopefully if they did it wouldn't slow down again)...I really miss the banter and the threads on this first page have been lingering for days....

spinster chick, saturday 19-Sep-09 12
JK
Well we had our day on the river (with cake photo)
JK, 23 of August of 2009 at 19:24

I asked for help with plans for my MIL's birthday and you all helped, so thank you ? We ended up on a launch on the river, from Westminster and down Tower Bridge, then back to to Hammersmith (it was...

jameshood, friday 24-Dec-10 20
Becca
What colour Aga should we get (with pics)
Becca, 22 of August of 2009 at 21:39

We need to replace our 1930s Aga, which is becoming less and less eficcient, and it seems after getting several quotes we will be better off replacing it. Our current one is cream, and it is what H...

lizziej, monday 24-Aug-09 20
H
Would you think this person weird...?
Headless Lois, 7 of August of 2009 at 16:01

If someone recognised your forum name from here, on another forum, remembered that you had had a disagreement in the past (3 + years ago) and decided to post a personal attack on that other forum?...

spinster chick, friday 7-Aug-09 38
WelshTotty
Taking a house in part exchange for your own
WelshTotty, 5 of August of 2009 at 08:16

An idea Mr WT came up with last night whilst pondering over selling our place. The offer we have on the table is dependant on the buyers selling a 2 bed FTB house. Its up for £70k. The thought is to...

WelshTotty, wednesday 5-Aug-09 3
K
Making big decisions :(
KJB, 4 of August of 2009 at 13:54

A few things have happened recently to make me question my next steps, so I'm currently pondering some big decisions and taking the necessary time to weigh up all the options. However, this is...

KJB, wednesday 5-Aug-09 14
swampytiggaa
my brother died this morning
swampytiggaa, 2 of August of 2009 at 11:31

5am. That fcuking fiasco with the *** boat finished him off. just glad i got to see him last night before the end and that he was able to recognise who people were. rest in peace Michael xx

Sah, monday 3-Aug-09 93
Chicken
Healing
Chicken, 30 of July of 2009 at 14:47

Have you noticed taking longer to heal now you're a bit older? I mean bruises and minor cuts that would have disappeared in days now hang around for weeks or cause scarring?

Mrs Magic, thursday 30-Jul-09 3
P
Misconceptions about where you live
Pint&APie, 30 of July of 2009 at 10:32

R-A's earlier comment "I see the parks and my Lido and the fab diversity and sense of community where other people see the gun crime and used syringes" got me thinking about how certain areas develop...

Mollycat, monday 3-Aug-09 174
jaz
Relationship - deal breaking aspects
jaz, 30 of July of 2009 at 10:28

I’m not sure how to word this post as I’m sure it will turn into a bit of a ramble but it’s something that I feel the need to discuss and may delete as it’s probably a bit personal so please don’t...

Natasha., thursday 30-Jul-09 13
Hugo Brambles
Has anyone issued the 'marry me or leave me' ultimatum?
Hugo Brambles, 27 of July of 2009 at 17:09

Or has anyone been issued that ultimatum? If so what was the outcome?

Minardi Forever, sunday 16-Aug-09 85
JK
Loft conversions - anyone had experience
JK, 29 of July of 2009 at 12:17

I think the time has come. I don't really want to move - we have nice neighbours, we're very settled here. When we think about schools, we have at least another two years here, but the kids probably...

Lady Vixen, wednesday 29-Jul-09 4
M
Chanel make up?
MrsS2B2010, 24 of July of 2009 at 14:14

Now that we are getting married aboad (Italy), I am probably going to end up doing my own make up (maybe with a little with of help from my mum and bridesmaid, as I'm not great at that type of thing!)...

Spangler, monday 27-Jul-09 11
lauralil
Slightly miffed by CBM comment...am I doing the wrong thing?
lauralil, 21 of July of 2009 at 20:59

Oh damn.. just tried to add to this first bit and deleted it! pointless reading anyways we're off to the maldives, and without the kids. ooh bad parent alert. ?

lauralil, friday 24-Jul-09 106
badkitti*
Dress a teacher post
badkitti*, 21 of July of 2009 at 17:45

Ok, so new job coming up - budget about 200 GBP- need a wardrobe for an identity and to teach in. No requirement for a suit but would like to always look smart as habitually scruffy. Mix and match...

spinster chick, friday 24-Jul-09 4
JK
Can anyone offer advice? Re being unable to move on.
JK, 23 of July of 2009 at 20:57

Those of you who know my friend, please don't mention this should you ever see her. I'm so worried about her. She's suicidal tonight (though I've made her promise not to do anything without calling...

