Skip to main content
T
The Nightmare before Lois

United Kingdom · From November 2004

• Beginner

Discussions

Hugo Brambles
Has anyone used a professional 'de-clutterer'?
Hugo Brambles, 7 of December of 2008 at 17:43

You know the sort of thing they used to do on Life Laundry? I was thinking of getting my mum a day's worth of help as she is such a horder she could do with help in sorting and organising. Anyone used...

The Nightmare before, monday 8-Dec-08 20
Tilly Floss
Getting fed up of the mortgage benefits etc....
Tilly Floss, 5 of December of 2008 at 13:53

Is it just me? Why exactly did we "do the right thing", look ahead, see that the bubble was likely to burst, not mortgage ourselves to the hilt, take on a house that we could afford on one salary -...

Roobarb the Red Nose, friday 5-Dec-08 59
Chicken
Outfit help
Chicken, 5 of December of 2008 at 20:14

Yay or nay?...

Quincy, friday 5-Dec-08 25
hazel
News reporting of Karen Matthews
hazel, 5 of December of 2008 at 20:04

Just listened to the 2 minute news on BBC1 - they were talking about Karen Matthews and how concerns were raised about her parenting several years ago. They then said "She has 6 children by 5...

Julz, saturday 6-Dec-08 68
T
I neeeeeed PS3 Resistance2 help
The Nightmare before Lois, 5 of December of 2008 at 17:34

I know I posted this the other day, I don't know how to find the thread. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. H and I are playing this game in offline co op mode. It isn't saving at all....

The Nightmare before, friday 5-Dec-08 1
legless
Things I have learnt since becoming unemployed
legless, 5 of December of 2008 at 09:44

- a lot of people park outside my house to read the paper throughout the day. weird. - one of my cats absolutely does not move between 7.30 and 7pm. - 18 species of bird visit my birdfeeders. - its...

The Nightmare before, friday 5-Dec-08 14
T
Resistance 2 on PS3 help needed
The Nightmare before Lois, 4 of December of 2008 at 09:23

H and I are obviously thick. We are playing this game in co op mode, off line. Does anyone/their partners know how we save it? Thought it saved automatically, but we keep completing sections then...

The Nightmare before, thursday 4-Dec-08 166
LouM
Christmas user names- what has happened to 'em?
LouM, 2 of December of 2008 at 15:27

Where are they? What is happening, peeeeeeople? ? For the first time ever I have a really good one (thanks to emma numbers, the clever clogs) but it doesn't look like anyone is doing it, and it's...

Katchoo, friday 5-Dec-08 146
B
Aaaargh! I just know I am going to end up giving in.
Buffy Somers, 19 of November of 2008 at 10:05

Every Christmas we have H's mum over. H does'nt have any siblings, although he does have a few Aunties and Uncles, but the one year we tried to get get MIL to go to them instead, she stubbornly...

I love shoes, wednesday 19-Nov-08 13
cariad
men on here or anyone
cariad, 18 of November of 2008 at 15:33

If your wife had had a ton of decorative stones delivered how long would you leave them there before getting annoyed if she paid someone to spread them ? and women how long would you wait before...

The Nightmare before, wednesday 19-Nov-08 16
MBK
Friend Issue, possible cull?
MBK, 18 of November of 2008 at 18:33

I was a Bridesmaid last year it was all a bit of a drama. Bride organised second sercret Hen Do (Secret only from the BM's) Anyway long and short of it was that I fell into a friendship with one of...

MBK, wednesday 19-Nov-08 6
boz
Photographers WWYD
boz, 17 of November of 2008 at 22:26

Hi I have got the chance to part share a studio (rented) with 2 others, the studio is all equipt and has been up and running for some time, this came about as the 3rd photographer has got some...

NickJ, friday 21-Nov-08 15
MBK
Has anyone used a Business Coach?
MBK, 14 of November of 2008 at 18:56

If so was the investment worth it?

Uzma, monday 25-Mar-24 10
Peaches
Desperate situation - Going Home. Final update.
Peaches, 3 of November of 2008 at 12:57

Things have come to a head with my brother and I'm flying back to the UK tonight. I've called the crisis team at his surgery and the Doctor has been out to see him. I fear for his life - he just wants...

SophieM, wednesday 12-Nov-08 154
Hugo Brambles
Arrgghhhhh - done something really stupid (cheque related)
Hugo Brambles, 11 of November of 2008 at 17:14

A client left me a cheque today with the payee left blank. I've just meant to write my name on the cheque and customers name in my paying in book and because I'm rushing I've got them the wrong way...

