• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

11 of February of 2006

6650days 20hours

Discussions

titchbunny
People never fail to surprise me...
titchbunny, 21 of August of 2009 at 17:51

I was in my local butchers this afternoon when the lady infront of me asked for 2 skinless free-range chicken breasts, the butcher took 2 breasts off the tray and skinned them and trimmed them, she...

titchbunny, saturday 22-Aug-09 19
A
Getting rid of bamboo
Alexm, 15 of August of 2009 at 20:36

Hi, skipped across from BT so hope you don't mind me posting ? We have bamboo in the garden and want to get rid of it which I understand is REALLY difficult. Does anyone have any experience /...

Gryfon, sunday 16-Aug-09 3
Copper
Wedding outfit help please (very difficult customer!)
Copper, 7 of August of 2009 at 20:25

Me, that is! I'm running out of time and starting to panic a bit. I'm going to a friends wedding on Wednesday and my Sister's at the end of the month. Finances probably mean I'm going to have to wear...

AliLindsey, saturday 8-Aug-09 5
A
8 blue plates
Alexm, 5 of August of 2009 at 16:42

These are bright blue plates which I used to put candles on at my wedding. They are slightly shiny (lustrous) and it looks like the colour is painted on to the plates. Sorry not a great description!...

Alexm, wednesday 5-Aug-09 335
A
8 large glass bowls
Alexm, 5 of August of 2009 at 16:39

I have 8 clear glass bowls for sale. They have only been used once at my wedding to hold some floating candles and some flower heads. They are about 5.5 cm in height and diameter of about 33 cm so...

Mitzi50, thursday 6-Aug-09 480
A
Home Education
Alexm, 14 of June of 2009 at 10:47

Hi there, normally over on BT but feeling brave today! Our neighbours home educate all their children and I have never come across people who home educate at secondary level, only at primary. So I was...

R-A, sunday 14-Jun-09 22
Loop
House selling kleek - help how do I handle offer negotiations?
Loop, 9 of June of 2009 at 16:40

Erm I should've thought about this before but I have no idea how to handle this to best advantage... After 35 (yep!) viewings and 8 weeks on the market we've finally had an offer... trouble is it's v...

chids, thursday 11-Jun-09 10
A
Builder Recs - Surrey
Alexm, 27 of May of 2009 at 22:08

Hi I am normally over on BT but I thought the knowldegeable people of OT might be able to help me out on this one as well so x posted. Fingers crossed our planning permission should be granted next...

Alexm, wednesday 27-May-09 127
A
Hello from a newbie
Alexm, 13 of May of 2009 at 16:01

? Hello, I am normally on BT but have at least one and a half stone to lose and need some motivation / help / will power / advice / someone to watch over me / a really large miracle (this is my...

Alexm, wednesday 13-May-09 2
hazel
Costing extensions
hazel, 1 of May of 2009 at 11:26

To houses I mean, not hair Is there a way to get a ballpark figure for the cost of an extension or is it one of those piece of string things where you really need to get someone in?

NickJ, friday 1-May-09 15
allymc
Mattress toppers/ breathing life in to an old mattress
allymc, 19 of April of 2009 at 18:37

We're moving in to a new house and buying ourselves a new bed and mattress. Our current one will go in the spare room but to be honest the mattress isn't the most comfortable (it's almost 9 years old,...

Dr Svensk Tiger, sunday 19-Apr-09 12
H
People who have used personal trainers outside of a gym
Headless Lois, 26 of March of 2009 at 13:27

How many times a week have you seen them? I can only afford once a week, but he will give me extra stuff to do, plus I am hopefully going to go to a bootcamp thing once a week. If you saw your PT once...

pigalicious, thursday 26-Mar-09 7
Scottishterrier
can i vent *sensitive*
Scottishterrier, 24 of March of 2009 at 14:22

I know i don't post here very often, I read most of the threads but i still have a fear of saying the wrong thing or not being intelligent enough to join in with discussions. However today i feel the...

sarahjl, wednesday 25-Mar-09 36
S
Anyone know where I can get a toddlers fold up chair?
SAM83, 10 of March of 2009 at 13:32

Or a small chair that folds up. Needs to have a back on it. Seen them in a shop a while back but didnt get one for some reason and now I want them and the store has shut down! Any ideas? Ta

tahdah, tuesday 10-Mar-09 2
Maxi
Dog people - mingy question
Maxi, 19 of November of 2008 at 23:27

Does anyone have experience of anal gland problems? Over the last few months we've occassionally noticed an awful smell in the house. Kind of similar to dog pee but worse. Never noticed any wet...