Zebra, friday 24-Jul-09 19
S
comfortable heels? do they exsist?
sydney, 16 of July of 2009 at 15:38

I love wearing heels to work, makes me feel more confident as i am such a shorty normally, 5 2" but by the end of the day my feet are killing me. Has anyone ever found any comfortable work shoes with...

redcherry, friday 17-Jul-09 15
JK
Right, roll up, roll up - driving off with random stuff on the car roof
JK, 15 of July of 2009 at 19:01

It can't just be me. A bloke pulled up alongside me at the lights, about 1.5miles from where we'd parked in Brighton, gesticulating wildly. I was most confused. He looked exasperated, and mouthed, as...

Diefenbaker, thursday 16-Jul-09 42
memyselfandi
Does anyone have a half share in a season ticket?
memyselfandi, 15 of July of 2009 at 13:25

And if so, do you have any advice on how to share the games out in the fairest manner? TIA

memyselfandi, wednesday 15-Jul-09 8
Hugo Brambles
Debenhams staff
Hugo Brambles, 12 of July of 2009 at 21:15

Are they told to compliment your purchases when you buy them? The other week I bought a handbag and yesterday I a pair of shoes. Both times the cashiers raved about my purchase - just an idol...

spinster chick, monday 13-Jul-09 8
tahdah
Please can I have an 'OMG'!
tahdah, 12 of July of 2009 at 16:12

This morning after 2 and a half years unsuccessfully hunting for a home (every time losing out to investors, developers etc.), we finally got the call today...on a sunday...to say that our offer had...

spinster chick, sunday 12-Jul-09 7
cha-cha
my first 'dress me' post
cha-cha, 12 of July of 2009 at 13:50

OK, a wedding has sneaked up on me. Next Friday H & I are going to a rather fancy evening do at the poshest hotel in town. H is fine, planning to pick the cat hair off his kilt and away he goes,...

cha-cha, sunday 12-Jul-09 4
Saracroft251
anyone else watching Katie Price being interviewed by Piers Morgan?
Saracroft251, 11 of July of 2009 at 21:43

It makes for interesting watching........hearing another side of the story Poor kids ?

Pint&APie, monday 13-Jul-09 55
Madwife Nightingale
Does anyone know anything about housing benefit?
Madwife Nightingale, 10 of July of 2009 at 22:10

And I do mean really know lol? H lost his job almsot 3 months ago and whilst we have applied for the mortgage subsidy, I wondering where we would stand if we sold our house and rented instead. I am...

pom, sunday 12-Jul-09 22
Chicken
Not really sure what to put here
Chicken, 6 of July of 2009 at 22:14

My beloved Buster had to be put down this morning. I only found out when I got home in from work at 8.30ish. I can't quite believe he's gone and I'm not really sure what to do with myself. He was 14...

Sez, thursday 9-Jul-09 90
Mrs Magic
Bon chance, Monkey Fingers (going into hosp tomorrow, x posted)
Mrs Magic, 6 of July of 2009 at 12:03

Will be thinking of you lots darling girl. ? I'm so glad your bed is available and hope you get admitted tomorrow without a hitch,followed by your op when they say it will be on Wednesday. I know it's...

Flaming Nora, monday 6-Jul-09 20
Lillythepink
Seriously, Nigella, is she messing with me, or am I just useless?
Lillythepink, 20 of June of 2009 at 12:04

Lemon Meringue Cake My sister, who, incidentally is one of the worst cooks I have EVER encountered, reckons this is dead easy to make delicious, blah de blah. So I tried it How the hell do you get the...

spinster chick, monday 22-Jun-09 17
R-A
Hitched and RL musings
R-A, 21 of June of 2009 at 16:35

So after 2 1/2 years hanging around here I met my first Hitcher yesterday - didn't get made into slippers ? - and it's got me thinking. I haven't got any Hitchers as friends on FB (I'm not on...

jelly baby, monday 22-Jun-09 49
Lillythepink
N&P the amazing titchbunny
Lillythepink, 19 of June of 2009 at 10:37

For her extreme kindness and having made me laugh like a drain this morning. She promised the other day to send me some nozzles for I can attempt to do big whippy icing on top of cupcakes. Not only...

spinster chick, friday 19-Jun-09 7
Roobarb
Will shoe shops measure adults for shoes? And can anyone recommend supportive but nice shoes?
Roobarb, 17 of June of 2009 at 10:01

I posted last week about my terribly sore feet. I noticed they were much better ie not sore at all when I was able to just walk around the house barefoot/in socks so it leads me to think that it's my...

Roobarb, thursday 18-Jun-09 4
Redbedhead
What are your Lakeland must haves?
Redbedhead, 15 of June of 2009 at 21:29

I am about to place an order and wondered what peoples must have items are? I have had the clothes pegs recommended and the toaster bags but wondered what else I should consider! Thanks

Redbedhead, tuesday 16-Jun-09 10
Hepburn
Lawn Seed - Help Needed!
Hepburn, 16 of June of 2009 at 09:26

We followed the instructions, raked and forked the lawn, fertilized it and left it for a couple of days before sprinkling over lawn seed and giving it a watering. Have watered it a bit daily but not...

Hepburn, tuesday 16-Jun-09 18

General groups

Hitched article topics