Zooropa

United Kingdom · From July 2006

Happily married 🎉

13 of October of 2007

6059days 3hours
Westy
Electricity bills
Westy, 3 of September of 2009 at 11:29

We've just had our electricity bill (actual reading) and we seem to be averaging about £90 a quarter. We are on quite a low price plan as we took our the prce protection 2010 that british gas launched...

anna belle, friday 4-Sep-09 7
penguin1977
Shooting Stars last night
penguin1977, 3 of September of 2009 at 09:35

Back to the old days I feel. From the jazz pancake to Geordie Sofas to the quickfire questions round....I laughed and laughed. Brilliant 30 mins of escapism! What does everyone else think? I realise...

Zooropa, thursday 3-Sep-09 1
T
Wills, interfering exes and parents and complicated children set up... help!
Toblerone, 2 of September of 2009 at 09:26

Ok so the problem is my husband has a boy (22) and girl(14) from previous marriage, I have 2 boys (20) from a previous relationship and we have a son of almost 4 together. His oldest lives with his...

Toblerone, thursday 3-Sep-09 17
Snow Patroller
DVD software for laptops - recommendations
Snow Patroller, 31 of August of 2009 at 23:05

Hi I'm looking for some download recommendations for dvd/movie software to load onto my laptop as my disc drive doesn't seem to play dvd, just music so I guess I need to download a suitable programme?...

Flowery the Grouch, tuesday 1-Sep-09 2
workinghard
Would you go to a charity wedding dress ball?
workinghard, 29 of August of 2009 at 13:59

I'm organising a charity ball in March for BLISS and the special care unit that looked after my baby. Only got as far as contacting possible venues at the moment but am toying with the idea of having...

raspberryjam, sunday 30-Aug-09 14
Darren @ Hitched
..Apologies...
Darren @ Hitched, 27 of August of 2009 at 21:02

Just thought I should make an apology... I am sorry for a couple of things... Firstly, let me say sorry for the speed of the forums. The servers that we have which are based in the USA can sometimes...

Chicken, friday 28-Aug-09 17
*CJ*
Aspergers in adults?
*CJ*, 23 of August of 2009 at 20:38

Before I get lost in the powers of google can anyone help recommend any informative websites regarding Aspergers please? And particularly in adults. Or is there anyone here who has any experience of...

Giraffe Wife, saturday 29-Aug-09 27
IWantOne
Legal requirement for passport details when booking flights?
IWantOne, 27 of August of 2009 at 22:11

Anyone in the travel industry know anything about this? I've just booked some flights through easyjet and have had to give all passport numbers, expiry details etc for all passengers whilst being...

IWantOne, friday 28-Aug-09 7
Hugo Brambles
How much room do you give when driving round a parked car?
Hugo Brambles, 27 of August of 2009 at 09:49

OH always tells me off that I'm too close whenever I drive past a parked car. I do squeeze past I suppose partly as I have a tiny car, I'm on the road all day but mostly because I judge there to be...

Nilesh, sunday 25-Feb-24 7
Hugo Brambles
Has anyone divorced and kept their married name?
Hugo Brambles, 25 of August of 2009 at 07:52

As per title really, I'm just curious if anyones divorced and kept their married name. If so did you still keep the 'Mrs' too? Found out yesterday that as I did keep my OH's name when we divorced, I...

Diefenbaker, thursday 27-Aug-09 53
PoppetK
Bah, only lost 1.5lbs last night
PoppetK, 19 of August of 2009 at 13:01

I've been going to Weight Watchers for 2 weeks now, lost 2lb in my first week and 1.5lb last night. Am disappointed with last night, I've been really good all week and honestly thought I'd lost more....

Sare, friday 21-Aug-09 3
AnnaBanana
U2 were phenomenal!
AnnaBanana, 15 of August of 2009 at 22:59

Just wanted to share some pics of U2 at Wembley last night, it was an awesome awesome gig!! special thanks to Zooropa who sold me her spare tickets so without her we wouldnt have gone and had the best...

trixie, sunday 23-Aug-09 76
Old Nick Esq.
Evidence of being odd...
Old Nick Esq., 21 of August of 2009 at 11:31

The 'jitters' associated with starting a course of SSRIs.... An unpleasant side-effect? I have them. And they're faffing great.

kjfc100, friday 21-Aug-09 10
S
SW Girls - question please
SAM83, 20 of August of 2009 at 13:12

Hi Was looking through a leaftlet I had through door yesterday about SW and was thinking of joining however when I joined for previously I seem to remember you had to eat quark as a low fat cheese and...

GMT, friday 21-Aug-09 3
Lady Vixen
I am officially stoopid - please ignore
Lady Vixen, 20 of August of 2009 at 11:27

I've booked a holidat for June 2010 - depart on 7th June for 14 nights. I've just had the confirmation documents and we leave at lunchtime on 21st June..... ....technically that is 13 nights isn't it...

