Skip to main content
WIseMonkey
WIseMonkey

United Kingdom · From September 2004

Discussions

1234ABC
Love or Money?
1234ABC, 16 of May of 2012 at 14:24

Someone on my Facebook posed this question today and it got me to thinking what your thoughts on it are? For me, I think it would be love over money. H and I's motto has always been 'We started out...

Panjita, thursday 17-May-12 29
Jayned
flabbergasted...cannot comprehend this (ex wife related)
Jayned, 14 of May of 2012 at 14:08

This is a sensitive topic.... my OH has 2 kids with ex....a 12 year old girl and a vulnerable 7 year old boy (he has slight 'special needs') and they both live with her. we both found out a few weeks...

WIseMonkey, wednesday 16-May-12 70
(Claire)
Your last Supper!
(Claire), 15 of May of 2012 at 15:30

If you could choose one last meal what would it be. Choose a starter, a main and a dessert. I would have Scallops with black pudding, pancetta, and a cauliflower puree. My main would be a lamb roast,...

LeeLee :), tuesday 15-May-12 21
Jayned
am I being a meanie?
Jayned, 12 of May of 2012 at 20:06

We bought my step daughter the touch screen phone she wanted for Christmas...she has now decided she wants a blackberry for herbirthday in a couple of months! I'm not so sure we should get one for...

WIseMonkey, monday 14-May-12 34
Mellow_Yellow
I've been robbed!!!
Mellow_Yellow, 10 of May of 2012 at 01:58

Went for my monthly standard bikini wax and my waxing lady sneakily left me with a Brazilian...a weding gift for H2B apparently...I feel naked ?

Nutella, thursday 10-May-12 33
BumbleBrat
Last three things you bought?
BumbleBrat, 10 of May of 2012 at 10:59

Yup, I'm being a nosey ? Bonus points if you include pics.

Red Baroness, friday 11-May-12 60
*Mini*
Mushrooms
*Mini*, 9 of May of 2012 at 20:11

Evil in a vegetable form? Or a delicious and healthy foodstuff? Discuss.

*Mini*, thursday 10-May-12 56
pandorasbox
What makes your skin crawl?
pandorasbox, 8 of May of 2012 at 17:57

For me it is touching any paper that has been wrapped around raw meat. Bleurgh.

Gurzle, thursday 10-May-12 57
Flowmojo
Songs stuck in your head
Flowmojo, 3 of May of 2012 at 16:39

Do you currently have one? since yesterady afternoon i have had Pinks 'Funhouse' going round and round in my head, the same two lines aswell?

Beez, thursday 3-May-12 19
WIseMonkey
From where did the popularity of Barbour quilted jackets appear from?
WIseMonkey, 2 of May of 2012 at 14:33

I understand a lot of the public have been wearing these out on the high street for a number of months but i'm having a dull day and thinking about rubbish. How or why have these become fashionable...

Pinky6, thursday 3-May-12 48
Rizzo
Mashed Potato
Rizzo, 1 of May of 2012 at 16:06

Having this for my dinner and am quite excited. As I have to embrace carbs again, it's back on the menu. Does anyone like it as much as I do?

WIseMonkey, wednesday 2-May-12 43
Pinky6
Children and money
Pinky6, 30 of April of 2012 at 10:40

This is something we gave started thinking about as we are considering TTC after we get married but I am worried we can't afford children! How do those with children manage? Do you both work? We both...

Storky, tuesday 1-May-12 62
M
I need a costume for my sons book day!
mel t 2b, 30 of April of 2012 at 10:48

Help! Any ideas for a mum with little time to make a costume of a character from a book and without spending too much money! My son can't decide and I haven't a clue! Don't want anything well known...

JennyH10, monday 30-Apr-12 4
pandorasbox
Avengers Assemble
pandorasbox, 29 of April of 2012 at 17:29

Is brilliant. OH made me go under sufferance but I loved it. And am now a bit in love with Captain America.

JennyH10, friday 4-May-12 19
Flowmojo
Make Up Compact..recommend me one!!
Flowmojo, 30 of April of 2012 at 16:42

For my wedding day..something for touch up if needed on shiny bits or if i cry my make up off (im double hard so doubt that'd happen!)

NewYearRose, tuesday 1-May-12 6
WIseMonkey
My son hates me
WIseMonkey, 26 of April of 2012 at 12:28

What do you do when you have a young son who doesn't want to spend time with you or except love or attention. Is anyone in my shoes. How do i cope. I'm not coping. My heart is breaking and i can't...

