jerseymonkey
jerseymonkey

United Kingdom · From March 2004

• Beginner

Discussions

jerseymonkey
Puddings for the lactose and gluten intolerant
jerseymonkey, 22 of October of 2009 at 17:39

We're having friends round for dinner on Saturday and one of them is intolerant to gluten and dairy. We've got the rest of the menu together (smoked haddock and cauliflower soup followed by duck...

Lady Muck, wednesday 28-Oct-09 1 640
tahdah
tahdah, 16 of September of 2009 at 20:12

I wish everyone would come back now it's faster on here (hopefully if they did it wouldn't slow down again)...I really miss the banter and the threads on this first page have been lingering for days....

spinster chick, saturday 19-Sep-09 12
Loopy
How far do you commute to work on a daily basis?
Loopy, 17 of September of 2009 at 12:07

We're thinking of moving, well, we NEED to move to a bigger house but a 4 bed house in a decent area in Gloucester is too far out of our budget. We were thinking of moving to Evesham where we can get...

Brian Parkes LSWPP (, monday 28-Sep-09 26
B
Derren Brown - National Lottery.....
bobbi, 10 of September of 2009 at 00:05

How the hell did he do that??

Peter, sunday 13-Sep-09 5
jerseymonkey
White Company smelly stuff
jerseymonkey, 27 of August of 2009 at 11:38

Not sure if there's anyone left to read this, but... has anyone used the White Company scent diffusers? Are they any good? My experiences with pot pourri have not been successful and I don't want to...

jerseymonkey, thursday 27-Aug-09 255
jerseymonkey
Norfolk coast - places to stay
jerseymonkey, 27 of August of 2009 at 08:25

We're thinking of having a week away somewhere in the UK in October and think the Norfolk coast might be the best bet for semi-reasonable weather! Does anyone have any recommendations - either of...

Gabster, thursday 27-Aug-09 2 1,050
jerseymonkey
Mortgages - wwyd?
jerseymonkey, 25 of August of 2009 at 12:14

The time has come again for us to totally misread the financial situation and choose the wrong mortgage. Two years ago I was about to go on ML so we fixed to be safe - the rates have dropped to an all...

hazel, tuesday 25-Aug-09 7
jerseymonkey
How does one find a good financial adviser?
jerseymonkey, 21 of August of 2009 at 10:36

I need someone to advise on a new mortgage and and the best thing to do with a smallish lump sum, plus life insurance etc. I also need someone to set up a trust for if we die and someone else has to...

jerseymonkey, friday 21-Aug-09 8
jerseymonkey
Please inspire me - dull veg box selection
jerseymonkey, 21 of August of 2009 at 12:48

My veg box selection is boring me this week - all suggestions for tasty meals appreciated. Preferably using the veg in things mostly rather than as side dishes as the child won't eat veg by itself...

Spamboule, friday 21-Aug-09 11
The Beast
Terribly ill-informed & lazy journalism on display at the Telegraph
The Beast, 21 of August of 2009 at 11:50

This has given me the rage... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/

Flowery the Grouch, friday 21-Aug-09 14
L
Cleaning bathrooms - dust
LittlePeanut, 21 of August of 2009 at 10:36

HGMD!! (Hitched get me domesticated) How do you deal with dust and stuff that always ends up in the bathroom? I find when I'm trying to clean I end up with little bits in the cloth / sponge that then...

Joseph, sunday 31-Mar-24 22
jerseymonkey
White company discount codes?
jerseymonkey, 15 of August of 2009 at 13:17

Does anyone have a current White Company discount code, preferably with free P&P? I've obviously not bought anything recently enough - they seem to have given up sending me catalogues!

jerseymonkey, saturday 15-Aug-09 316
Hyacinth
Moral Dilemma for a saturday night
Hyacinth, 1 of August of 2009 at 21:27

OK. You have reason to think your company will make redundancies. Person A has recently joined at your level but is paid 15% more than you. They are doing about 20% of the workload you are, and your...

stormfairy, sunday 2-Aug-09 15
B
beetroot recipes?
blimey, 28 of July of 2009 at 14:41

I was wondering if anyone has got any tried and tested beetroot recipes. I've got 4 of them and i really haven't got a clue what to do with them as i've never cooked a beetroot before. Apart from...