Lady Vixen, thursday 20-Aug-09 5
claires
Woman athlete that could be a man??
claires, 20 of August of 2009 at 09:53

I dont get it... are they saying that the South Africans know she is a man and were hiding it, or that there is some medical reason why she has been brought up as a woman, but actually is male??

lmsunshine99, thursday 20-Aug-09 14
Hugo Brambles
Easyjet - Baggage Allowances
Hugo Brambles, 3 of March of 2009 at 08:34

I'm just reading on their site and it states that each person is allowed one standard piece of hand baggage to maximum dimensions of 55x40x20cm, and up to 8 pieces of checked in luggage. Are handbags...

pinkjay, thursday 20-Aug-09 17
(pf)
oh no. this wasnt in my plans. im stuck
(pf), 19 of August of 2009 at 19:33

Ill start at the beggining with some back ground please bare with me. when i was pregnant with my first i was with a guy who was an alcoholic and mentally abused me. i left him when i was 6 months...

Zooropa, thursday 20-Aug-09 8
Chicken
Oh, what's occurring?
Chicken, 17 of August of 2009 at 15:57

Anyone doing anything fun in the foreseeable? I'm off to a wedding aboad this week. Can barely contain my excitement. A whole week of wedding related madness in brilliant sunshine with lots of...

Tanta, monday 17-Aug-09 8
Zooropa
Fuming at sarcastic hsbc customer services
Zooropa, 17 of August of 2009 at 11:11

I'm on the phone trying to get some cash back on my credit card as I was screwed by the company I booked my hotel with for my trip to London on Thursday/Friday. I tell the lady on the phone all of...

Zooropa, monday 17-Aug-09 2
allymc
Frozen mouse/ pointer on laptop - help please
allymc, 17 of August of 2009 at 11:34

Unfortunately our 15 month old got her hands on our laptop yesterday (likes to slam her hands on the keyboard) and as a result the pointer/ arrow on the screen is now frozen We've tried swtitching the...

allymc, monday 17-Aug-09 1
IWantOne
anyone work for easyjet?
IWantOne, 16 of August of 2009 at 21:18

I'm having nightmares trying to change my maiden name to my married name on a pre-booked flight, as per my new passport. Is anyone around who may be able to point me in the right direction? TIA x

IWantOne, monday 17-Aug-09 2
L
I have two days' gardening leave - whoo. And, what are your weekend plans?
LittlePeanut, 13 of August of 2009 at 08:03

I've got two whole days' gardening leave. And then I have to be back in the office on Monday ? This is a becoming a bit of a pattern - I had three days off last week, one the week before. I'm hoping...

R-A, thursday 13-Aug-09 13
lizziemh
Missing programmes the first time round
lizziemh, 12 of August of 2009 at 07:18

I've only just watched the earlier episodes of Spooks - the ones with Matthew MacFadyen in, and have become engrossed (especially the chip fryer episode if anybody knows it). !!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody...

LittlePeanut, thursday 13-Aug-09 12
Zooropa
schumacher not returning to F1
Zooropa, 11 of August of 2009 at 11:19

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8186319.stm Shame - I was looking forward to seeing him race against Raikonnen and Hamilton.

FigJam, tuesday 11-Aug-09 5
barongreenback
Anyone moved to Virgin media? Couple of Qs
barongreenback, 9 of August of 2009 at 21:33

I've realised I'm paying over the odds for BT and my broadband so was wondering if Virgin media could be the solution. A couple of questions that don't seem to be on their website: - Do you keep your...

Melawen, monday 10-Aug-09 18
Chicken
Lunch
Chicken, 6 of August of 2009 at 13:42

Turkey, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce and mayo on sundried tomato bread. Thank you Alfords of Farringdon. There's no wonder I'm not losing weight.

mimimouse23, thursday 6-Aug-09 21
AnnaBanana
Always the one to call/email to say hello - what to do?
AnnaBanana, 5 of August of 2009 at 14:10

Random title but wasn't sure how to call it. I have a friend i've known for about 5 years. we met through our last jobs, worked together for the first 3 years and then we got new jobs in different...

AnnaBanana, thursday 6-Aug-09 8
Sunset21
Flying ants...
Sunset21, 5 of August of 2009 at 15:40

Our front and back garden are infested - I haaaate them. How long do they usually last once they erm, hatch?

bobbi, wednesday 5-Aug-09 15
Hepburn
Charging a 16GB iPod Nano
Hepburn, 3 of August of 2009 at 22:58

I have the new 16GB Nano which I usually charge off my laptop, but this weekend I'm off on holiday without the laptop and therefore have no idea how I'll charge it while away... Our big 80GB iPod...

Hepburn, tuesday 4-Aug-09 9

General groups

Hitched article topics