WIseMonkey, sunday 29-Apr-12 15
celticgoddess
Make Up Proficient Ladies of OT........
celticgoddess, 26 of April of 2012 at 17:32

I normally never wear make up unless going out (which is never!). For our post wedding party thingy on Saturday my make up artist was already booked so I have to do it myself. She recommended Rimmel...

Vanilla Pod, friday 27-Apr-12 7
Rache
Nice traditional ladies' pyjamas online
Rache, 30 of September of 2008 at 21:19

Anyone? The White Company and Bodas are lovely but too expensive. The recipient of the gift has already looked in M&S and bought some nice Kath Kidston ish ones but she needs another pair. They...

APA8, tuesday 22-May-12 13
B
Anyone else's pets flopped with the heat?
bobbly1, 29 of June of 2009 at 17:35

I have 4 cats flopped on the patio (in the shade) Two belong to me, the other two belong to two different neighbours! They are all lying on their sides, all their heads pointing in the same direction,...

Toblerone, tuesday 30-Jun-09 13
Knownowt
Small things that make you happy
Knownowt, 19 of June of 2009 at 07:38

I've just bought a new dressing gown- it's a waffle one from the White Company and it's LOVELY. Just putting it on makes me feel like I'm a White Co catalogue dweller, surrounded by crisp linen and...

lyni, wednesday 22-Jul-09 74
SophieM
Share your irrational hates here
SophieM, 19 of June of 2009 at 10:41

I've just been sent a "gift book" to review at work. It's a collection of quotes from famous people about getting through hard times. I fucking hate gift books - they give the rage. So for some reason...

Spring, saturday 20-Jun-09 146
SophieM
Numpty-watch - AKA The Apprentice
SophieM, 20 of May of 2009 at 20:55

Hurrah! Who's going to be fiy-ud this week?

Mrs Winkle, thursday 21-May-09 42
The Beast
Opinions on this necklace please
The Beast, 19 of May of 2009 at 20:42

It's one of my best friends' 30th birthday on Saturday. We don't normally buy presents for each other but she gave me a framed photo of the two of us dressed up at Rocky Horror for my 30th yesterday...

WIseMonkey, tuesday 19-May-09 1
Sunset21
How often do you/your children visit the dentist?
Sunset21, 19 of May of 2009 at 15:20

MrSun has just asked me to re-book his appt. that was due next week for another six months time, he doesn't think he needs to go after only going six months ago. I guess I, perhaps naively, just do as...

WIseMonkey, tuesday 19-May-09 20
Daffy B
True black eye make up recommendations please?
Daffy B, 19 of May of 2009 at 16:26

I love wearing dark eyeshadow/liner but most of the shadows that look black in the pot seem to go on grey or fade fast to grey. Does anyone know of true black eyeliner and eye shadow? Price isn't a...

Daffy B, tuesday 19-May-09 7
em-ster
AIBU - Kids in gym changing area / showers...
em-ster, 17 of May of 2009 at 15:08

Now, I'm not normally one to grumble and can totally appreciate parental needs, but can I run this you? I go to a fairly 'nice' gym with good wet and dry facilities which attract family membership. I...

Hecate, tuesday 19-May-09 184
H
On the subject of kids/acceptable behaviour...
Headless Lois, 19 of May of 2009 at 10:40

At the weekend we went to Yorkshire Sculpture Park (which is fab, everyone should go, it is totally amazing). Anyway, it is stuffed full of massive sulptures. In a big park. Brilliant. Anyway, the...

Puss, tuesday 19-May-09 28
Sunset21
Whilst we're on the subject of gym changing rooms....
Sunset21, 18 of May of 2009 at 13:59

I have to laugh and wonder about some of the women in the female changing rooms at my gym, i'm no perv and no prude either, I don't mind showing my womanly bits where needs be but some women will...

essexmum, tuesday 19-May-09 28
Knownowt
Postmen delivering BNP leaflets
Knownowt, 18 of May of 2009 at 13:18

There was an item on the radio earlier about some postmen in Bristol refusing to deliver BNP leaflets, both on account of finding them personally offensive and because they had been abused and spat at...

ooh la la, tuesday 19-May-09 29
Voldemort
Come dine with me
Voldemort, 17 of May of 2009 at 20:21

Anyone watching? WTF is going on with the sushi? ? So that's what you Bristol Etcs get up to on meets...?

rrr, sunday 17-May-09 9

General groups

Hitched article topics