KB3, wednesday 12-Nov-08 7
Hugo Brambles
Gym bunnies - is this "normal"
Hugo Brambles, 11 of November of 2008 at 19:12

I've was measured the other week at the gym and I've lost 2 inches off my waist and half an inch off my upper arms.....nothing from my hips, legs or anywhere else. I've lost a total of 5 lbs and I...

Dr Svensk Tiger, tuesday 11-Nov-08 15
T
Legless
The Nightmare before Lois, 11 of November of 2008 at 19:41

Did you get my email a while back, with my vague proposition? L xx

The Nightmare before, tuesday 11-Nov-08 4
Bobbys_Girl
Lois...
Bobbys_Girl, 11 of November of 2008 at 20:12

Hi Just wondered how you managed to change your username? Ive been trying everyday and it still tells me I cant do it! Thankyou Ems

Bobbys_Girl, tuesday 11-Nov-08 2
Clairy
Secret Santa IN ADDITION TO charity
Clairy, 10 of November of 2008 at 17:08

OK, so the idea has been mooted that this year we run an OT Secret Santa in addition to the charity one. I am happy to organise it, on the basis that everyone who contributes to this also makes some...

LouM, wednesday 12-Nov-08 96
NickJ
A desperate situation (the economy)
NickJ, 11 of November of 2008 at 15:27

Did anyone see Dave's press conf this morning? I was so mad about his useless and pathetic proposals that I wrote to him about it, and said that the proposals were half-baked, ineffectual and useless....

princess layabout, wednesday 12-Nov-08 90
Sparkley
I'm thinking about dying my hair black......
Sparkley, 11 of November of 2008 at 15:21

I love having my hair dark. I usually put on a semi (fnar!) plumb colour every 6 weeks, but it fades sooooo quickly and goes red after 4 weeks. I hate it when my hair is red as it makes me look yellow...

Gryfon, tuesday 11-Nov-08 25
H
Charity donations instead of Secret Santa
Headless Lois, 10 of November of 2008 at 14:32

We raised a lot of money for charity last year doing this, is anyone interested this year? If so I am going to make a suggestion that there is one charity instead of several and even further I am...

cariad, tuesday 11-Nov-08 47
Mal
Can PS3 games be copied?
Mal, 7 of November of 2008 at 14:39

I just Froogled for FIFA 2009 and the cheapest ones are on fleabay. Can they be copies? I don't want to buy any cheap tat! (Will check the feedback......)

safetyzone, friday 7-Nov-08 4
cariad
i like hitched again yay
cariad, 6 of November of 2008 at 08:43

Just thought i would let you know ? is there a better vibe on here or am i just getting back into hitching ? i feel there is less tension on here and i am starting to enjoy it again after months of...

Platty, thursday 6-Nov-08 36
Secret Lemonade Drinker
Anyone seen "Fat Pig"?
Secret Lemonade Drinker, 6 of November of 2008 at 09:49

And if they have is it any good? It's got a good advertising machine behind it and reasonable reviews but if anyone has any personal feedback then that would be great. We realised that we haven't been...

Croyde, thursday 4-Dec-08 10
princess layabout
a question for non-Christians
princess layabout, 6 of November of 2008 at 09:28

From a thread I saw on a different forum... What would your reaction be if you were ill and a Christian health professional said "I'll pray for you"?

NickJ, thursday 6-Nov-08 38
T
Anyone know about mechanics?
The Nightmare before Lois, 6 of November of 2008 at 08:27

We have a van which had a gearbox problem under warranty, and was repaired. Now, out of warranty, it has the same problem. So a gearbox clearly only lasts 30,000 miles on this vehicle. The...

Headless Lois, thursday 6-Nov-08 14
R-A
Do you wear a red poppy?
R-A, 4 of November of 2008 at 10:31

As above: do you buy/wear a red poppy? If so, why? If not, why not? I ask as I was brought up in a Quaker/pacifist family and I've never worn a red poppy, only white ones.

The Nightmare before, thursday 6-Nov-08 390
voddy vixen
Revels new "mystery" flavour
voddy vixen, 4 of November of 2008 at 21:20

I have a bag of Revels containing the new mystery guest flavour. Would anyone like to guess what it is? I am prepared to eat the whole bag to find out if necessary. I realise this is a sacrifice but...

Flump, wednesday 5-Nov-08 30

General groups

Hitched article topics