Baby Buns, tuesday 28-Jul-09 16
Ladelley
What was your first "grown up" holiday?
Ladelley, 27 of July of 2009 at 16:46

As in with no adult/parental supervision? A friend has just put up pictures of the holiday we went on when we finished high school. We were all 17, apart from one girl who was 18 and bought all the...

Sparkley, tuesday 28-Jul-09 39
clairegwen
Street Signs....The Council.....A rant......
clairegwen, 21 of July of 2009 at 12:26

I am 'ing fuming. A parking permit system is coming into place on 1st August. I have to pay £28 to park outside my own house (well in theory, but I will be lucky to get a space anyway, but thats...

jerseymonkey, thursday 23-Jul-09 5
Mrs Winkle
Has anyone here been to Istanbul?
Mrs Winkle, 23 of July of 2009 at 11:51

Mr W and I reckon we can squeeze in one more break this year, and we're thinking of doing 3 nights in Istanbul at the beginning of October. Has anyone been? If so, recommendations and tips would be...

Mrs Winkle, thursday 23-Jul-09 9
St. Knickerless
Swine flu (not about me)
St. Knickerless, 14 of July of 2009 at 09:09

Can anyone please tell me why previously healthy people are dying from this? I know that we dont have specific details of the individual cases, but what is it that would be killing people? What would...

Mal, friday 17-Jul-09 90
AnnaBanana
Babysitting an 8 week old baby
AnnaBanana, 3 of July of 2009 at 16:53

My friend is pregnant and she's due early Nov. Her and her H go to a music festival every December, they love it and its like a mini honeymoon for them, they leave their other child (3yo) with her...

Katiefar, friday 3-Jul-09 13
Copper
"Swine" Flu, has it affected you or those close to you yet?
Copper, 2 of July of 2009 at 18:20

The BBC has just reported that there could be 100,000 new cases per day at it's peak throughout August. It is expected to affect millions of us by the end of the year. It doesn't surprise me though. I...

jerseymonkey, friday 3-Jul-09 56
Knownowt
Gas fire in bedroom
Knownowt, 1 of July of 2009 at 15:05

Does anyone have a gas fire in their bedroom? We're replacing the horrid 70s fireplace in our bedroom with one in keeping with the house, and I'm thinking of also getting a coal-effect gas fire...

jerseymonkey, thursday 2-Jul-09 3
Chel
have we got any hitchers in Jersey?
Chel, 20 of June of 2009 at 15:14

Want to pick your brain if we do lol

Chel, saturday 20-Jun-09 17
NeoShoegal
Bring your own food to a bbq
NeoShoegal, 20 of June of 2009 at 12:57

We'd like to have a bbq in a few weeks time with a whole bunch of friends. We just did the other week for my birthday which was great fun, but we're a bit strapped for cash (trying to save up for our...

jerseymonkey, saturday 20-Jun-09 7
jerseymonkey
Free lightbulbs from elecricity companies - grrr
jerseymonkey, 16 of June of 2009 at 16:06

If you use them and get what appears to be an intermittent fault turning your switch on and off, change bulb for another free one, and another one and continue getting a fault - make sure you BUY some...

~~~liz~~~, tuesday 16-Jun-09 282
jerseymonkey
Films on at the cinema at the moment/Looking for Eric?
jerseymonkey, 12 of June of 2009 at 13:36

Has anyone seen Looking for Eric? Is it too footbally for two football-detesting women who generally like Ken Loach? And is there anything else people would recommend - I generally like fairly small...

Peter, friday 12-Jun-09 3
jerseymonkey
Amusing books
jerseymonkey, 14 of May of 2009 at 13:53

My book group wants to read an amusing book for a change but we're struggling to think of anything. Does anyone have any ideas? We're thinking maybe something which isn't 'comedy', but is amusing...

poshpaws, saturday 16-May-09 30
Roobarb
MPs expenses - how would you reform it? And a q.
Roobarb, 12 of May of 2009 at 17:40

OK, so I think it's quite obvious from media reports that many of our elected representatives have been taking the piss but also I think that the unique nature of the role they do means that stuff...

Mrs JMP, wednesday 13-May-09 50

General groups

Hitched article topics