Maxi, thursday 20-Nov-08 13
N
Have I done the right thing?
Notsureaboutthis, 19 of November of 2008 at 19:23

I'm a regular lurker who wants to go anon for obvious reasons. I work in a Jobcentre. My brother is signing on in my Jobcentre while getting quite highly paid cash in hand. He lives with parents so no...

Clairy, thursday 20-Nov-08 14
*Kitty*
"Posh Soap"
*Kitty*, 18 of November of 2008 at 20:33

Hi there, Im looking for reccomendations on "Posh Soap" please ? Mum has asked me to get some for my grans christmas, all I can think of is Arran Aromatics and Molton Brown (Who dont do bars of soap)....

Ronypoo, tuesday 18-Nov-08 8
monkey fingers
cake advice please (to send not to bake)
monkey fingers, 12 of November of 2008 at 15:28

Hi all, I would like to send some friends so nice cakes to cheer them up, I have never done this before, I have this link http://thefabulousbakers.com/muffinthemail saved in my favourites, I have...

monkey fingers, wednesday 12-Nov-08 5
Oompa-Loompa
Lowering your offer on a house - acceptable or not?
Oompa-Loompa, 23 of October of 2008 at 21:14

We are in the process of buying a house. We made an offer about 3 weeks ago for a house and that offer was accepted. Things are moving forward, albeit slowly. From the sounds of it the vendors need to...

barongreenback, friday 24-Oct-08 44
kasha
I need some advice please
kasha, 22 of October of 2008 at 23:16

Master K came home from school today in a bit of a state he told me that his maths teacher had wagged her finger in his face and asked him if he was retarded and did he need the special needs class....

Alexm, thursday 23-Oct-08 8
Sunset21
Silly: Nice smelling washing...
Sunset21, 22 of September of 2008 at 15:47

How come other people have nice smelling washing but mine doesn't really smell of anything? I use Bold washing powder and the washing smells when it comes out of the machine but by the time it's been...

Swift, saturday 29-Aug-20 19
A
Cleaning an iron
Alexm, 22 of September of 2008 at 11:58

Boring qn I'm afraid. Our iron seems to have brown sticky something on it that is ruining all my clothes. Clearly it must be something from H as I couldn't possibly have been so stoopid. What can I do...

Alexm, monday 22-Sep-08 4
lyni
Trying to find tea rooms in Surrey
lyni, 9 of September of 2008 at 10:32

Can anyone recommend tea rooms in Surrey/SW London please? I'm trying to find one to take my nana to in the near future, and I'm not getting many results. TIA

catwoman, tuesday 9-Sep-08 12
E
should we take a christening gift?
Emma217, 27 of April of 2008 at 10:22

Morning all. Next door neighbours are having their baby christened today. They invited us to the Christening yesterday, it's today btw. We get on well with them but it's the chat over the garden fence...

Alexm, sunday 27-Apr-08
Mrs S Smith
Ear piercing on a 6 year old.. Discuss..
Mrs S Smith, 26 of April of 2008 at 22:52

Mr Smith got a text from his ex just now.. "Jr Smith has just had his ear pierced!" He's SIX! Personally, I think this is WAY too young. Mr Smith asked how come, and she said "well they (Jr Smith and...

Iris, sunday 27-Apr-08 76
S
Walking Holiday in Lake District - what do I need
shooting star, 7 of April of 2008 at 19:21

I'm going walking in the lake district for a week next week, we plan to do a big walk every other day and a small walk days in between. This is what I'm taking - do I need more stuff or will it do? 1...

Zebedee, tuesday 8-Apr-08 7

General groups

Hitched article topics